Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 01:50 AM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas for Keeping It Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Does the CPU sign players at realistic salaries or just that users can abuse this aspect if they want to? I haven't played 25, just trying to get a feel of what I could be in for on Madden 15 haha
If the CPU doesn't have enough cap room, it doesn't stop them - they'll simply sign players to insanely unrealistic contracts.

In one of my CFMs, I just had the Falcons (CPU controlled team) franchise tag Julio Jones for $12.5 million, then sign BOTH Dez Bryant AND Demaryius Thomas (they both reached free agency) to long-term deals. In the same offseason.

They managed to get Demaryius to accept a measly 5-year / $33.8 million deal. That's an average of just $6.76 million per season for a 27-year old 90+ OVR #1 WR. That's absurdly low.

Demaryius will likely be breaking the bank in real life in the neighborhood of $10-12+ million per season average. They basically got him to accept a long-term contract worth HALF of what his market value is...
Old 07-24-2014, 02:11 AM   #498
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

I think you will see some CFM news here in the coming days. People like us are beating down EA's door to get that info out to our leagues. It also gives us the pull we need to distract our hungry owners. I really hope we don't see any salary glitches, and I hope the ability to reset cap for new owners would be huge.

One can only hope!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #499
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I would quit while you're ahead Josh.
It's not about being ahead, I'm just trying to keep the community informed about the game when I hear some new info.

I'm confident in what I said and I'm not one to just say stuff for no reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-24-2014 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #500
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
On what concrete evidence is this faith based? Do you have links to specific discussions?
Of course, the FranchisePlay interview is where Rex said it and more than one GC said on twitter we would have plenty to discuss for CFM.

As for the Brian Murray favorite part of the game that hasn't been announced part.

@jpdavis1982: @ThatBuckeye oh well someone posted something you had said about CFM. Anyway do you have any idea what Brian Murray may have had in mind?

@ThatBuckeye: @jpdavis1982 @ThatBuckeye oh yeah and I know what he was talking about. you will see in a few weeks or whenever they decide to reveal.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-24-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #501
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Whether I purchase or not depends 100% on what improvement they made to CFM.

It is very worrisome that they haven't release any information yet.

I do however sense a different approach by most major development companies in terms of feeding the public information.

NBA 2k15, WWE 2k15, Madden 15 CFM details, PES 15 etc. all haven't announced much yet...and it's only 2 or so months untill release date.

Anyway back on topic, if no details are revealed...no buy, if little to disappointing improvements are revealed...again no buy. Franchise was incredible 10 years back...EA has really dropped the ball on franchise the last couple of years.

If assisted tackles doesn't work again, and the AI doesn't practice to improve their backups...then I'll seriously consider not getting the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #502
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Shopmaster said on GC Radio Tuesday that they will have more than one show about CFM when the info comes out. That should tell you they didn't just barely touch CFM this year.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:55 AM   #503
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I hate to show my hand I guess you could say, but with all the gameplay improvements I've seen and with all the talk of realism and balance from Rex Dickson, I'm pretty convinced that I'm getting it. I've basically just been playing Madden 12 since that came out. I don't expect anyone else to do another roster update for that game although I haven't looked yet, dont know if it can even be ported again.

I'm just hoping CFM is a significant improvement over CCM. I tried it on 13, and it was ok but I felt really spoiled on Madden 12 with the in season editing and the off season felt significantly better. I have a feeling I'm going to get bored of this game after 3 seasons when the progression becomes very unrealistic and the bugs pop up. I know that's skeptical and all but that's what I'm fearing.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 07-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #504
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't think the lack of information on CFM is a sign of bad things to come. We're still a month away from release and in a "normal" year, we would be within the first 2 weeks of release of NCAA Football.

I would expect the information on CFM to come out around the kick off of preseason football, which is only a handful of days away.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »