Home

Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

This is a discussion on Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 06-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #41
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
When #17 comes to the huddle in this video around :20 and elbows charles to make room for him and then puts his arm around him in the huddle, is that more along the lines of what you had in mind? I know that's never been in a football game before.

http://youtu.be/zOV-3i3M9Ks
That's a nice touch but nah. That's a cutscene anyway that isn't even realtime. Number 17 isn't even on the field the next play, which is fine, I'm just saying.

You can just see the flaws in the base locomotion. Look how in the very next play Charles walks to get set and he doesn't even really step he just slides his feet into position. That type of stuff is always gonna be there as long as that locomotion is under everything. That right there is just minor nitpicking, but stuff like that pops up all over the field with dudes sliding and gliding everywhere. They gotta redo that if they want to get the authentic look.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-15-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #42
MVP

JKSportsGamer1984's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's a nice touch but nah. That's a cutscene anyway that isn't even realtime. Number 17 isn't even on the field the next play, which is fine, I'm just saying.

You can just see the flaws in the base locomotion. Looks how in the very next play Charles walks to get set and he doesn't even really step he just slides his feet into position. That type of stuff is always gonna be there as long as that locomotion is under everything. That right there is just minor nitpicking, but stuff like that pops up all over the field with dudes sliding and gliding everywhere. They gotta redo that if they want to get the authentic look.
This is so true. It's always been one of my biggest gripes with Madden (other than gameplay issues if course) when I see players slide into position presnap or just sliding in general. I was specifically looking for stuff like this when watching these vids. It looks like they've eliminated a lot of it, in fact that Jamaal Charles slide into position was the 1st one I've really seen presnap so far. But you're right, this type of stuff needs to go for Next Gen. I'm even seeing players on sidelines sliding back & forth smh. I'm big on immersion & when I see stuff like this (along with sideline players not having names on their jersey) it totally kills it. So I wouldn't call it nitpicking, they need to get the little details right. The more realistic the graphics get, the more these issues will start to stand out.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:43 AM   #43
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon5 Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

I see some of that old locomotion stuff you guys are talking about and I really think they are and have been since last year, working right now on a new animation/locomotion system.

I'm calling it now, madden 16 will have a new True Motion animation system and a focus on WR/DB interactions, Living Worlds fully fleshed out, and continual improvement across the board on the areas worked on in 25 & 15. IF that happens how satisfied with this Madden team would you be?
Old 06-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #44
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Everyone should be happy that Madden is actually starting to do some of the little things. The actually are putting an effort into attention to detail now. This little things are what make FIFA and NBA 2K look so organic.
I won't knock the additions, but what makes 2K look organic are the little things IN ADDITION TO great animations. EA has a lot of mo-cap work to do before Madden & organic can go in the same sentence.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #45
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I see some of that old locomotion stuff you guys are talking about and I really think they are and have been since last year, working right now on a new animation/locomotion system.

I'm calling it now, madden 16 will have a new True Motion animation system and a focus on WR/DB interactions, Living Worlds fully fleshed out, and continual improvement across the board on the areas worked on in 25 & 15. IF that happens how satisfied with this Madden team would you be?
I thought you would've stopped with the bold predictions by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

No way. We will get WR/DB interaction next year, and that will probably be about it. After all, you have to give people something to buy for the following year, right? Since there aren't enough ideas to put into a game in a cycle.

You said all of this same stuff in Madden 13, then Madden 25, and now this year. Right now, you are living proof that the EA marketing team's brainwashing really does work. Come on man, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have a very incomplete football game here, and not to mention, all we are talking about is Gameplay and Presentation. The severely lacking career mode(s) are a whole new can of worms.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:58 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 8

After reading the points on true step not being implemented for all 22, I have a feeling we won't see it. Why completely revamp defensive AI when you know you'll just have to change it all over again once true step is fully implemented? Unless someone can explain why working backwards makes sense in this situation, I don't see what would make people believe they'll add it next year.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-17-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:25 AM   #48
Banned

Ovie832's Arena

OVR: 0

I love little quirks and fidgets in game play. I've always looked for it in other games... Madden has a few this year.. but like most things they add... their isn't enough variety. Already in all the videos i've scene... the QB has done that neck cracking animation where he rolls his neck left and right as he approaches the line of scrimmage.. or he points to the to the linebackers.. every time!

It's progress... but doesn't seem very deep. Just like the intros.. I feel like i've seen all the intro's have to offer at this point from just seeing the E3 videos.. Coach kneeling on the ground with the QB before he comes out.. or leaning on his shoulder talking in to his ear.. RB/WR grabs his helmet and flips it up in the air. It just is NEVER varied enough. Why not keep the old team intros in the game and add these little things one by one each year? so there are many options on what could happen when the game starts? it makes no sense.

and as far as the real-time celebrations after plays.. I've seen the JJ watt salute, the dribble basketball fadeaway.. and the lebron celebration already many more times than I should have seen them at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »