Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #81
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce

As long as I'm on the topic, celebrations in general need to be much more situational.

I really hate when the DB breaks on a pass and drops a sure pick-6 and starts celebrating the breakup of the pass. He should have his head in his hands in frustration.

I agree 100%. They should be showing frustration not excitement. Now if the break up a pass, I am fine with excitement but when it should have been an INT, they shouldn't be celebrating.

They need to figure out how to add celebrations based on game importance (rivalry, regular season, playoff, Super Bowl)

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I agree 100%. They should be showing frustration not excitement. Now if the break up a pass, I am fine with excitement but when it should have been an INT, they shouldn't be celebrating.

They need to figure out how to add celebrations based on game importance (rivalry, regular season, playoff, Super Bowl)
player sense 3.0 "3x more calculations of what to celebrate."

All jokes aside I always feel like celebrations should be one of the easiest things to implement and constantly add on to over the years. players are always finding new celebrations where it dancers or unique things they do. These things should be added every cycle.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #83
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
player sense 3.0 "3x more calculations of what to celebrate."

All jokes aside I always feel like celebrations should be one of the easiest things to implement and constantly add on to over the years. players are always finding new celebrations where it dancers or unique things they do. These things should be added every cycle.
agreed, but they should be player specific. Who in the NFL has ever done the "air guitar solo smash"? That to me is arcade, and when a guy like Calvin Johnson does it it ruins the immersion.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #84
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
agreed, but they should be player specific. Who in the NFL has ever done the "air guitar solo smash"? That to me is arcade, and when a guy like Calvin Johnson does it it ruins the immersion.
I'm all for a player trait if they want to determine how out there a player will go when he celebrates say 1-3 (3 being "craziest"). In regard to what celebrations are in the game I dont care what they add as long as the animations look good doing it. Not some stiff Lebron rip off. (The one in game doesn't look bad just weird seeing it done by heath miller)
Old 06-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I'm all for a player trait if they want to determine how out there a player will go when he celebrates say 1-3 (3 being "craziest"). In regard to what celebrations are in the game I dont care what they add as long as the animations look good doing it. Not some stiff Lebron rip off. (The one in game doesn't look bad just weird seeing it done by heath miller)
All of this plays into contextual awareness. Not just for celebrations, but for everything. This is what gives players their personality and makes you believe they are alive. IN fairness, APF had this same issue with celebrations. It was ridiculously stupid to see Barry Sanders do the throat slash after a TD. Anyone who is an NFL fan knew that Barry never celebrated. He would hand the ball to the official.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #86
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
All of this plays into contextual awareness. Not just for celebrations, but for everything. This is what gives players their personality and makes you believe they are alive. IN fairness, APF had this same issue with celebrations. It was ridiculously stupid to see Barry Sanders do the throat slash after a TD. Anyone who is an NFL fan knew that Barry never celebrated. He would hand the ball to the official.

Exactly no game has every really "nailed' celebrations. I'm just prefer volume and then tweeks along the way of who does what.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 25
Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

I will just say this...

M15 wi be just like M25.., will still have the same issues we have had for a decade. We will also have new issues.

There will be no practice squad, there will be no formation subs( because online exploit possibilities) we will have no penalties( surprise)... There will not be realistic injuries... Fatigue and auto subs won't work. We won't be able to edit rookies... There will be goofy uniform glitches... There will be no sense of any type of 2RB system. Trade logic and team management will be brain dead...there won't be assistant coaches...

Though it looks different... The playbooks will still be the same On both sides of the ball...ST PLay and overall AI will still be WELL below what it should be.

There will be ZERO crowd emotion/reaction... There won't be any challenge from the CPU AI based on actual football IQ...there won't be any real DIFFERANCE in QB play regardless of what they say... This would hurt online casuals/tourney players.... So that's just BS marketing.

There won't be any type of player moral or chemistry... Schemes won't work correctly... And you can bank on some type of bug that hinders offline/online franchises in some way...

These are the only things that we can guarantee about madden regardless of what year it is.

Awesome ain't it... And everyone knows I'm 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SA1NT401; 06-18-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #88
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I will just say this...

M15 wi be just like M25.., will still have the same issues we have had for a decade. We will also have new issues.

There will be no practice squad, there will be no formation subs( because online exploit possibilities) we will have no penalties( surprise)... There will not be realistic injuries... Fatigue and auto subs won't work. We won't be able to edit rookies... There will be goofy uniform glitches... There will be no sense of any type of 2RB system. Trade logic and team management will be brain dead...there won't be assistant coaches...

Though it looks different... The playbooks will still be the same On both sides of the ball...ST PLay and overall AI will still be WELL below what it should be.

There will be ZERO crowd emotion/reaction... There won't be any challenge from the CPU AI based on actual football IQ...there won't be any real DIFFERANCE in QB play regardless of what they say... This would hurt online casuals/tourney players.... So that's just BS marketing.

There won't be any type of player moral or chemistry... Schemes won't work correctly... And you can bank on some type of bug that hinders offline/online franchises in some way...

These are the only things that we can guarantee about madden regardless of what year it is.

Awesome ain't it... And everyone knows I'm 100% correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »