Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

I remember the cards you used to earn back on Madden 2003. That was kind of cool. Can't remember if they did much but it was fun collect them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 AM   #562
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Where did this MUT thing come from? I didn't even know what it was until last year. I feel like,for the past fifteen years, it's pretty much been all about franchise mode or player mode, and all of the sudden this MUT thing is massive. I mean...it's basically just like a fantasy draft mode that EA can monetize, right? I don't see what's so amazing about this mode.

To be honest, I'm actually surprised EA hasn't found a way to monetize franchise mode. I'm sure die hard fans would pay extra for certain bonuses that made the mode more engaging or interactive. Not trying to give them ideas, I'm just surprised it hasn't happened yet.
I think They tried at one point. I think at one point you could purchase things like talking a player out of retirement.

Edit: they were called accelerators.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 07-26-2014 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:35 AM   #563
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's been in for a while I believe, but I'm in the same boat. I really don't understand the appeal behind playing it. The only thing I can guess is that it adds some sort of creativity to online play now. It seems like the only thing anybody on Twitch plays as well. And it seems like once it gets to a certain point it's just people playing with near identical teams fill with nothing but 99 everything. Maybe that is the appeal to it.

One thing it does is kind of make me miss the Madden Points and Madden Cards they used to have.
I agree about MUT. I've tried it 1 or 2 times but it's not for me. And to spend more money on a game to me isn't worth it.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #564
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTJ
They probably figure that most people don't even use the practice feature, and they're probably right. It sucks.
In a single player CFM its not much of a problem. I can workaround the problem by skipping the practices so my team doesn't develop faster than the CPU. But in an online CFM the commish has no way to stop other owners from practicing and using the XP. And most owners definitely do practice and use the XP. Anybody joining a league late with a team that was CPU controlled is at a serious disadvantage.

They should fix it by at least giving the CPU the 1000XP for a failed practice but it would be even better if they gave the commish rights to ban practice or reduce the XP payouts for practice.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 07-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #565
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

If you look it also seems a bulk of the achievements have been and will be focused on MUT

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #566
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, EA likes MUT because it makes more money and that's their goal as a company and I feel a lot of today's kids don't have allegiance to a team, but rather to players and with MUT, you can have Rodgers, Peterson, etc. all on your team just like Fantasy. Just my .02. Also, if you're a fan of a team like the Jags, you can actually win a dozen games rather than play through a season of small crowds and high draft picks. Me? I'd rather play a season with my team (TB) and with and against all the current players.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:33 PM   #567
Rookie

OVR: 1

no word yet on fixing the online franchise...suspect
Old 07-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #568
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Ok I'll bite, fixing what?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »