Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #137
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
How can you use examples like this while claiming in another thread Tiburon is not doing core fixes because people aren't asking for them? lol

This example clearly shows what I was referring to, Tiburon is going to do what they deem possible or easiest, regardless.
I'm not sure what you're saying. That was '09. Not sure how far back you can look, but see if you find more than a few folks talking about footwork back then. Community masses not asking for it. It's not in the game.

What am I missing?
Old 06-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #138
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
The tackling in this game has never looked good, ever. Hit stick was then added, arcade bull****, should've been for blitz.

Pro tak?..bunch of guys hugging. Scrap that.

Still no form tackles or gang tackling.

Not sure what y'all are waiting for.....oh wait, yes I do. Momentum in tackling. Momentum? Momentum in physics. Let's start there.
Didn't Madden 08 have alot of gang tackling animations?
Old 06-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #139
Banned

OVR: 25
The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

I firmly believe they arnt doing ANYTHING to smarten up the defense... Just fix the AI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #140
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I'm not sure what you're saying. That was '09. Not sure how far back you can look, but see if you find more than a few folks talking about footwork back then. Community masses not asking for it. It's not in the game.

What am I missing?
If Ian then or whatever dev now says that x isn't possible because any number of reasons, from coding to compatibility issues to whatever, how is any number of people still asking for x going to change that? Yes that was years ago but it's still the same issues with a somewhat different team.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you and you're saying that this team now is giving the "community" bandaids they have been asking for but even if that's the case, the inmates shouldn't be running the asylum. We all think we have good ideas about how to improve Madden but we are not programmers or devs working on the game, they should be the ones deciding the best way to design a NFL simulation video game. If this team is all about simulation like they claim to be then fundamental football fixes should be priority, regardless of what layman gamers specifically ask for.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #141
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomant94
Didn't Madden 08 have alot of gang tackling animations?
The only gang tackling I remember was with Pro Tak. That was '10 I believe.

I seem to be in the minority, but I thought that was a good base. Looks like they could've did something with this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #142
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
If Ian then or whatever dev now says that x isn't possible because any number of reasons, from coding to compatibility issues to whatever, how is any number of people still asking for x going to change that? Yes that was years ago but it's still the same issues with a somewhat different team.
But we know it is possible. Satisfying their customers is how. If everyone wanted it, they'd deliver.

I'll say it another way. We know they can't do everything in one year. They get in what they can. If the community is asking for 5 peripheral features, they'll add those 5 and there won't be much time for anything else. But if the community focused on 1 or 2 global elements, maybe they'd take the time to do those instead.

Think about what's been hot on the forums the past 2 years or so. Those tihngs are making it in the game. True step went in last year and supposedly improved this year. Inaccurate passes are in. Presentation is getting attention.

Quote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you and you're saying that this team now is giving the "community" bandaids they have been asking for but even if that's the case, the inmates shouldn't be running the asylum. We all think we have good ideas about how to improve Madden but we are not programmers or devs working on the game, they should be the ones deciding the best way to design a NFL simulation video game. If this team is all about simulation like they claim to be then fundamental football fixes should be priority, regardless of what layman gamers specifically ask for.
I am saying that they are delivering band-aids. Unless they're a result of pressure, bad timing, WR/DB interaction (we know this is not the case) etc, inaccurate passes is an example.

Sure, QBs sometimes throw bad passes for no good reason. But more times than not, it's due to something other than bad accuracy "ratings". Pressure in the QBs face. WR running a pattern at the wrong depth. WR getting bumped off his route. Arm bar holding up a WR. Wrong option route. Do you think these things were implemented?

Then watch as folks complain about arbitrary inaccurate throws next year.

And yes, I do feel they should make a simulation without the need for community suggestions. Unfortunately, I think it's clear they're taking cues from the community. This year's features are exactly what folks have been asking for the last 2-3 years.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #143
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

I seem to be in the minority, but I thought that was a good base. Looks like they could've did something with this.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #144
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Gang tackling was introduced on the PS3 version of Madden 07 which came out at console launch in November 2006 and was in both platform versions (Xbox 360 and PS3) of 08.

The "gang tackling" was relegated to a maximum of 2 defenders, but it was in those games. Probably in 09 as well but 08 is where Madden really started to lose me and I never played much of any of them after that, so I can't say for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »