Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-16-2014, 03:04 AM   #73
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
1. what we are seeing is definitely incomplete. 2. the improvement could be anywhere from minimal to big improvement.
Guess I should have worded it better. I know it is definitely incomplete, but I was wondering if the extent was bigger than we initially thought. I originally figured they cut much of the new audio but now I am wondering how much gameplay stuff was not shown.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #74
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't think it is nit picking to want a game to properly implement the key aspects of the sport. EA's main slogan for years has been " it's in the game" . Well it isn't in the game. Not only is the tackling wrong, the player movement still feels and looks awkward , there has never been a penalty set that works properly, the play challenge system is for the most part a joke. A.I. Second string QB's play like Joe Montana. The OL/DL interaction has improved but still needs work. You still see players on defense just standing around instead of getting involved in the play. If I don't drop my quarterbacks accuracy slider down to below 10 I will never see a poorly thrown pass. I could go on for hours but I think you get my point. In case you don't my point is this, other sports games are able to properly represent their sport, Madden has not done that yet, not in a realistic sim manner. Yeah it is a football game, they got that part right, now make it play like one.

The only way I can begin to enjoy a madden game is to spend the first 4 weeks testing and tuning sliders in an attempt to get the game to somewhat resemble what I see on Sundays. I shouldn't have to do that at this point. The game should represent the sport accurately right out of the box.

I don't mean to slam the game developers but I think they have become lazy. The ability to patch a game allows them to rush an unfinished game to the consumer and then try and fix the issues with patches. How about you get some people who know the sport to test the game and get it right before releasing it. Oh yeah " it's a short development cycle". Excuses excuses.

I have hopes that Madden 15 will show some improvement before August 26th. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Last edited by JMD; 06-16-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Figures
Bottom-line, the nuisances of real football player behavior and gameplay is limited in Madden (almost non existent). It has been this way for years. This is why most of us glamour at the other next gen games and wonder why EA can't do the same. Well, they won't as long as there is no comp.
Its not a Madden thing, its an EA sports thing. Monopolize a commodity, produce a generic game, make it look pretty hype the crap out of it and create revenue based solely on the strength of said commodity as opposed to a consistently competent product. Its basic economics for their company it seems. Its not the developers either, you think these guys dedicated years to their craft to make Madden NFL Shovelware? Its the suits, at EA and the NFL. The guys dedicated to the dollar not the craft. They gotta eat though, so no dev is gonna rock the boat and lose their job for a single one of our wants in a videogame.

Last edited by TjJunior; 06-16-2014 at 07:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 10:20 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 1

i dont play them but i believe FIFA and other titles they have are significantly better with animations etc?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 5

I am starting to think that Madden will never be the game we want it to be. I think it peaked around 2005, and its just been stagnant or even going in reverse since. the wait til next year thing is just getting too much for me. They'll never add everything we want since then there would be no big adds the next year. EA lives for catch phrases and back of the box features. They are not the company to produce a good football game...they've shown that for the last decade now. So much of what we want has already been done in the past on inferior systems....its just ridiculous that we have to put up with stuff like bad tackling and these choppy animations.

Looks like this will be the 3rd straight year with no madden for me.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 5

"he clearly implied that next year or the year after the game will finally be what we are looking for. "

they've been "implying" this for years. its just hype. I am not going to fall for it anymore.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #79
Rookie

JPBeBeast's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
"he clearly implied that next year or the year after the game will finally be what we are looking for. "

they've been "implying" this for years. its just hype. I am not going to fall for it anymore.

Surely we'll be getting the passing cone back next year though!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 8

In some of the new vids coming out, tackling looks better. I've seen a lot more double and triple tackles with guys falling appropriately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »