Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #369
Rookie
 
burter's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

So if this game is made for casuals, like everyone keeps saying, why are the numbers not as high as back in the day or why the numbers are declining(or didn't explode like madden 25 which I know EA was hoping it would since it was their 25 years of madden)? Maybe those casuals are closet sim guys and are tired like us? . Or maybe those casual are older now and want to play sim games and not blow teams out by 100 points? To me this game should easily sell 10-15 million.

Idk. I'm just sick and tired of EA is "making a game for casual" when it's more like EA can't make a good football game(and hide behind the casual talk and really making it an arcade game cause they are good at making it play like that. Ice skating all over the freaking field) because they have no skill. Oh wait lets blame the upper mgmt for it not being sim. Wait lets blame not having the right guys behind us. Whatever. I'm calling it like I see it and they just don't have a clue how to make a football game. Just like 2k having all kinds of trouble making a baseball and nhl game. Sometimes you just aren't good at something. No excuses, you just aren't good at it. So of course you better renew that exclusively.

If everyone was good at everything we all would be driving a bentley. Well I'm driving a 2011 camaro so that is good enough, hahah

Disclaimer: I am drunk right now so everything I just said is me being pi**ed lol
__________________
NFL 2k5 When Sept. Ends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuvk8OQNTDc

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

Last edited by burter; 06-19-2014 at 09:36 PM.
burter is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #370
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: May 2008
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
So if this game is made for casuals, like everyone keeps saying, why are the numbers not as high as back in the day or why the numbers are declining(or didn't explode like madden 25 which I know EA was hoping it would since it was their 25 years of madden)? Maybe those casuals are closet sim guys and are tired like us? . Or maybe those casual are older now and want to play sim games and not blow teams out by 100 points? To me this game should easily sell 10-15 million.

Idk. I'm just sick and tired of EA is "making a game for casual" when it's more like EA can't make a good football game(and hide behind the casual talk and really making it an arcade game cause they are good at making it play like that. Ice skating all over the freaking field) because they have no skill. Oh wait lets blame the upper mgmt for it not being sim. Wait lets blame not having the right guys behind us. Whatever. I'm calling it like I see it and they just don't have a clue how to make a football game. Just like 2k having all kinds of trouble making a baseball and nhl game. Sometimes you just aren't good at something. No excuses, you just aren't good at it. So of course you better renew that exclusively.

If everyone was good at everything we all would be driving a bentley. Well I'm driving a 2011 camaro so that is good enough, hahah

Disclaimer: I am drunk right now so everything I just said is me being pi**ed lol
they are casual players, it isn't a long term game they play year round. They play it for a bit, see what is new then move on to the next game.

They probably just rent it or wait until they can borrow it or buy a 2nd hand copy
__________________

dkp23 is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #371
MVP
 
hanzsomehanz's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
No, I wouldn't,but what if anchors on ESPN say the same thing Florio did ? I'm just floored that he actually said it. I'm floored that he actually gave a darn about Madden to actually trash it and then bring up the other game.

Madden is part of NFL culture. It will take a lot more than one crappy console generation to change that. This could be the start of that change.

I got to watching the 3:30 soapbox spiel and I am content to takeaway that he is merely doing this as a publicity stunt for his own personal gain through media attention - to what end it will achieve: I have no idea but I imagine the very Madden Cover Vote tournament he, Mike Florio, lamented over does more for EA's positive publicity than his soapbox spiel does for their negative publicity.

What I will do however to spread the word is share his video link on the EA Twitter pages - what say you EA?
__________________
how could I lose? im playing by my own rules..
hanzsomehanz is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #372
MVP
 
DeuceDouglas's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Maybe Florio was really upset with the fact that EA declined to include him in it's virtual Twitter feed so he could get into arguments with virtual mascots in addition to real ones.

Now Mike Florio Is Getting Into Twitter Fights With NFL Mascots
DeuceDouglas is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #373
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,301
Blog Entries: 2
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
People that think 2K is better than the current Madden prove just how truly powerful nostalgia really is...

Yep and also how blind some people can be just to put themselves in the category of the "more mature". Some people know more about football than others. Just saying...
GiantBlue76 is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #374
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,505
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Maybe Florio was really upset with the fact that EA declined to include him in it's virtual Twitter feed so he could get into arguments with virtual mascots in addition to real ones.

Now Mike Florio Is Getting Into Twitter Fights With NFL Mascots
LOL, oh bother.

Reading the comments I know now more than enough about Florio.

Next.
roadman is offline  
Old 06-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #375
MVP
 
DeuceDouglas's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
LOL, oh bother.

Reading the comments I know now more than enough about Florio.

Next.
I just went through the comments myself and came away with some good laughs.

My favorite...

Quote:
[He's a hack] who relies on snark and sensationalism passing as journalism to the unwashed masses. Let's say Dez Bryant picks his nose, the headline would be "Dez Bryant Exhibits Classic Traits of Cocaine Addiction". The article would end with a snarky comment about how Tony Romo waits until the playoffs to blow.
Had seen him on SNF before but never realized he was viewed as such a joke.
DeuceDouglas is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #376
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,298
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

I've always enjoyed Florio and I wouldn't underestimate him.

He's a weekly staple on the Dan Patrick show which carries a wide variety of listeners and it isn't short on the younger (very relatively speaking) demographic since it airs 9-12 eastern.
kehlis is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Top -