Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2014, 04:01 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
Watching the video, the tackling is the same. We are in 2014, we are next gen consoles now and still EA can not properly implement a true tackling system with gang tackling. Time and time again, if a defender is in contact and performing an animation with the ball carrier, anybody around does not play a role in the tackle and just kind of rubs off.

Why madden still has one on one tackling only system now is kind of sad. 2k had gang tackling back in 2005, that is almost 10 years ago and EA continues to have the canned animation with no true tackling system where all defenders can play a role in the tackling. The momentum is always off every year, a runner going forward and the a tackler from behind pulls them backwards, no momentum. Then in m25, ea "fixed" the momentum where they always go forward.

True physics? they need to go back and take a page out of 2k tackling system and implement a true tackling system. That is why there are so many big plays, it is always one on one in the open field. it doesnt happen as often in real life as it does in this game.

If this rex dickson guy is saying they are making a true simulation game where we see in madden is what we see in the game, i dont see damn cones, i see true physics, true tackling, and true swarming defenses instead of continued one on one canned animation tackling.

Exactly! You hit it on the nail! I don't think it could have been said better!
This dude gets it, while so many don't... Why is that???

I don't know how many times you can beat a dead horse but I'll continue until somehow someone in EA sports gets it. Why does a game 10 years ago have better gang tackling and better WR/DB interactions then the current Madden 2015??????? On newer Powerful consoles??!! Why?? We are not talking about 2 years, or even 5 years, we are talking about 10 years!! A decade for goodness sake!! How long does it take for them to catch up?? It's mind boggling..
Old 06-13-2014, 04:24 AM   #34
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

What I find even more worrisome..whoever was playing in this video..comes out in dime defense time after time..and 49ers come out in base offensive set..and can't smash his defensive with 6 d backs on run plays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 AM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
Exactly! You hit it on the nail! I don't think it could have been said better!
This dude gets it, while so many don't... Why is that???

I don't know how many times you can beat a dead horse but I'll continue until somehow someone in EA sports gets it. Why does a game 10 years ago have better gang tackling and better WR/DB interactions then the current Madden 2015??????? On newer Powerful consoles??!! Why?? We are not talking about 2 years, or even 5 years, we are talking about 10 years!! A decade for goodness sake!! How long does it take for them to catch up?? It's mind boggling..
Actually it's only been two years that Rex Dickson has been there as creative director of gameplay, a position that Madden never even had until he was hired.
WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are part of their plan. It takes 3-5 years to make great sports games with consistent direction across the dev team. It won't be much longer before everything is in the game that we want to have in there. Everyone I've talked to that has been able to go down to Tiburon and see their vision for the future has said that. If we don't see much improved WR/DB interactions, signature animations, gang tackling, better animations period in the next two years then we probably never will. I'm almost certain that one or two of those maybe more will be addressed next year. If you go back to last year, we were mostly talking about the graphics and presentation and what they lacked and about the defense and pass rush needing to balance the gameplay and o line blocking out. The year before that it was o/d line interactions and foot planting and before that physics. So based on the 3 years that Cam has been here, it's kind of predictable that WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are probably next.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-13-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #36
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

I think I said this on another discussion, but I'll say it here, too. As much I'd love to see some of these things (gang tackling) right out of the box, they're not quite there. However, if u play with the sliders, u can find them. For everyone here who doesn't think gang tackling exists in madden 25, crank up your roughing the kicker slider. I've got mine at 63, but feel free to play with it to see what u get. I know this seems a bit ridiculous, but my guess is whatever is in the slider for RTK basically allows for extra hits after the play. As in, the kicker kicks the ball, the play is 'over', and he still can be hit. I know this 'shouldn't' affect all other plays, but this is madden, and I don't know what they've got in their funky code. However, as I tested various things, I was pleasantly surprised when I upped the RTK slider. This just seemed to up the overall aggression from the players and everyone seemed to play right up to the whistle. And, yes, I do see gang tackling and I do see assisted tackles (although, not often enough, I think the engine just doesn't record these properly). Try it from 63-70 and see if u see gang tackling. Once again, I'd love to see these things out of the box, but after realizing that all-pro was never going to be real enough, and all-madden was always going to be all-ridiculous, I finally turned to tweaking sliders to my preference, and I suggest everyone do the same. Same thing with catch animations. Sadly, again, out of the box, they just didn't all seem to be there. Up WR catch to 64, and there they are. WR now challenging for the ball more. Better toe taps, etc. So, strangely, with EA, it's in the game, it's just hiding in the game. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #37
Banned

I must concurr with the OP, the game has PS2 animations with PS4 graphics. They need to re-do the animations for next year, that should be their main focus.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #38
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Actually it's only been two years that Rex Dickson has been there as creative director of gameplay, a position that Madden never even had until he was hired.
WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are part of their plan. It takes 3-5 years to make great sports games with consistent direction across the dev team. It won't be much longer before everything is in the game that we want to have in there. Everyone I've talked to that has been able to go down to Tiburon and see their vision for the future has said that. If we don't see much improved WR/DB interactions, signature animations, gang tackling, better animations period in the next two years then we probably never will. I'm almost certain that one or two of those maybe more will be addressed next year. If you go back to last year, we were mostly talking about the graphics and presentation and what they lacked and about the defense and pass rush needing to balance the gameplay and o line blocking out. The year before that it was o/d line interactions and foot planting and before that physics. So based on the 3 years that Cam has been here, it's kind of predictable that WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are probably next.
Unfortunately, what has been addressed is not meeting standards set by games 6 years old.

O/D-line interaction looks like it improved only for user controlled players. I'm only seeing lateral movement (steering) from engaged players when the user is involved. Can you confirm this is in for CPU controlled players and they actually use it?

Foot planting is lacking. I've seen ball carriers swerving in every vid. And that's with True Step implemented for ball carriers. The word is True Step is not in for CPU controlled players. Can you speak on this?

With EA working on the game in segments, how long will it be until they get back to something they worked on that's still in bad condition?

Anyone at EA share my feeling that the game won't be close until basic animations are addressed? Without proper footwork and steering for ALL players, the spacing and timing of the game CAN'T be right. Until virtual players move & cover ground similar to real NFL players, plays can't unfold in a realistic way.

It's hard enough to tackle some of the shiftiest RBs in the NFL. With their virtual counterparts defying the limitations of the greatest athletes in the world, and no gang tackling, no wonder someone felt the need for tackling cones.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #39
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I am HUGE, HUGE football fan and I love the NFL. Use to love franchise mode on old gen too. But Madden has completely ruined football. I'm turning into more of a hockey fan now because the NHL game by EA is infinitely better than Madden. I understand having 22 players live at a time is much more difficult than 12, but it's still just pathetic. I'm not a big college football guy at all, but I am enjoying NCAA 14 much more than I ever did madden 25. I'll likely continue to play it instead of getting madden this year. I'm not buying into the hype ever again. I may not buy madden for another couple of years and the only way I will buy it is a christmas time buy after I've heard enough good things and tested it myself. I don't expect this to be the case for another 3 or 4 years though.

Even if you throw gameplay out the window the other modes are ridiculous. Yea, I'm sure both the Redskins and Colts would let their franchise QBs walk after their rookie contracts are up. Nevermind that one of them just finished an MVP and Super Bowl win season. How freaking ridiculous is that? No way in a million years would that happen and Madden's career modes routinely has teams let their franchise QB walk in free agency! It's one thing to have that happen every once in a while, but every year and with guys that are like 25 and 26? Get out of here! And don't even get me started on the abysmal experience points system

Overall madden is a terrible experience for anyone that knows anything about football. It's not surprising to see the stuff coming from E3 being completely underwhelming
This. In the short time that I have played NCAA 14, I am enjoying it more than Madden 25.

I have not owned an NCAA game in all my years of gaming. It just never caught my interest. I have always been a "pro" guy and never really got into collegiate sports. My brothers and my friends get NCAA football every year and they absolutely love it. It is the football game they keep, while they (we, really) trade in Madden every year after a season or two.

I have been playing NCAA 14 this year and I think that is a really good football game. I don't own it, but I play it all of the time at my brother's house, which actually has convinced my to buy it. I don't know why I haven't checked it out before. Sure, it has its problems like any game does, but the re-play factor is great. And, it is on last gen. I guess that goes to show you that, although graphics are great to have in games (and Madden 15 looks pretty sweet), graphics are not the end all be all of football gaming, or gaming in general.

We decided that we are going to keep playing NCAA 14 this year instead of buying Madden 15. Yeah, I want to check it out and see the facelift and exactly what it has to offer, but I see the same issues that have plagued Madden for quite a while now. Unlike previous years when I have bought Madden, I will be renting or borrowing it this year.

Last edited by testudoaubreii; 06-13-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #40
Rookie

Way too many big De-cleating hits! If players irl tackled like they do in Madden, there wouldn't be any players left to field a team. They'd all be fined and suspended for hits on defenseless receivers or out with concussions! Great defensive teams rally to the ball and gang tackle, that's how turnovers are created, not by a cb going 1on1 with a running back and shoulder charging him off his feet causing a fumble!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »