Home

EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

This is a discussion on EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 1
Come on EA...take that risk
Old 06-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #50
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Booooooooo
Old 06-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
I completely agree with this. People have been holding out hope for a 2K games since APF 2K8, unfortunately it's not happening. It's time to let it go. Buy Madden or don't...those are the option for the foreseeable future for video football games.
I was not and am not holding out hope for a 2k game. I knew it wasn't happening. I just think Rex not being aware of the sensationalism of HHG and playing into it doesn't look good on his part. The community on the other hand knew of his sensationalism. Why would anyone, when you knew he was as sensational as they come, believe even an ounce of what he was saying? Why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #52
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I was not and am not holding out hope for a 2k game. I knew it wasn't happening. I just think Rex not being aware of the sensationalism of HHG and playing into it doesn't look good on his part. The community on the other hand knew of his sensationalism. Why would anyone, when you knew he was as sensational as they come, believe even an ounce of what he was saying? Why?
Exactly. I had zero hope for 2k coming back. You never want to say never, but we all knew what it was.

The thing is for me it's not about 2k coming back. I just want a quality football game. I couldn't care less who made the game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #53
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Right.....because NBA Live did SO well against NBA 2K. Which is why NBA Live is the best, most critically acclaimed basketball game now, and has been for the past decade. Imagine if EA had exclusive rights to the NBA.........Just ponder on that for a minute. It would sell like hot cakes, just like Madden, solely due to the brand name. Yet, there would be people talking about how great NBA Live is, and how people want a perfect game. But you know what, if EA holds the rights forever, the people to blame for them still selling units, is US. Because as a whole keep buying it, and supporting it. We get what we pay for. Until people stop buying it (which lets be honest, won't ever happen) we will always get mediocre NFL football.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Right.....because NBA Live did SO well against NBA 2K. Which is why NBA Live is the best, most critically acclaimed basketball game now, and has been for the past decade. Imagine if EA had exclusive rights to the NBA.........Just ponder on that for a minute. It would sell like hot cakes, just like Madden, solely due to the brand name. Yet, there would be people talking about how great NBA Live is, and how people want a perfect game. But you know what, if EA holds the rights forever, the people to blame for them still selling units, is US. Because as a whole keep buying it, and supporting it. We get what we pay for. Until people stop buying it (which lets be honest, won't ever happen) we will always get mediocre NFL football.
Not true. I haven't purchased Madden in years. Which brings up the question, why do so many knowingly continue to support something they love to complain about. Stop buying it and spend time with other things.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #55

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue

You're forgetting the crowd that is well beyond "us," the crowd that cares more about how the game plays.

Unfortunately there is a larger group and demographic of customers that do not at all care about the things we do. We could stop buying all we want and it would hardly put a dent in EA. The masses will still buy this game year in and year out.

Best to learn to enjoy what you can rather than yearn to have what you can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #56
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Explains EA's shyt talking the other day @ E3...SMH

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »