Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
Based off the videos ive seen it's some of the worst tackling I've ever seen in a sim football game and makes the game unplayable for me. I mean the canned animations ruin everything, they overcome weight, momentum, angles, and ratings. RTP ain't the answer, it's year 3 and it has not improved at all, they need to build a new tackling engine or adopt one such as the one in Back Breaker. Two man tackling is a joke, it only triggers sometimes, too many instances defenders just stand around looking instead of helping on tackles, heck, the tumbleweed and shoulder dive animations looked better than just standing around. I mean with better graphics and new camera angles the bad tackling and animations are more noticeable than ever, makes the game look rushed and unfinished to me. I'm surprise more people arent raising more hell about this, tackling this bad should be unacceptable in 2014. Any word on if they are going to tune the tackling (make two man tackling more frequent) before release?
No offensive but what did you expect? Tackling in EA games is usually quite sucky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #162
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCFClemson
The game looks amazing until players move.
Sums up the franchise's last ten years.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:07 AM   #163
Banned

Wow, after looking at almost all the videos the tackling is very bad. In past years the surrounding defenders/would-be tacklers would fall over like bowling pins, roll on the ground, or do the shoulder dive animation to deceive people into thinking defenders were helping on tackles. Now they just stand their, soon as the canned animation starts other defenders stop, they don't even bother to do anything, just looks very awkward. Wonder if tackling was tuned down during the alpha build?
Old 06-28-2014, 01:15 AM   #164
Banned

Tackling in this game is like a black hole, vacuum cleaner lol
Old 06-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I haven't seen much evidence to suggest that it's any higher of a priority now either, to be quite frank.
which is a shame, since anytime I have a breakout run, the main thing I see is the horrible running animation of the ball carrier, and the entire chasing pack all having the exact same running animation regardless of player size
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #166
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
which is a shame, since anytime I have a breakout run, the main thing I see is the horrible running animation of the ball carrier, and the entire chasing pack all having the exact same running animation regardless of player size
And the conga line.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #167
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
What irks me most about things like "the conga line", as Bezo stated, is the attitude that "it's just a video game", that ish burns me up. It's like someone cutting your grass, fixing your car or whatever, doing shoddy work then saying "well I'm only human", lol.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #168
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
And the conga line.
Something as subtle as having bigger guys pull up and maybe bend over to catch their breath. Add some individuality. THis is one of the biggest immersion killers in Madden. It reminds me of games like 10 yard fight where all of the players on the field moved in perfect harmony, completely synchronized. When you are running with the ball you will see the entire defense going to the ball like a herd of cattle. THis may seem like one of those "little things", but it goes a long way in giving the players life and differentiation. You could even have something cool like a guy pulling his hamstring, or twisting his knee. Instead, when an injury happens with one of these "chases", he instantly rotates, and will always magically flip over on his back and go into that silly looking sequence of writhing in pain. Never once does he stay face down, or on his side, or anything of the sort. Once again - a solid reminder my players are all the same robot performing acts to somewhat simulate what a human might do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »