Home

Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

This is a discussion on Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #33
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Fair enough, hopefully we're past the point of same old madden now and moving into the future of simulation football. Right now we're kind of in between and I understand why people are kind of torn and in the middle about this.
If they would've went in and expanded true step, improved the running and juking animations that they started building last year, I'd believe in this team, but it seems like that stuff was barely touched.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-13-2014, 08:07 PM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
If they would've went in and expanded true step, improved the running and juking animations that they started building last year, I'd believe in this team, but it seems like that stuff was barely touched.
Clint said he's working on True Step for CPU AI for positions like O lineman for the future at the moment.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #35
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Clint said he's working on True Step for CPU AI for positions like O lineman for the future at the moment.
SMH. It is what it is at this point. I hope everyone enjoys Madden 14.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #36
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
They did expand on True Step some this year, I know it affects more than the ball carrier now, but not sure besides that how much was improved with it.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #37
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Everyone should be happy that Madden is actually starting to do some of the little things. The actually are putting an effort into attention to detail now. This little things are what make FIFA and NBA 2K look so organic.

Agreed 1000%...the little things are what make a good game a GREAT game.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #38
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Yea I would've though completing "true-step" would be these guys #1 priority in the off season. True step on all 22 guys would change the way everyone played the game. It would have made it fresh again. I hope they hop to finishing that. But to start it one year and finish it 2 years later is a little disappointing.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #39
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
Yea I would've though completing "true-step" would be these guys #1 priority in the off season. True step on all 22 guys would change the way everyone played the game. It would have made it fresh again. I hope they hop to finishing that. But to start it one year and finish it 2 years later is a little disappointing.
Quote:
They did expand on True Step some this year, I know it affects more than the ball carrier now, but not sure besides that how much was improved with it.

That's what I honestly don't understand. I honestly don't understand why 'true step' or 'footplanting' isn't top priority.

I may be talking out of you know where, but....

Footwork is extremely in important in the game of football. Everything literally starts from the ground up, starting from your foot to your hips. Footwork is about positioning on both offense and defense. It's your feet that takes you from point A to point B. The CB and SS/FS was out of position, allowing the winning TD to be scored over the top. The LB was out of position, allowing the running back to pick up that 25 yard gain into field goal territory. The OL was out of position, allowing the DL to sack the QB.

Logically speaking, I would think the Madden team would want to fully implement true step 100% to all 22 players on the field simultaneously before thinking about working on the code for how players behave on the field of play. (Offensive/ Defensive line, Wide Receiver/Defensive Backs, Linebackers, Quarterbacks, Running backs, all player's behavior on the field.)

If the appropriate blocking scheme doesn't work properly all the time because true step works as intended, then that's because physics was respected. If the OL was caught off guard and out of position, he should be beat. If the DB was caught off guard and out of position, he should be beat.

Don't create a source code to fit a desired situation, let physics or true step dictate the outcome
. Don't create a source code so the OL magically compensates, magically recovers, magically picks up the block because the blocking scheme was "suppose to work this particular way." Don't create a source code so the DB magically compensates, magically recovers, and magically intercepts or tips the football for an incomplete pass because it was "suppose to work this particular way."

If true step isn't fully implemented and isn't working as intended to all players on the field, when someone is out of position, suction tackling, suction blocking, sliding when running or evading, defensive backs magically swooping in to snatch that interception, offensive lineman magically sliding over to pickup the block, and any other physics defying scenario will continue to persist.

Is true step causing **problems** with the OL/DL interactions, WR/CB interactions, QB pocket awareness, movement in the pocket, scrambling tactics, along with how the RB moves, etc. etc. etc. and that is why it isn't fully implement?

By **problems**, I mean **realistic outcomes, realistic movements, realistic positions, realistic speed (based on ratings), realistic blocking, realistic WR and CB break on the throws, realistic speed, realistic QB drop backs, etc. etc. etc.** then true step should have been fully implement in Madden 25 and in Madden 15, and the foreseeable releases.

Next up to bat: Proper Head Tracking, Proper Awareness. See ball, touch ball. React to what's visibly accessible to the player on the field.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 06-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #40
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Nah what I'm describing isn't in the game yet. Again 15 is way better than what we got in 25, but not at the level I'm thinking of.
When #17 comes to the huddle in this video around :20 and elbows charles to make room for him and then puts his arm around him in the huddle, is that more along the lines of what you had in mind? I know that's never been in a football game before.

http://youtu.be/zOV-3i3M9Ks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »