Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #81
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

The tackling does seem silly. Waaaay to many one on one tackles. It seems like its always a grab and throw to the ground kinda tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #82
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
In some of the new vids coming out, tackling looks better. I've seen a lot more double and triple tackles with guys falling appropriately.
If you're talking about 3 defenders actually wrapping up or affecting the momentum of a tackle, can you direct us to one of these? I haven't seen a 3-man tackle yet. I've only seen a few 2-man tackles, and the 2nd defender doesn't seem to affect the momentum.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
If you're talking about 3 defenders actually wrapping up or affecting the momentum of a tackle, can you direct us to one of these? I haven't seen a 3-man tackle yet. I've only seen a few 2-man tackles, and the 2nd defender doesn't seem to affect the momentum.
Putting it that way, no I have not seen a 3 man tackle. In earlier vids I've seen one man tackles with 5 guys around just jumping over the 2 players. In a few recent vids I haven't seen the jumping as much and more guys on the ground. Could be me just trying to look for positives

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-16-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
In some of the new vids coming out, tackling looks better. I've seen a lot more double and triple tackles with guys falling appropriately.
I dont know what you are watching, but the tackling is one on one all the time. If a defender is in an animation with a ball carrier, any other defender will just rub off the ball carrier and not influence the play or the momentum. They dont go into an animation either. Now that is just the 2nd player, so the possibility of a 3rd defender helping on the tackle does not exist. Only time a secondary player will influence the play is when the 1st defender lets go because the ball carrier broke the tackle, but if two defenders came at the same time to the ball carrier, only one will go into animation. There is no gang tackling in this game or any game over the past few years.

This is nothing new, it has been for years, even that one year they came up with "gang tackling" it was all animation and the multiple defenders really didnt play a role in the play. It was all animation purposes, but only one defender actually influenced the play which wasn't an influence since back then the animations were canned.

An example of proper gang tackling is if one defender goes into animation of a running back, lets say the running back outweights him by 20lbs so he is dragging the defender a bit, a 2nd or 3rd defender comes from the side and hits him sideways causing the ball carrier to go from dragging forward the 1st defender into hitting the ball carier side ways. This does not exist in Madden game, yet it exist in 2k5.

I believe you are trying to point out the positives which isn't a bad thing, but realistically, multiple player tackles do not exist in this game. If EA was truely workin gon creating a sim, this should of been in the game years ago instead of wasting time on communities, surprise onside kicks, game flow, changing the hot route with the strat pad, now changing the play call screen which is all. unnecessary.

Even last year, they changed a defense hot route of two hot routes, they essentially just swapped two defensive hot routes, but kept everything else the same. Thats why last year some game changer said you can now manually assign a second defender to double team by pressing the coverage and press right stick up or something like that, but the previous year it was coverage and pres right stick down (or vice versa). Just unnecessary changes taking away time to fix the game play.

Last edited by dkp23; 06-16-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Bezo we know this. The momentum does not affect tackles in Madden. The game still in many ways lives on the scripted animation sequences. We thought them adding physics would take care of that but it hasn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #86
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Bezo we know this. The momentum does not affect tackles in Madden. The game still in many ways lives on the scripted animation sequences. We thought them adding physics would take care of that but it hasn't.
Yep this is the most scripted and animation based RTP engine I have ever seen. The ignite engine works for FIFA but it is not all that compatible with Madden. And on the physics side of it I have not seen that much improvement. After year one they tuned players falling over after plays and what not, but this seemingly had a side effect of diminishing the physics. And I don't know what, if any, improvements have been made to the engine. All I have been hearing is animation talk.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 0

Check out the video thread for the head to head video. I swear Richard Sherman meets Frank Gore head up and puts him on his back Lmao. It kills the realism when you see a corner tackle a running back like that!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #88
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »