Home

Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

This is a discussion on Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-17-2014, 01:56 AM   #49
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
After reading the points on true step not being implemented for all 22, I have a feeling we won't see it. Why completely revamp defensive AI when you know you'll just have to change it all over again once true step is fully implemented? Unless someone can explain why working backwards makes sense in this situation, I don't see what would make people believe they'll add it next year.
Watch the video about reach tackles that I posted in the video thread. They are building the game in phases, so each year they will add to each feature that is added. That video specifically talks about this year is phase one for reach tackles. This year is phase 2 of True Step, goes beyond the ball carrier. FIFA has been building their games this same way and we all know how that has worked, Madden is on their way.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Watch the video about reach tackles that I posted in the video thread. They are building the game in phases, so each year they will add to each feature that is added. That video specifically talks about this year is phase one for reach tackles. This year is phase 2 of True Step, goes beyond the ball carrier. FIFA has been building their games this same way and we all know how that has worked, Madden is on their way.
I have read that true step has not been touched this year. So it has been confirmed that true step has been worked on? What has been changed?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I have read that true step has not been touched this year. So it has been confirmed that true step has been worked on? What has been changed?
I'm getting conflicting reports on true step.

One CGer noticed true step in LB's, Clint said that not all 22 players on the field have it, but more than the ball carrier.

HELP???????????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #52
Rookie

bodymore's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
True but if you noticed, they did fix the WR foot alignment.
That's good, Now they have to fix the d line alignment. Most (not all) d lineman put the arm nearest to the ball down on the ground. It might be a little detail but it does help. I wish they had a way to make the huddle real time as well. Seeing the same cutscenes is already getting old. It really sticks out when you have a small running back like Ray rice in the huddle and he is the same size as a lineman.

Last edited by bodymore; 06-17-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #53
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Whether True Step is in for more than ball carriers or not, I think EA's interpretation of realistic footwork is different than mine because I'm seeing even ball carriers swervin'.

I'm hoping some great features have been turned of in these alpha builds.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #54
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Whether True Step is in for more than ball carriers or not, I think EA's interpretation of realistic footwork is different than mine because I'm seeing even ball carriers swervin'.

I'm hoping some great features have been turned of in these alpha builds.
What you're wanting is something they haven't implemented yet but it's coming, new animation system and locomotion based on momentum. True Step only applies when you foot plant. The way players move overall is something they are still working on but again it's coming along with signature animations.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #55
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Icon14 Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm getting conflicting reports on true step.

One CGer noticed true step in LB's, Clint said that not all 22 players on the field have it, but more than the ball carrier.

HELP???????????????
Yes Clint told me that it applies to more than the ball carrier but not all 22 yet, they're working on that and he also mentioned that he's currently working on it being implemented for lineman next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #56
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
What you're wanting is something they haven't implemented yet but it's coming, new animation system and locomotion based on momentum. True Step only applies when you foot plant. The way players move overall is something they are still working on but again it's coming along with signature animations.
Help me understand what True Step is.

I'm talking about the lack of foot planting, in addition to the lack of leaning into turns, and realistic acceleration/deceleration.

True step is not supposed to address these? If not, then what? Whoever True Step applies to, what should I be looking for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »