Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #513
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

with just over a month to go and zero franchise news im getting a little worried
Old 07-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #514
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Why the focus on solo franchise? I'm just curious as to what can be implemented into solo franchise that can't be implemented into multiplayer franchise and vice versa. Let's agree that we ALL want a better franchise. not just the solo players.
I agree with you but I was thinking that the solo franchise player gets overlooked.

For example:
- poor CPU AI on the field (play calling, clock management, etc).
- poor CPU AI off the field (salary cap, releasing/signing,drafting wrong players, etc)

These issues don't effect the multiple user CFM or head to head gamer

I also think presentation inside CFM takes a hit due to online users. Just my opinion but I think it's probably difficult to get other games highlights into everyone's CFM during a weekly recap show". Same for in game updates
Old 07-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #515
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think it makes sense to save some announcements for just prior to release...

Assuming the CFM stuff will be exciting (I think it will based on what others have already posted) they announce some cool new stuff, then you can buy the game soon after while the hype is highest.

I am no marketing guru but to me it makes a lot of sense, rather than having a month or more of lull with no new buzz

Some things seem so simple to add. Didn't previous Maddens have a score ticker during the season? You could just have the engine sim all the non user games BEFORE you play without the user seeing that this happened, then reveal the sim stats by quarter in the ticker while the user plays. It would look like it was happening "live" and could even include stats/scores from around the league during a halftime show. I'm not sure if there are issues with this that would keep it from happening or not working right, but the sim engine sims the games anyway, so this would just show the user some of the scores/stats that were already generated.

There is so much they could do that doesn't seem like it would be overly difficult, and would help with immersion in CFM and make the league feel more alive. You could do the above with injury reports too. Remember: the games have already been simmed, but you could have the ticker include injury reports and even record breaking performances from the games. It seems like the sim engine is the tough part, the ticker would just be a way to display the results.

But I am also no programmer, so I don't know if there is some issue with doing this that I'm not thinking of.

Last edited by marktwain77; 07-24-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #516
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

It seems plenty early still regarding news on CCM. I would anticipate them rolling out announcements with 2-3 weeks left till release. I mean, they have to manage it so they have major things to talk about each week and they can't blow their wad all at once from a marketing perspective.

All I really need to be happy with franchise mode is an engaging scouting and drafting experience and a progression system that works and doesn't bork the game.

I could care less about FA being "fun" or whatever it was they tried to accomplish with the ticking clock/rapid-fire FA bidding recently, and I could care less about contract and trade logic. I can create house rules for myself to manage those aspects of the game, and even the best sports games haven't really gotten resigning and trade logic right yet. So I'm not worried about that.

If the draft isn't fun and if the progression system is skewed or overpowered, that would ruin the experience for me.

I do hope, as someone above suggested, that they embrace the idea that MUT and 1-1 play are great but the franchise experience has to be the core, stellar experience that sells the game. I'm not entirely hopeful that will happen, as MUT seems pretty popular, but it's my hope.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #517
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Is it too much to ask them to add practice squads, waivers, and the ability for online CCM commissioners to realign divisions? CCM/franchise just seems too shallow without those features.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #518
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree with you but I was thinking that the solo franchise player gets overlooked.

For example:
- poor CPU AI on the field (play calling, clock management, etc).
- poor CPU AI off the field (salary cap, releasing/signing,drafting wrong players, etc)

These issues don't effect the multiple user CFM or head to head gamer
I'm not sure how any of that is offline CFM specific. Like saying "I hope offline players get some love, tackling animations need a lot of work". Much of what you describe affects anyone not in a 32 player online CFM, Play Now vs CPU as well as MUT vs CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Is it too much to ask them to add practice squads, waivers, and the ability for online CCM commissioners to realign divisions? CCM/franchise just seems too shallow without those features.
Logic and contracts/acquisition rules required for expanded rosters w/ practice squad, the waiver offering, signing, matching process... I wouldn't expect that's a small amount of work. I'm sure division realignment would cause a number of challenges also unless it was strictly 1 to 1 changes, retaining the schedule structure.

All things I'd love? Sure.

Last edited by mestevo; 07-24-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:32 PM   #519
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

The game could really use some player conduct suspensions to make it more immersive

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #520
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'm not sure how any of that is offline CFM specific. Like saying "I hope offline players get some love, tackling animations need a lot of work". Much of what you describe affects anyone not in a 32 player online CFM, Play Now vs CPU as well as MUT vs CPU.

Logic and contracts/acquisition rules required for expanded rosters w/ practice squad, the waiver offering, signing, matching process... I wouldn't expect that's a small amount of work. I'm sure division realignment would cause a number of challenges also unless it was strictly 1 to 1 changes, retaining the schedule structure.

All things I'd love? Sure.
I understand your point. Maybe I worded it wrong. Should of said User vs CPU player gets overlooked. But I think EAs improvements the past few years have focused on user vs user games. People say they changed franchise mode and made CFM, but it mostly just combined everything for both online/offline people. Even some of the things they've added the past 2years, the CPU doesn't take advantage of.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 07-24-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »