Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #345
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgramps
Read the 2k forums and play online. My experience was not a sim experience at all. As far as 2k5 and Madden, 2k, IMO, was a different experience; not a better one. I enjoy the heck out of Madden, and I always will.
Yep, the hardcore community will reveal how sim or not sim a product is.

I thoroughly enjoyed NBA 2K11 and rate it the best Basketball title in history. I hesitated to buy 2K12 and caved but have yet to buy again since and do not plan to.

Meanwhile, more casuals are picking up the game and touting it as so realistic (lol) - different eyes make different observations.

I am now all over NHL15 and start reading the forums and YouTube feedback only to hear how hesitant and underwhelmed some are regarding this title's potential lol.

This seasoned crowd identifies things I do not see in a negative light or see at all lol - it is coinciddntly the same with Madden titles lol.

I believe EA NHL is like Madden in that it has no NHL competition for market share. I frankly thought the game "looked" real lol only to hear of the same complaints we hear here: suctioning, lack of penalties accurately represented, and poor AI - I did not identify this in the trailers.

I am already being sucked in, like a Madden casual who is drawn to a trailer and is amazed by how real the game "looks" lol .

In fairness, I am particularly drawn to the introduction of full 12 on 12 player physics including the puck having its own independent physics -- something I hope for Madden to introduce.

The point is: casuals are a dime a dozen and can be lured in by the simplist of bait tactics especially when the sports title has no direct competitor for market share.

We need the 20% of the Community that is Sim minded to speak on the Simulation or lack therof that is represented or missing in the game and hopefully our education will benefit the minds of the casuals in that they will make better consumer choices and moreover - adopt a Sim perspective they can relate and appreciate.

Sim Extremists are the hardest to please and realistically so albeit we should settle on a reasonable grounds for Simulation that still permits accessibilty to some tempered casual features.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #346
Banned

OVR: 0

A lot of people are complaining about the license, but you all forget that we hold the power in the end. Instead of coming here complaining and then STILL buying the game, how about not giving EA your money? I've been a Madden player since Sega Genesis and would buy the game every year. But in the last 5 yrs, I've only purchased Madden 2010. I've always played a wait and see approach. If there's a continual decrease in revenue, you don't think the NFL and EA will take notice? I understand that some guys only play sports titles and some only play Madden. But there's so many other choices of games from developers who actually put 100% in their product. Destiny comes out a few weeks after Madden. That game looks amazing after playing the Alpha and I already have friends who're skipping Madden because their gonna be playing Destiny so much game. All I'm saying is that if you're happy with Madden, then buy it. But if you're gonna complain and still give them your money, then you're no better than the yearly buyers who cheese online as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #347
Rookie

South318's Arena

OVR: 7

I really don't understand when people say they like the direction Madden is heading. People have been saying this for last five years or longer. I think the challenge was to make fun of 2k because they (EA) knows they hold all the cards.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #348
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

People really need to move on about this stuff. If you're not a fan of Madden don't play it anymore, vote with your wallet. Me, on the other hand? I'm going to continue to buy Madden because quite frankly in the past 3 years the games have improved a lot and quite frankly I like how it plays.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #349
Banned

OVR: 0

I don't know if you guys follow Pro Football Talk, but Mike Florio just gave his opinion on Madden.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hise-improved/
Old 06-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #350
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers
I don't know if you guys follow Pro Football Talk, but Mike Florio just gave his opinion on Madden.

Yeah, good looking out, saw it posted in the other football forum, too.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #351
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

People that think 2K is better than the current Madden prove just how truly powerful nostalgia really is...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #352
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk5049ers

I am in a meeting - can you share some bullet points?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »