Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #17
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I think atrocious is being over dramatic. It needs work, but it has come a long way. There used to only be 5 tackle animations in football games.

Wrong!!!

If anything, he understated the issue. Tackling in M10 for PS2 is better than what we have seen in the last three years, including the clips from M15.
PS2 had much more fluid (and consistent) multi-defender tackles, "cleanup hits" and bang _ bang plays.

It is beyond atrocious, it is supercalifridalidoatrocious!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:35 PM   #18
Rookie

Too many unreal locking tackles also.I know some safeties are big hitters, but even they don't come from the secondary and de-cleat 230lb rb's. Troy p. And others go for the legs the majority of the time irl. And every cornerback in Madden hits like a linebacker! They need to make small guys tackle like small guys. I think that would open up the gang tackling because secondary players would be in a struggle to make 1 on 1 tackles and need help
Old 06-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #19
Strategy Over Skills

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Again, I don't like to nitpick video games, I enjoy Madden most of the time so I will never understand some of the complaining that goes on, honestly, I am glad I am this way.

I get to enjoy a NFL football game and those that hate it, don't.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:42 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 2

The lack of gang tackles is frustrating. That means we won't get assisted tackles or proper stats ... again. What happened to the Infinity engine. RTP? Did they scrap that already?
Old 06-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #21
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

I am HUGE, HUGE football fan and I love the NFL. Use to love franchise mode on old gen too. But Madden has completely ruined football. I'm turning into more of a hockey fan now because the NHL game by EA is infinitely better than Madden. I understand having 22 players live at a time is much more difficult than 12, but it's still just pathetic. I'm not a big college football guy at all, but I am enjoying NCAA 14 much more than I ever did madden 25. I'll likely continue to play it instead of getting madden this year. I'm not buying into the hype ever again. I may not buy madden for another couple of years and the only way I will buy it is a christmas time buy after I've heard enough good things and tested it myself. I don't expect this to be the case for another 3 or 4 years though.

Even if you throw gameplay out the window the other modes are ridiculous. Yea, I'm sure both the Redskins and Colts would let their franchise QBs walk after their rookie contracts are up. Nevermind that one of them just finished an MVP and Super Bowl win season. How freaking ridiculous is that? No way in a million years would that happen and Madden's career modes routinely has teams let their franchise QB walk in free agency! It's one thing to have that happen every once in a while, but every year and with guys that are like 25 and 26? Get out of here! And don't even get me started on the abysmal experience points system

Overall madden is a terrible experience for anyone that knows anything about football. It's not surprising to see the stuff coming from E3 being completely underwhelming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 22

The tackling don't seem bad to me...but again...we all have opinions just like the OP has his opinion.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
The tackling don't seem bad to me...but again...we all have opinions just like the OP has his opinion.
Do you actually watch real football? Serious question because I'm not sure.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:11 AM   #24
Banned

Live2K's Arena

I think the game is looking good. But yes it is being held back by old gen and 1yr development cycles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »