Home

The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

This is a discussion on The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
The bolded is not accurate. I'll let someone else tell it but it is nowhere near accurate. And for guys on the board who have been to EA you know what I'm talking about.
You don't have to elaborate but which part is wrong. The fact that I said there hasn't been a solid team or because I said there has been bad ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
You don't have to elaborate but which part is wrong. The fact that I said there hasn't been a solid team or because I said there has been bad ones.
The switching. I'll just say this. When it comes to Madden a distinction needs to be made between producers and developers/coders. Ask anyone who's been down there. They know what I'm talking about. I've been down there, I just don't want to talk about it.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

OpearatonHyperbole at it's finest.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #68
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Yea Madden needs to decide once and for all. Whats the future? Is it a pure simulation of football. Or is it going to be a pick-up-and-play fun factor football game. I think this dev team is struggling with higher ups to convert Madden to a pure sim. I honestly do. I just don't think they have free reign like they should.

Right now it still has one foot in each bucket. The gimmicks and back of the box features every year for casuals. Huge hits on every damn play with hit stick. Then its ol/dl interactions and true step for the sim guys.

I almost think the higher ups demand a gimmick each year to sell the game, when in reality if EA put out a true simulation that fundamentally changed the way we ALL play the game, it would sell itself. Hell it has the NFL stamp of approval. And in this country that is good as gold.

Us hardcore footballers wont be happy until EA takes it's other foot out of the casual bucket.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #69
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
Yea Madden needs to decide once and for all. Whats the future? Is it a pure simulation of football. Or is it going to be a pick-up-and-play fun factor football game. I think this dev team is struggling with higher ups to convert Madden to a pure sim. I honestly do. I just don't think they have free reign like they should.

Right now it still has one foot in each bucket. The gimmicks and back of the box features every year for casuals. Huge hits on every damn play with hit stick. Then its ol/dl interactions and true step for the sim guys.

I almost think the higher ups demand a gimmick each year to sell the game, when in reality if EA put out a true simulation that fundamentally changed the way we ALL play the game, it would sell itself. Hell it has the NFL stamp of approval. And in this country that is good as gold.

Us hardcore footballers wont be happy until EA takes it's other foot out of the casual bucket.
Last year Rex made it a point to say that the days of "back of the box" features are over. I was skeptical.

I do not know about the inside information on EA or anything, but if I had to guess as to what Madden's problem is I would say it is two things:

1. Someone "up top" shuts down some things or otherwise impacts development. The dreaded suits

2. The bigger culprit in my mind, the programmers are not that talented. I am not talking about the football guys who decide on direction, I am talking about the actual AI coder and the like. I don't think sports games (especially football) attracts the brightest minds in programming.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #70
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQy8h1kxO6c

1:40

"We are making an authentic, simulation football game."
Old 06-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #71
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQy8h1kxO6c

1:40

"We are making an authentic, simulation football game."
Same interview he states that they reworked the tackling mechanics. That leaves me wondering on the gameplay footage we have been seeing. Have they intentionally left some of that out due to it not quite being ready for public consumption? Watching some of the footage it looks like it could be incomplete.
I think the best example is from the Seahawk/49er vid where the DB does absolutely nothing to prevent a TD pass in the corner. He kinda stands there in his presnap pose. Now even last year he would have at least slightly raised his two arms or something.

Hopefully we have not seen most of the improvements made to tackling and coverage. Then we have to wait. I suck at waiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 12:29 AM   #72
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Same interview he states that they reworked the tackling mechanics. That leaves me wondering on the gameplay footage we have been seeing. Have they intentionally left some of that out due to it not quite being ready for public consumption? Watching some of the footage it looks like it could be incomplete.
I think the best example is from the Seahawk/49er vid where the DB does absolutely nothing to prevent a TD pass in the corner. He kinda stands there in his presnap pose. Now even last year he would have at least slightly raised his two arms or something.

Hopefully we have not seen most of the improvements made to tackling and coverage. Then we have to wait. I suck at waiting.
1. what we are seeing is definitely incomplete. 2. the improvement could be anywhere from minimal to big improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »