Home

San Jose Mercury News: The Secret Behind Madden 15's Upgraded Graphics

This is a discussion on San Jose Mercury News: The Secret Behind Madden 15's Upgraded Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #9
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: San Jose Mercury News: The Secret Behind Madden 15's Upgraded Graphics

You have to see the pro's and con's of adding a tackling cone.

Pro's:
  • Helps new players learn how to tackle
  • Can Be turned off
  • Other games have built in tutorials (Usually first level of a game, they add on screen cues)
Con's:
  • How much development time was lost adding something that doesn't benefit the current Madden Gamer, can be turned off (and probably will for most people)
  • Why couldn't they just leave this in the Gauntlet or Training area
  • With a bunch else wrong with the game, couldn't they fix some of those areas first
  • Its a back of box feature, that will probably be gone in two years
As to JP...Adding a tackling cone doesn't count as teaching someone how to play football. It teaches them when to make a tackle in a video game.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #10
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
[*]Its a back of box feature, that will probably be gone in two years

This is my fear with every issue. Honestly I don't like the concept except for the ability to turn it off.

My task is this: It's already added and time was spent to implement, don't take it out, just leave it in the game for years to come as some may like it. I can't tell you how many features were added that I enjoyed and they took out within two years. It's simple once it's in the game unless there is a huge issue with it don't remove it.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
This is my fear with every issue. Honestly I don't like the concept except for the ability to turn it off.

My task is this: It's already added and time was spent to implement, don't take it out, just leave it in the game for years to come as some may like it. I can't tell you how many features were added that I enjoyed and they took out within two years. It's simple once it's in the game unless there is a huge issue with it don't remove it.
I understand your point but again this dev team has committed to not doing that. Look at it this way, from Madden 13-15 what was removed that was a back of the box feature?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #12
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I understand your point but again this dev team has committed to not doing that. Look at it this way, from Madden 13-15 what was removed that was a back of the box feature?

I assume you mean 13, 25 and 15. The point that was made was features last two years. So until we see 15 we won't know if everything that we saw promoted in 13 carried over the full two years to 15.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Icon5 Re: San Jose Mercury News: The Secret Behind Madden 15's Upgraded Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I assume you mean 13, 25 and 15. The point that was made was features last two years. So until we see 15 we won't know if everything that we saw promoted in 13 carried over the full two years to 15.
The only thing I know of that was removed in 15 is the coin toss, not a back of the box feature though. To my knowledge everything from 13-15 is still there and has been improved upon each year.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #14
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

What do you mean "to my knowledge"?

To my knowledge I can say the same thing because people in the know haven't come out and say otherwise. Do you have any type of internal contact or information that makes your knowledge more than a person like me, who is an average Joe who just has internet access?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #15
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Only new information I received from this article is teams who have pending stadium renovations will have them on day one. Especially good for my long-suffering Bills because it took EA Tiburon around 4-5 years to add the scoreboard and LCD ribbon Ralph Wilson Stadium installed in 2007. It's great to see the less successful teams get attention.
That's awesome, was wondering this myself. Wondering what jumbotron stuff they'll add for the bills. Maybe well see the charging Buffalo's before kickoff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #16
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
What do you mean "to my knowledge"?

To my knowledge I can say the same thing because people in the know haven't come out and say otherwise. Do you have any type of internal contact or information that makes your knowledge more than a person like me, who is an average Joe who just has internet access?
Meaning as far as I can remember, I never said anything contrary to make it sound like I'm more informed than anyone else, not sure where that came from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »