Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 12:23 PM   #577
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Does anyone know if the ratings will stick in CFM this year? Last year a team's scheme messed up the players overall rating in CFM.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #578
Rookie

OVR: 0

Some ideas for franchise below.

Iím going to propose a scenario.

You are playing the Patriots away from home.

4th quarter a less than a minute left and down by four.

Itís a crucial game in your online franchise, your biggest rival and finally youíve a chance to beat them.

Youíre 4th and five on the sixteen yard line, shotgun formation, no timeouts.

The crowd is baying. Itís raining.

Your audibling your tight end to run an out route just past the line of scrimmage to get out of bounds and your centre snaps the ball.

But like Peyton the Superbowl you arenít ready, the ball hits you, falls to the ground and you donít recover.

The game is over.

How do you feel?

Sick obviously, but how do you feel if itís your back up sixth round rookie centre with a very low awareness rating?

A position you neglected in free agency as you already had a solid (but now injured) starter and other priorities.

Suddenly you are responsible.

Well, itís an extreme example, but if a franchise to be truly immersive, these sort of scenarios should be possible.

Ratings have to matter and mistakes should occur.

Of course Iím not saying these should happen in every game, but the possibility has to be there over a season and based on certain ratings something like this could occur.

Iíll give you a few examples with some variables that could affect them. There are no doubt hundreds more.

Long snap fumbled or not expected. (Low Awareness Centre or Low Awareness QB).
Fumbled exchange with QB/Centre. (Low Awareness Centre/Cold/Wet/Snowy Weather).
Fumbled Handoff between QB and RB, or a dropped pitch. (Low Awareness of Either/Cold/Wet/Snowy Weather).
False Starts. (Low Awareness Offensive Lineman/Receivers/Noisy Games away from home).
Pass routes badly/wrongly run. (Low Awareness Receivers/Noisy Games away from home).
Encroachment. (Low Awareness D Linemen).
Holding. (Overmatched O Linemen).
Illegal Contact. (Overmatched Linebackers/Secondary).
Illegal Formation. (Low Awareness Receivers/Noisy Games away from home).
Illegal Motion. (Low Awareness Receivers/Noisy Games away from home).
Intentional Grounding. Either passes (from outside the pocket not reaching line of scrimmage (very common) and passes just not catchable. QB under pressure.
Offside. (Low Awareness Linemen)

The argument to these scenarios is that they take away from user control but if the whole concept of a franchise and trying to acquire and develop a team is to have any purpose, there must be Ďpenaltiesí when you donít.

I could go on to discuss the virtues of missed tackles, poor blocking and a weakness at the point of attack but thatís for another day.

Incidentally and finally, the home win % in the NFL for the ten years 2002-2011 was something like 57.2%. Some of these factors might affect this, it really ought to feel and be tougher to win on the road.

JR

Old 07-28-2014, 12:43 PM   #579
Rookie

OVR: 3

I got pretty big into MUT in 25, but see it as a one-time thing, to be honest.

I would have preferred franchise even then, but the DirecTV Sunday Ticket version of Madden came with extra MUT packs so that got me going on that.

The other problem though, which is more relevant to this thread, is that I absolutely hate the XP-based method of player progression that started a couple years back. I totally understand that it's not realistic the old way (not that the new way is either). I just find the practice sessions to be completely boring (especially when I'm playing for 5-10 seasons), and much prefer the old in-game performance affecting progression.

I'm assuming that works the same way this year as last year? Or do we not know yet?

Last edited by jhoff80; 07-28-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #580
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMSfan77
Does anyone know if the ratings will stick in CFM this year? Last year a team's scheme messed up the players overall rating in CFM.
I agree, this needs to be fixed. Ratings drops really only need to occur on defense if say you stuck someone like Robert Quinn at DE in a 3-4 system. If you stick a player out of position their AWR and play REC should drop like 40 pts.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #581
Rookie

Something else that could be cool is a slight ratings boost to certain home teams. Because the Seahawks and Saints and certain other teams elevate their play at home.

I don't know how it would be done...maybe all players that have a 90 or higher AWR get a slight boost...or you have to have your stadium at a certain capacity (the more you win at home the more people attend your games).

This would really simulate having to face off against a team like Seattle. And it would really motivate you to play for home field advantage in the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #582
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyclaps
I agree, this needs to be fixed. Ratings drops really only need to occur on defense if say you stuck someone like Robert Quinn at DE in a 3-4 system. If you stick a player out of position their AWR and play REC should drop like 40 pts.
They're talented athletes, you have to presume they're going through training, walkthroughs, etc at these positions even if they're somewhat of a round peg for a square hole. Change the OVR reflected that players fit for your team, a dynamic I really liked. It's something I'd like to see expanded on and apply to coaches and their coordinators too.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #583
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMSfan77
That's by design.

The changes in the OVR rating calculation based on scheme helps the CPU decide more intelligently what players it wants to put on the field to best fit how it wants to play. As to help avoid a 3-4 team from starting a 4-3 coverage OLB, for example.

The OVR rating by itself - regardless of context - means nothing, has no effect on football gameplay, and the user should ignore it. It only exists as a means for the CPU to evaluate a player high-level.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #584
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Was/has there been any franchise info released?

they released a MUT trailer today.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...eo/jnhNfWxTtT8
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »