Home

E3 Gameplay Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

This is a discussion on E3 Gameplay Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #49
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: E3 Gameplay Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

From my Twitter convo with Clint Oldenburg re the Vernon Davis chuck animation.

Check out @ClintOldenburg's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...98950637322240

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #50
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
From my Twitter convo with Clint Oldenburg re the Vernon Davis chuck animation.

Check out @ClintOldenburg's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/s...98950637322240

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
So that's what this was about, taken from the madden website

Improvements have also been made to zone defenders responsible for the flats. Some things to look out for include smarter principles (no more out route abuse!), improved head tracking on all players, increases in press and chuck interactions between DBs and wide receivers, as well as better pursuit and tackling ability.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-27-2014, 02:50 AM   #51
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Here's the thing JP, there is nothing any of us can do about the game, it is what it is and Tiburon is going to do whatever it is they see fit. To their credit they will say the right things and likely do the best they can, with what they have to work with. However at the end of the day Madden is going to still be Madden, which business wise isn't a terrible thing because there are people that enjoy that brand and others that are willing to settle for it over nothing.

So when Madden 16 still isn't that "complete game" you hope is coming, then what? I'll tell you what, you're in the same boat as everybody else, like you are now and have to decide how to deal with it. You can choose to believe in the next 3 year plan, be bitter trolling Madden devs on Twitter, give up or any other number of things, none of which is going to change what Tiburon chooses to do with Madden.

I'm not knocking you man, I am you, in the sense that we are all stuck with only one NFL game, that for whatever reasons can't provide a complete sports simulation, like The Show.
I agree. For the last 1-2 years JP has been saying M15 was "the one", now it's not looking like a huge leap and now it's sounding more like M16 is the Holy Grail. If M16 isn't a big crowd pleaser, then what? I've heard devs say they do 3-4 year plans, so then do we wait for M17?

The unknown of the next Madden is always going to look better then what we have at the time, but some decade we need a very solid polished Madden to sit on. But until we get that very solid Madden and have a dev team that has several good forward moving years behind them, I won't be having high hopes for EA's 3 year plans and will keep my "wait and see" approach going each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 04:34 AM   #52
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Balm
I agree. For the last 1-2 years JP has been saying M15 was "the one", now it's not looking like a huge leap and now it's sounding more like M16 is the Holy Grail. If M16 isn't a big crowd pleaser, then what? I've heard devs say they do 3-4 year plans, so then do we wait for M17?

The unknown of the next Madden is always going to look better then what we have at the time, but some decade we need a very solid polished Madden to sit on. But until we get that very solid Madden and have a dev team that has several good forward moving years behind them, I won't be having high hopes for EA's 3 year plans and will keep my "wait and see" approach going each year.
I think Madden 15 will be a very solid polished game and a big crowd pleaser, what I'm talking about when I say "the one", is the Madden that defines football gaming from now on, that's what I expect 16 to be.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #53
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think Madden 15 will be a very solid polished game and a big crowd pleaser, what I'm talking about when I say "the one", is the Madden that defines football gaming from now on, that's what I expect 16 to be.
I swear you said that about M15 12 months ago. Again, your enthusiasm is great, but the "next year is the one" thing seems to be on a yearly cycle.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 28

My question is, why is it with this game we are always immediately looking to the NEXT game? That is telling to me. Why should we even care about next year's game? This year's game should be a complete and quality product in its own right. I think everyone is sick and tired of the "wait til next year" crap, only to find themselves doing the same thing when that year comes around. It is what it is...
Old 06-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #55
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
My question is, why is it with this game we are always immediately looking to the NEXT game? That is telling to me. Why should we even care about next year's game? This year's game should be a complete and quality product in its own right. I think everyone is sick and tired of the "wait til next year" crap, only to find themselves doing the same thing when that year comes around. It is what it is...
Sick of wait till next year?! You crazy. Wait till next year is the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning as a Knicks and Mets fan.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #56
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Sick of wait till next year?! You crazy. Wait till next year is the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning as a Knicks and Mets fan.

you mean cubs fan..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »