Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #593
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

I agree with some others in this thread. Some really good ideas floating around here. I for one am not a fan of the xp system. It just feels very arcady. I preferred back in Madden 12 and prior where if you found an A potential player, he would shoot up 5-6 points for the first 2 seasons. Some players like Qb's can take longer to develop but a lot if players also progress quickly and make immediate impacts while others don't have much potential and you never see them progress much IRL. I guess the potential factor needs to have a much bigger gap. Anyone else agree?

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 07-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #594
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I agree with some others in this thread. Some really good ideas floating around here. I for one am not a fan of the xp system. It just feels very arcady. I preferred back in Madden 12 and prior where if you found an A potential player, he would shoot up 5-6 points for the first 2 seasons. Some players like Qb's can take longer to develop but a lot if players also progress quickly and make immediate impacts while others don't have much potential and you never see them progress much IRL. I guess the potential factor needs to have a much bigger gap. Anyone else agree?

I agree but it needs to be some what dynamical.. To factor in that no names sometimes become superstars.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #595
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't think XP is that bad of an idea, every year there's someone in any sport for that matter that plays above their potential. That's why they are constantly upgrading player's ratings. You should be able sign an undrafted Arian Foster and have his overall jump 30 points after a season or two of production or draft a Tom Brady in the 6th round and turn him into who he is today. It's like people in online CFMs don't want to see players they missed out on turn into studs. Maybe hide ratings until they are signed.
Season 15 7-9-0
Season 14 (12-4*-0) NFC East Div. Champions
Season 13 (8-8-0)

www.twitch.tv/sinsinnatti3x
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #596
Rookie

Kalkano's Arena

OVR: 2

But, why should we be able to turn the player of our choice into a superstar? That should be a behind the scenes programming decision.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #597
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The issue is we can turn every player into studs. My team is basically a farm team for the rest of the league since I'm smarter about xp usage.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #598
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I'd just like to see outstanding performances result in players demanding more money... Even if they are only 84 OVR. If they are catching 130 passes and getting 1900 yds + 20 tds a year they should demand huge money. If I want to keep them from that I just don't use the XP on them. It's a broken system.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:22 PM   #599
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The issue is we can turn every player into studs. My team is basically a farm team for the rest of the league since I'm smarter about xp usage.
The biggest reason this happens in Madden 25 CFM is a balancing issue, that being the User's access to 40,000+ XP per-player via weekly practice that the CPU will never see. Take that away and I imagine the experience with the mode becomes significantly more even.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:15 AM   #600
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

OVR: 0

Players develop that's realistic. I agree that the CPU controlled teams should be developing as well. But to be against players developing is ridiculous. The checks and balance to the development issue needs to be the regression of other players not having the same impact they once did. Along with higher contract demands from the developing player. I agree if a player is performing at a high level regardless of rating they should demand higher contract and/or holdout and have a ratings decrease, only to increase once the contract issue is resolved or they move on to another team. Kinda like how NBA 2k does with the morale unhappy players see a ratings decrease and return to normal once they leave the team or have a role adjustment.
Season 15 7-9-0
Season 14 (12-4*-0) NFC East Div. Champions
Season 13 (8-8-0)

www.twitch.tv/sinsinnatti3x
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »