Home

Was/has there been any franchise info released?

This is a discussion on Was/has there been any franchise info released? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 02:23 AM   #601
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

Personally I would prefer a progression system like what is found in MLB The Show. The user can direct players in a certain direction but do not have total control over it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 03:42 AM   #602
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalkano
But, why should we be able to turn the player of our choice into a superstar? That should be a behind the scenes programming decision.
I don't think it's really our choice, the players physical attributes are actually what makes them able to become stars. WR with 98 speed but low awareness and catch can develop those things thru XP but it cost much more XP to make a WR have 98 speed. Skill XP (awareness, accuracy, man coverage) cost less than physical XP (speed, strength, throwing power)
Season 15 7-9-0
Season 14 (12-4*-0) NFC East Div. Champions
Season 13 (8-8-0)

www.twitch.tv/sinsinnatti3x
Old 07-29-2014, 03:52 PM   #603
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The biggest reason this happens in Madden 25 CFM is a balancing issue, that being the User's access to 40,000+ XP per-player via weekly practice that the CPU will never see. Take that away and I imagine the experience with the mode becomes significantly more even.
Exactly correct. I do not use practice at all in my CFM, I only distribute XP to my players before each pre-season. In year one no XP upgrading. I also have the CPU teams set to upgrade once a year as well.

My current CFM is in year 4 and feels balanced. M25 is the most fun I have had in franchise mode with Madden since Madden 2005. So it is making progress. But it still needs more. No question. I do get immersed in draft storylines, and love the tweeter feeds making my league feel more alive.

But.......

Dynamic commentary would go a long way to immersing us in our CFM's. It really makes a huge difference in The Show and NBA 2K series. Despite so many complaining about The Shows commentary, It's relevant to your season and is dynamic. Even updating you on the current series your playing etc.

Madden needs what NCAA 14 already gave us. A working active ticker like you see on Sundays. Scores and stat's from around the league!!! Break away game updates like in NCAA 14. It would go miles towards immersion.

It was done on the NCAA series and IMO done pretty damn good.....why can't Madden make the same upgrades towards CFM player immersion? Baffling.
Baconís Marlins YR1
1980ís Strat-O-Matic KC Royals YR1
1993 Yankees Marlins YR1
2003 Yankees/Marlins Season Replay

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #604
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Exactly correct. I do not use practice at all in my CFM, I only distribute XP to my players before each pre-season. In year one no XP upgrading. I also have the CPU teams set to upgrade once a year as well.

My current CFM is in year 4 and feels balanced. M25 is the most fun I have had in franchise mode with Madden since Madden 2005. So it is making progress. But it still needs more. No question. I do get immersed in draft storylines, and love the tweeter feeds making my league feel more alive.

But.......

Dynamic commentary would go a long way to immersing us in our CFM's. It really makes a huge difference in The Show and NBA 2K series. Despite so many complaining about The Shows commentary, It's relevant to your season and is dynamic. Even updating you on the current series your playing etc.

Madden needs what NCAA 14 already gave us. A working active ticker like you see on Sundays. Scores and stat's from around the league!!! Break away game updates like in NCAA 14. It would go miles towards immersion.

It was done on the NCAA series and IMO done pretty damn good.....why can't Madden make the same upgrades towards CFM player immersion? Baffling.

Love your ideas and i agree with you about the progression if you dont abuse it and only use xp in the offseason its not bad at all i am in yr 7 and its the same way pretty balanced.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:00 AM   #605
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNsinNatti
I don't think it's really our choice, the players physical attributes are actually what makes them able to become stars. WR with 98 speed but low awareness and catch can develop those things thru XP but it cost much more XP to make a WR have 98 speed. Skill XP (awareness, accuracy, man coverage) cost less than physical XP (speed, strength, throwing power)

XP should not be available to increase speed no matter how much. Accuracy & Arm Strength are other areas where XP should have no ability to help a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #606
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Any draft class info? Similar to NBA 2K?
JMU/UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball
76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 21(XB1), Avengers(PS4), Animal Crossing and Paper Mario
Old 07-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #607
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
Any draft class info? Similar to NBA 2K?
You said it... I don't care about anything else but custom draft classes.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #608
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
XP should not be available to increase speed no matter how much. Accuracy & Arm Strength are other areas where XP should have no ability to help a player.

Accuracy should have a range for improvement. Look at Peyton Mannings INTs early in his career... Or any other great QB. They get better over time. Not everyone should be able to have an increase to 99 but I always prefer to have more options rather than fewer.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »