Home

Suggestions on fixing robotic animations

This is a discussion on Suggestions on fixing robotic animations within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #17
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Suggestions on fixing robotic animations

As long as EA keeps improving the game I'll be happy. Not yet where a lot of us want it but it's still fun for me.
Can't wait till August to play.
That newest vid really looks a lot better than the earlier ones.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 06-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #18
Banned

Live2K's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd rather have control then be stuck in animations. Does it look totally realistic no. Does it feel good executing yes. I don't want 2k football. Madden is what is and always has been. I feel there are more important issues than how animations "look".
Old 06-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #19
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
I'd rather have control then be stuck in animations. Does it look totally realistic no. Does it feel good executing yes. I don't want 2k football. Madden is what is and always has been. I feel there are more important issues than how animations "look".
I still have gotten stuck in animations playing Madden. So I'd rather have it look good.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-14-2014, 01:24 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
You can still have control and good looking animations.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:54 AM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I hope Rex and this team are somehow able to put some of these myths, imo, out to pasture, like the one where you must sacrifice realism for control. I'm not going to rehash this debate that has been going on about Madden for as long as the exclusive, so I'll be brief.

What User control should equate to is responsiveness, meaning the User utilized the controller resulting in the in-game player performing an action. Control shouldn't equate to success and defying the laws of physics. It sounds simple enough but for some reason this concept seems to have evaded being a basic tenet in Madden for awhile.

If Stick Skillz Mcgee wants to ATTEMPT to make an in-game player do some action that defies the laws of physics, by all means the in-game player should be responsive BUT the in-game action performed should be realistic for the given situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28

One of the animations that's been in the game for years that drives me crazy is the one where the running back gets hit in the back field, before he can get any momentum going forward. He will then proceed to somehow go into a spinning animation that allows him to fall forward for 6 yards. It wouldn't be a huge deal if it happened once in a while, but you can play a SINGLE game and see it no less than 10 times. It's ridiculous. This particular instance is one of many that cause me to want to throw my controller through the TV. It's not the outcome, it's HOW that outcome came to be. These plays tell me the game is scripted. How can I be proven wrong in this case? I got into the back field, hit the guy while he was flat footed, yet he continued to go into an animation that is not possible to do from a physics standpoint given the context of that situation.

That is the kind of crap that makes me put it down and is the root of so much frustration with this game. It should be more organic. Any reasonable person knows it is software, so it won't be exactly right all of the time. No game has ever been that way, but it needs to be right 95% of the time. Fool me into thinking things are not pre-determined and that the players have life to them. Playing in an online league you get to the point where you are numb from these types of things. You start hearing terms and phrases like, "got screwed by the game", "I was maddened"... These things come from these types of scenarios. Some of the animations look fine. It's the player interactions that happen in the wrong context that make it look terrible. Not to mention, the synchronized animations are just AWFUL. Seeing two or more players doing the EXACT same animation at the EXACT same time is one of the biggest immersion killers in any game, and I've yet to see a game that is even close to being as bad as Madden in this regard.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #23
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

The ONLY way that Madden is ever going to improve dramatically and make those of us who want a true sim-game happy is to take a year off and start over. Just throw out everything they have and start from scratch for the new-gen systems.

I am absolutely blown away at how sad and pathetic the new game looks. Players movements are beyond belief and the announcing is even worse, if that's possible.

Take a year off and start over from the bottom up... Of course they won't do this because it would cost them too much money. But that's the only way for this series to be salvaged and turned into a great new-gen game.

Last edited by Dr Death; 06-16-2014 at 12:27 AM. Reason: To accomodate the Mod's thread clean-up...
Old 06-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #24
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I remember last year when there was talk in the community of how we wanted signature animations and Rex replied that he does not feel the base animations are good enough to justify signature styles.

I agreed with him and yet I am sitting here somewhat perplexed...why have the base animations not been improved?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »