Home

E3 Gameplay Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

This is a discussion on E3 Gameplay Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2014, 08:04 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: E3 Gameplay Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

dont forget example c those believe they are capable of making a far better game in lots of areas but they dont want to as it erodes their margin

prior versions had a lot of things better or included than M25 (not necessarily in the same version). given a lot of hc06/09 was good, ncaa series had some good bits, what the community did with mods for 08 on PC, what the customer wanted and liked should be obvious
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #26
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

What does the failures of EA's past have to do with a video breaking down Madden 15 at E3? Can't we ever get past this topic?

At least now we have a team trying to make a sim football product and striving for excellence with a clear sense of purpose and direction. The game isn't where we want it, but can't we at least try to support this team for trying to deliver what we have wanted for almost 10 years?

It would be nice if not EVERY thread turned into this.

Am I the only one ready to move on??? If the game isn't there yet for you, don't buy it until it is, but when we finally have a team making headway towards simulation why are we still talking about this like its 2006-12?

I don't expect everyone to agree with me about this game or where it's going but why does every thread have to turn into this same discussion?

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #27
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What does the failures of EA's past have to do with a video breaking down Madden 15 at E3? Can't we ever get past this topic?

At least now we have a team trying to make a sim football product and striving for excellence with a clear sense of purpose and direction. The game isn't where we want it, but can't we at least try to support this team for trying to deliver what we have wanted for almost 10 years?

It would be nice if not EVERY thread turned into this.

Am I the only one ready to move on??? If the game isn't there yet for you, don't buy it until it is, but when we finally have a team making headway towards simulation why are we still talking about this like its 2006-12?

I don't expect everyone to agree with me about this game or where it's going but why does every thread have to turn into this same discussion?
People will always be pessimistic until EA delivers on their promises. People praised other developers for saying madden was heading in the sim direction, but those were premature praises. I remember watching a video made by Ian of wes Welker cutting instead of turning on a dime. It looked great, but it never made it into the game.

I don't think it's people are doubting this group of developers as much as they doubt EA and their behind the scenes programmers.

Does every thread need to come back to EA'S past failures, probably not. But EA has made a lot of people wary of their promises. Until people actually play the final game and things are better people will remain skeptical.

By the way. I'm still playing 25. If that matters.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 06-21-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #28
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
People will always be pessimistic until EA delivers on their promises. People praised other developers for saying madden was heading in the sim direction, but those were premature praises. I remember watching a video made by Ian of wes Welker cutting instead of turning on a dime. It looked great, but it never made it into the game.

I don't think it's people are doubting this group of developers as much as they doubt EA and their behind the scenes programmers.

Does every thread need to come back to EA'S past failures, probably not. But EA has made a lot of people wary of their promises. Until people actually play the final game and things are better people will remain skeptical.

By the way. I'm still playing 25. If that matters.
Yeah it does matter because it shows you're open minded. I'm talking about people who haven't played more than 20 hours of a Madden title since M11 and say the game is still the same and hasn't and never will improve. The difference between then and now is night and day. The rate of improvement may not be good enough for some but since 13, it's improved at a faster pace. 25 to 15 looks to be a bigger jump than 13 to 25.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-21-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #29
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Yeah it does matter because it shows you're open minded. I'm talking about people who haven't played more than 20 hours of a Madden title since M11 and say the game is still the same and hasn't and never will improve. The difference between then and now is night and day. The rate of improvement may not be good enough for some but since 13, it's improved at a faster pace. 25 to 15 looks to be a bigger jump than 13 to 25.
I also believe madden has under performed and under delivered since the original xbox days. Has it gotten better, sure but it truly lacks that hooking feeling. That feeling that you can't get enough of it. It's similar because in the end it's still madden. Each year I play the demo and it seems this year I'm going to be hooked, but after a season it's tough to keep going. For the past years I'll play a season, take a break, and play it right after the draft.

The biggest reason why I played 25 so much is basically the resume feature on the xbox one.

Back on topic now. The video was good, but I still need to see more on all-pro. I like where presentation is heading but its miles away and it's moving at a snails place.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #30

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
At least now we have a team trying to make a sim football product and striving for excellence with a clear sense of purpose and direction.
You've worn out this phrase by saying it EVERY single year.

Frankly I loved Ian, sense of purpose and direction means nothing. There has to be the backing.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:59 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

It's a shame that one guy gets all the blame when it was a total team effort. He wasn't even the main man in charge to begin with. He was just made "the face" for some reason. His position was high-ranking, but he had people above him, and a number of things he wanted to do got nerfed.

With so many people lending work to this development, there is a lot of blame to go around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #32
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
It's a shame that one guy gets all the blame when it was a total team effort. He wasn't even the main man in charge to begin with. He was just made "the face" for some reason. His position was high-ranking, but he had people above him, and a number of things he wanted to do got nerfed.

With so many people lending work to this development, there is a lot of blame to go around.
I agree. I liked Ian. He seemed to really enjoy Madden and was passionate about his job. He seemed to have the right mind but I think EA held him back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »