Home

Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

This is a discussion on Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
What?? Its really a great teaching tool. I don't understand why this guy isn't a head coach yet.

As a Packers fan, I hope Bridgewater just skips the field and focuses on Madden completely to get ready fro next season.
LOL! That's hilarious, but I bet the guy was dead serious.

EA Football is now turning out nuts into our society.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #26
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Bridgewater makes me lol.

The real playbooks look nothing like the ones in Madden, in fact if you used Madden for plays then you would be calling plays simpler then the ones they use in high school.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #27
Rookie

I don't like the Vikings, so I hope there's some truth to this...LOL

On a side note, did anyone else notice the kickoff animation in the Madden '08 video clip looks suspiciously close to the "new" animations touted for M15 out of E3? I don't so much mind EA re-using old assets as much as I wonder why they have not been doing so all along and kept all the things added over the years instead of retiring them one generation only to bring them back as "new" in the next...very hard to NOT be cynical about them...
Old 06-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #28
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I wish I knew what Madden the article was talking about. Apparently in this mysterious Madden you can create plays and look off the DBs. Best of all the AI is realistic it seems!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #29
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
LOL football games only have an ounce of what real playbooks look like.
That is very true, and really doesn't help any player learn a team's playbook. I'm pretty sure for the most part every team in Madden has the same plays.

If he is using Madden to learn the Vikings playbook, they probably should stick to Cassel for a year or two so he can learn the real playbook lol.

Last edited by goravens2052; 06-20-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #30
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This is like when they said NASCAR drivers were using video games (in the PSX days, mind you) to get familiar with the race track.

With the exception of Sears Point, there would have been zero reason to do this, ever. Nowadays, I'm not sure. Since there are wheels about and the tracks are damn near pinpoint accurate with proper car physics, I'm sure it can get you psyched up a bit, in a virtual way. Otherwise, there is just no comparison.

All of these sayings are promotional. All of them. However, I would not be hit hard at all by saying that I know more about baseball and baseball players with how many baseball video games I play. Same with trading cards (or MLB Showdown, for that matter).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #31
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
That is very true, and really doesn't help any player learn a team's playbook. I'm pretty sure for the most part every team in Madden has the same plays.

If he is using Madden to learn the Vikings playbook, they probably should stick to Cassel for a year or two so he can learn the real playbook lol.
You are correct, EA doesn't custom make each playbook, they just remove formations that aren't used by each team. So all the playbooks are the same plays but different formations and sets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #32
Rookie

I don't know why this doesn't make sense to you. Norv Turner's playbook has been pretty much in madden for a long long time. He can also test specific plays versus different coverages. I don't really understand what the big deal is. You guys are acting like mental reps mean nothing as well. The only difference between a mental rep and madden is added randomness. He can still practice read progressions and he can still test his terminology by translating madden play names into his language; both very important parts to playing QB. That isn't to say he wouldn't be better off at a QB camp doing it irl but if he is recovery period I don't see what the problem with this is. Madden defenses aren't as complex but at the same time they possess superhuman capabilities which could be advantageous

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »