Home

Madden NFL 15 Includes Peyton Manning Omaha Cadence

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Includes Peyton Manning Omaha Cadence within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #33
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 15 Includes Peyton Manning Omaha Cadence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
So what I'm getting is that people pick and choose what they want in the game.

Something in the game which reflects true to life NFL they don't want = don't want it you suck EA

Something not in the game they want = EA Sports, if it's in the game it's NOT in the game

They put in a small detail to the game, I'm happy about it. Would I rather have some other stuff? Of course. But to be a "pick and choose" critic...jeez.

I agree. I look at it like this. If it's something added to the game that makes it feel like Sunday whether I want it or not, it's a great additions.

The only thing I don't care about and hate that they spend time on is MUT because I view it as a money maker and does nothing towards making each game look and sound like Sundays.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #34
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Every fiber of my body wants to get on these boards and blast MUT and all who play it, but I refrain lol

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #35
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Every fiber of my body wants to get on these boards and blast MUT and all who play it, but I refrain lol

Agreed. However I am not really bashing the mode. It's already been installed and as much as I don't agree with it and believe the implementation resources took away from gameplay fixes that were needed.

It was added a few years back, and it's there now, but no need to keep working on it and adding features to that when gameplay, presentation and franchise need work.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 9

Why is this news??? This is like the "wind socks" push they had a few years ago. Manning says Omaha....OK *sigh*
Old 06-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It becomes big news if you make it big news.

I just found about this now and E3 was all last week. I didn't see it reported during E3, but after E3.

I'm ok with it being in the game because the media made a big deal about it last year in the playoffs, but it doesn't phase me one way or the other.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #38
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Something in the game which reflects true to life NFL they don't want = don't want it you suck EA

Something not in the game they want = EA Sports, if it's in the game it's NOT in the game

They put in a small detail to the game, I'm happy about it. Would I rather have some other stuff? Of course. But to be a "pick and choose" critic...jeez.
Opportunity cost.

I know, I know, each group works on different things. But could the people that recorded this have been recording mo-cap? Could they have been recording commentary for pre/half/post game show?

I guess this goes towards EA's simulation pledge, but man, seems like there are much, much more important things to address.

I just said this in another thread, but it applies here. Their wide net, segmented approach just doesn't do it for me. The game is great at abolutely nothing. Go all in on something and wow us. Do something that makes us say, "this crushes that other game!" As is, these micro improvements allow us to make comparisions to games 6+ years old.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Agreed. However I am not really bashing the mode. It's already been installed and as much as I don't agree with it and believe the implementation resources took away from gameplay fixes that were needed.

It was added a few years back, and it's there now, but no need to keep working on it and adding features to that when gameplay, presentation and franchise need work.
It's a tough balance I enjoy MUT (it is the devil) and would like to see some changes made in certain parts of that game mode. But you are correct "free" modes and gameplay should be the priority but with the amount of money MUT makes i'm not surprised that other modes aren't getting as much attention as they deserve.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:

Exactly, we all know that many areas of gameplay need to be fixed but it is mind numbing how some ppl complain about everything added to the game that is not directly related to gameplay or franchise mode. This isn't exactly "ground breaking news" but it is something that will add realism to one of the biggest icons in the history of the sport.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »