Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #65
All Star
 
Aggies7's Arena
 
OVR: 39
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,556
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
I guess they forgot to add the real time celebrations to the kickers? They still just stand there bent over not moving after making a kick LOL

The need a package of about 10 kicker specific celebrations.

1) extra point - minimal celebration
2) mid game FG - minimal celebration
3) late game FG to tie or take lead - mild celebration
4) winning FG regular season - heavy celebration

For the rest increase them as the playoffs and Super Bowl come around.
__________________
Texas A&M Aggies
Denver Broncos

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Aggies7 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #66
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
And it's obvious who here will defend Madden at every beck and call.
If I'm right about something I'm not going to let misinformation get out.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #67
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You guys are making a lot of assumptions based on very little footage as far as how good this game could be. We're seeing video of the same two teams in alpha and still have no info about CFM yet. They will be cleaning up the halftime show and for CFM it will show the standings and Playoff chase as well as other new banners. During the game there will also be player spotlight montages and probably quite a few other little things we haven't been able to notice at full speed. Once we get to see the game broke down in replays through the pause menu and stuff like that, we will see the good and the bad in greater detail. People need to understand this is not the same old madden and FAR from a roster update. They haven't quite gotten there yet but once they redo the animations now that they are putting all the fundamentals of football in place, then they will just keep building off of each game. If you're waiting for the game to regress and them to add then remove things, it won't happen. It hasn't happened in any of the last 3 years and that is not a coincidence, that's by design.

I will guarantee everyone on these forums that Madden 16 and 17 will be better not worse than 15 as long as Cam and Rex develop it. The game has improved every year since Cam was hired and the difference between 06-12 and 13-15 is pretty great. The jump from 25 to 15 is probably the biggest in 10 years in terms of how much was worked on to be improved. It all comes down to how this stuff is executed in the end but if you can't see the difference between 06-12 and what's happening now, you never will.
The problem with this: is that someone already said this 5yrs ago and someone will be saying it 5yrs from now! What will happen is: they will keep building on a broken game just to scrap it in a few years and start over with a new engine. Then they will come out and say "are new game is amazing, the old game was broken all along," similar to QB accuracy LOL! Technology gets crazy better all the time so its inevitable that this engine will be scrap! Hopefully this gen dont last 7-8yrs? Max gen life should be cut to 4-5yrs!
MossMan84 is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #68
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
The problem with this: is that someone already said this 5yrs ago and someone will be saying it 5yrs from now! What will happen is: they will keep building on a broken game just to scrap it in a few years and start over with a new engine. Then they will come out and say "are new game is amazing, the old game was broken all along," similar to QB accuracy LOL! Technology gets crazy better all the time so its inevitable that this engine will be scrap! Hopefully this gen dont last 7-8yrs? Max gen life should be cut to 4-5yrs!
Maybe so but I highly doubt that will happen with this team, the improvement speaks for itself and Madden was one of the best sports games made before a lot of you can remember. Going back to 92, the good years FAR outweigh the bad so this isn't a EA issue, it's a dev team and lack of direction from 06-12 issue.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #69
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2012
I think its insane that people are still hyping this game and criticising those who arent before it is even out. After dissapointment year after year we have every right to be critical and pessimistic. How about the company you love release something worth changing the consensus for once?
The problem is that we only have previous maddens to compare to, either that or NFL 2K5 (which really is a thorn in madden if we CAN STILL compare it to a game 9 years and two consoles ago).
And no, we are not after a perfect game just one that meets realistic expectations of where we are at in time which is the year 2014 - if you've played football games for as long as i have (since 95 on pc) you get an understanding of where football games should be by now as the technology evolves. Madden however falls short of where it SHOULD be.
I think Madden deserves all the scrutiny in the world, when you monopolize the market and release an inadequate product each year (coincidentally straight after monopolization) then they deserve every piece of flak they get on this site in my opinion.

Speaking of M25, there are still ridiculous issues with that game that have remained in it since previous titles. Why is it, whenever i have the ability to challenge a play and i choose not to, moments before the next play starts my team challenges it automatically? I have lost games cause i have had no timeouts because the game automatically challenges for me and EVERY SINGLE TIME the call has been upheld. This happened in madden 13!!!!! How does this get past QA??
So is me expecting the game not to screw me out of my timeouts is wanting a "perfect" game?
I could write a list of these types of things, how about the wind being reversed for not the first time in a madden game? Or how for three games in a row the CPU called timeouts at 1:01 in the second and fourth quarter.
Do you think 2K would overlook such small yet mind numbing details like this? I think we all know the answer. NBA 2K isn't a perfect game either, but it is leaps and bounds ahead of where madden is in terms of a sport title. Im not even an avid fan of the NBA but i find myself playing NBA 2K cause i find it an amazing and entertaining game, even last night i heard some commentary i've never heard before but when i put on M25 i hear Chris Simms say " dont try and be a heeero, cause when you try and be a heeero..." atleast twice a game. There is no personality in the commentary but the nba commentary actually makes me laugh at times. NBA 2K makes me enjoy NBA games because of how well it is executed. Madden causes me frustration cause im obsessed with football and can only get my fix through it and yet i know we should have a far better product by now, which is why i still go back to All pro football 2K8 which to this day, i still think is the best football game out.

These games just seem incomplete, rushed and poorly executed. Why has it taken 10 years to focus on defense again? Defense is my favourite aspect of football and i've had to wait 10 years for them to give it attention? And all we get is new pass rush moves? (not even gonna acknowledge the tackle cone) cmon, that could of been implemented years ago without all the "defensive focus" hype. The fact that pass rush moves have been assigned to the analog this long was a joke anyway, the amount of times i've hit stick tackled cause i've broken a block without knowing it right away or pre-empted a block but flicked it too early is frustrating cause the stick is so unresponsive compared to buttons. Play All pro football 2k8 and you will find the best line play hands down, the moves being assinged to the triggers was great and we're talking about a game made in 07.
How about some new tackle animations? i see the same ones make it in the next game year after year.
before NBA 2K14 was released the devs reached out and asked the community what dunks they want to see in the game cause they were having their motion capture people working on it - how awesome is that?
Why can't we have an input in these tackles and break tackle animations? Why isn't there gang tackle animations still?
Don't care if i get banned from this site cause of these posts, im just sick of people telling me what i should expect when i've been playing football games for 20 years and i remember games like NFL quarterback club 2001 played great for its time straight out of the box, no need for elaborate sliders to make it decent. These games are still fresh in my memory and i miss having different titles to choose from.
SamoanSteelerFromAus is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #70
Rookie
 
darknmild's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Sep 2005
Blog Entries: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You guys are making a lot of assumptions based on very little footage as far as how good this game could be. We're seeing video of the same two teams in alpha and still have no info about CFM yet. They will be cleaning up the halftime show and for CFM it will show the standings and Playoff chase as well as other new banners. During the game there will also be player spotlight montages and probably quite a few other little things we haven't been able to notice at full speed. Once we get to see the game broke down in replays through the pause menu and stuff like that, we will see the good and the bad in greater detail. People need to understand this is not the same old madden and FAR from a roster update. They haven't quite gotten there yet but once they redo the animations now that they are putting all the fundamentals of football in place, then they will just keep building off of each game. If you're waiting for the game to regress and them to add then remove things, it won't happen. It hasn't happened in any of the last 3 years and that is not a coincidence, that's by design.

I will guarantee everyone on these forums that Madden 16 and 17 will be better not worse than 15 as long as Cam and Rex develop it. The game has improved every year since Cam was hired and the difference between 06-12 and 13-15 is pretty great. The jump from 25 to 15 is probably the biggest in 10 years in terms of how much was worked on to be improved. It all comes down to how this stuff is executed in the end but if you can't see the difference between 06-12 and what's happening now, you never will.
I admire your positive outlook. It is indeed a breath of fresh air in a forum of so much hate and negativity. I also agree that since this new team has taken over this game has gotten better every year.
darknmild is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #71
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
I think its insane that people are still hyping this game and criticising those who arent before it is even out. After dissapointment year after year we have every right to be critical and pessimistic. How about the company you love release something worth changing the consensus for once?
The problem is that we only have previous maddens to compare to, either that or NFL 2K5 (which really is a thorn in madden if we CAN STILL compare it to a game 9 years and two consoles ago).
And no, we are not after a perfect game just one that meets realistic expectations of where we are at in time which is the year 2014 - if you've played football games for as long as i have (since 95 on pc) you get an understanding of where football games should be by now as the technology evolves. Madden however falls short of where it SHOULD be.
I think Madden deserves all the scrutiny in the world, when you monopolize the market and release an inadequate product each year (coincidentally straight after monopolization) then they deserve every piece of flak they get on this site in my opinion.

Speaking of M25, there are still ridiculous issues with that game that have remained in it since previous titles. Why is it, whenever i have the ability to challenge a play and i choose not to, moments before the next play starts my team challenges it automatically? I have lost games cause i have had no timeouts because the game automatically challenges for me and EVERY SINGLE TIME the call has been upheld. This happened in madden 13!!!!! How does this get past QA??
So is me expecting the game not to screw me out of my timeouts is wanting a "perfect" game?
I could write a list of these types of things, how about the wind being reversed for not the first time in a madden game? Or how for three games in a row the CPU called timeouts at 1:01 in the second and fourth quarter.
Do you think 2K would overlook such small yet mind numbing details like this? I think we all know the answer. NBA 2K isn't a perfect game either, but it is leaps and bounds ahead of where madden is in terms of a sport title. Im not even an avid fan of the NBA but i find myself playing NBA 2K cause i find it an amazing and entertaining game, even last night i heard some commentary i've never heard before but when i put on M25 i hear Chris Simms say " dont try and be a heeero, cause when you try and be a heeero..." atleast twice a game. There is no personality in the commentary but the nba commentary actually makes me laugh at times. NBA 2K makes me enjoy NBA games because of how well it is executed. Madden causes me frustration cause im obsessed with football and can only get my fix through it and yet i know we should have a far better product by now, which is why i still go back to All pro football 2K8 which to this day, i still think is the best football game out.

These games just seem incomplete, rushed and poorly executed. Why has it taken 10 years to focus on defense again? Defense is my favourite aspect of football and i've had to wait 10 years for them to give it attention? And all we get is new pass rush moves? (not even gonna acknowledge the tackle cone) cmon, that could of been implemented years ago without all the "defensive focus" hype. The fact that pass rush moves have been assigned to the analog this long was a joke anyway, the amount of times i've hit stick tackled cause i've broken a block without knowing it right away or pre-empted a block but flicked it too early is frustrating cause the stick is so unresponsive compared to buttons. Play All pro football 2k8 and you will find the best line play hands down, the moves being assinged to the triggers was great and we're talking about a game made in 07.
How about some new tackle animations? i see the same ones make it in the next game year after year.
before NBA 2K14 was released the devs reached out and asked the community what dunks they want to see in the game cause they were having their motion capture people working on it - how awesome is that?
Why can't we have an input in these tackles and break tackle animations? Why isn't there gang tackle animations still?
Don't care if i get banned from this site cause of these posts, im just sick of people telling me what i should expect when i've been playing football games for 20 years and i remember games like NFL quarterback club 2001 played great for its time straight out of the box, no need for elaborate sliders to make it decent. These games are still fresh in my memory and i miss having different titles to choose from.
I played all those games too, I've played every football game since ten yard fight, madden is my favorite sorry to offend you
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is online now  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #72
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 26,290
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Gameplay Footage & More on the Play Call System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Maybe so but I highly doubt that will happen with this team, the improvement speaks for itself and Madden was one of the best sports games made before a lot of you can remember. Going back to 92, the good years FAR outweigh the bad so this isn't a EA issue, it's a dev team and lack of direction from 06-12 issue.
I know you know this but since you seemed to ignore it and claim it as "not an EA issue" it needs to pointed out that Peter Moore didn't take over until 2007 (see any correlation?).

And before you go back to "before you guys can remember" know that I have been playing madden since the PC days and yes I agree it was a great game then.

That in no way shape or form has any relevance to whatever point you are trying to make with this post.
kehlis is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Top -