Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #121
Pro
 
TalenT's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ca$hville
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
That's the strange thing about Madden. The game can look good in little pockets and spurts, but in longer stretches the game breaks down.
What makes it worse is the fact that, Madden COULD be THAT game. They actually DO have a great foundation to build on (I know many won't agree with me here). It's just some of the the things they lack have been done in a game several years old. It's like I'm missing something. It can't be that hard if it has been done before, right?
__________________
"I BALL FOR REAL, YALL DUDES IS SAM BOWIE."

XBOXONE GT: TalenT3Point0
TalenT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #122
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy
 
Jr.'s Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 18,075
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
With all the E3 hype dying down now, I will say emotions have ran a little high around here. There are many who come to the forums with very negative posts and no matter what is shown will hate what they see. This is not directed towards anyone, just a sense of what I got. To try and give a different perspective, I may have been a little over positive with the game...

Having said that. I find the running game is extremely well done. I'm not talking animations. Just talking gameplay wise in general. OL/DL play is fantastic in the run game and the logic is definitely there IMO. I find running the ball really fun and it is by far the best part of the game for me.

Everyone said they needed to address defense this year which they have. If they can hit on the things they've added (pass rush, coverage logic, tackling) like they hit on the running game, I think this would be a huge success. Again not talking animations, just logic and how it all plays.

This leaves the passing game for next year.

So a break down of this 3 year plan (major phases of the game. And yes major phase is debatable):
Running game (check)
Defense (hopefully check)
Passing game (next year assuming)

They must work on animations obviously, but when it comes down to how the game plays and feels, I think they are closer than what many people give credit for. It may not look great animation wise yet but I certainly think the game will be damn fun to play this year. Strictly gameplay wise they can "nail it" next year in all 3 phases.
Didn't they work on the passing game two years ago with all of the new pass trajectories?
__________________
My favorite teams are better than your favorite teams

Watch me play video games
Jr. is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #123
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
What makes it worse is the fact that, Madden COULD be THAT game. They actually DO have a great foundation to build on (I know many won't agree with me here). It's just some of the the things they lack have been done in a game several years old. It's like I'm missing something. It can't be that hard if it has been done before, right?
Right there is the rub, it seems at times that Tiburon tries to innovate even when what's already been/being done is better. Making Madden a football simulation is not some new slogan, Madden developers have been claiming that for years, yet they have still chosen attempted innovation over proven realism, repeatedly. Just as one example, Ian stated flat out that longer animations were more fluid and realistic/lifelike but that he opted for some new branching tech, ProTak, that used shorter, less realistic animations, for better User control. In general there is nothing wrong with that, it's just a matter of preference, he made User control a priority over realism, the contradiction is doing that while claiming creating a football simulation is the goal.

So the issue seems to be that recreating NFL football in a video game using what's already been done isn't that hard but trying to invent some NFL simulation/arcade hybrid is. It's never been done before and Tiburon is the only studio I know of that's been trying to do it for at least 10 years.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 06-23-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #124
MVP
 
BezO's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2004
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
What makes it worse is the fact that, Madden COULD be THAT game. They actually DO have a great foundation to build on (I know many won't agree with me here). It's just some of the the things they lack have been done in a game several years old. It's like I'm missing something. It can't be that hard if it has been done before, right?
Yeah, I disagree that the foundation is there. I think their problem is that the foundation is off and fixing what we probably think are small to moderate issues are huge issue for them.

Are you saying things lacking in current Madden have been done in older Maddens, or in other games? If in other games, yeah. If in older Maddens, can you give an example?
__________________
Shout out to The Watcher! Where you at bruh?
BezO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #125
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Blog Entries: 5
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Didn't they work on the passing game two years ago with all of the new pass trajectories?
Not sure if this question is meant to be condescending but I don't think that Rex was leading the team then.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-23-2014 at 10:27 PM.
johnnyg713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #126
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy
 
Jr.'s Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 18,075
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Not sure if this question is meant to be condescending but I don't think that Rex was leading the team then.
It wasn't. I thought I remembered them re-doing the pass trajectories a couple of years ago, and now guys are talking about them possibly redoing passing again next year. Just makes it tough to keep up with.
__________________
My favorite teams are better than your favorite teams

Watch me play video games
Jr. is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #127
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: May 2008
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
It wasn't. I thought I remembered them re-doing the pass trajectories a couple of years ago, and now guys are talking about them possibly redoing passing again next year. Just makes it tough to keep up with.

yes, pass trajetories was done this past year, so if they bring it up again, just recycling fake features. I didnt see any difference in the passing.
__________________

dkp23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 PM   #128
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Blog Entries: 5
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
It wasn't. I thought I remembered them re-doing the pass trajectories a couple of years ago, and now guys are talking about them possibly redoing passing again next year. Just makes it tough to keep up with.
Yes they re-did trajectories a few years ago, however when i mentioned the passing game I was referring to both offensively and defensively. There are a lot of things that needs to be worked on. WR/DB interactions are one which has been said from the horses mouth will be worked on and the main thing that comes to mind. Things such as pass interference, WR route running, WR/DB 50/50 balls, QB pocket movement, route based passing etc.

I'm not saying this is actually what they are going to do, I just think that is the next phase of the game this team is going to work on.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-23-2014 at 11:38 PM.
johnnyg713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.

Top -