Home

Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

This is a discussion on Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #57
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Teddy Bridgewater using Madden 25 to learn playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
Boy is he in for a surprise when he tries these passes in the NFL,lol. I can hear it now.....but they worked it Madden 15, I was always able to throw deep on long streak and post routes!
He will be complaining about super DBs
Old 06-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #58
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

This is still going.

Bridgewater didnt say he was using madden as the sole provider of knowledge and that is the main thing he will use to prepare. If i read the article right, he is stating that He is using everything and all his time to learn his job. And to get mental reps.

Madden isnt teaching him the Viking playbook. But Madden can help with mental reps. He can come out and verbally call the Madden play in Viking terminology and run through responsibilities and even keys.

Just like Gruden's QB camp on the blackboard or in the dirt with Xs and Os, you can take something mental from the game if you apply some thought.
Play a game and call all madden plays in vikings terms. Go through the Vikings schemes and route trees vs different formations in a pause screen or just run the play and call it out.

He cant get option routes and the motion but most of the routes are in Maddden and many route trees are what a real team uses as a basic setup for some plays.

Motion isnt all there either but the Saints call a lot of Flop formations where the play is trips right, If they call a Flop one wr lines up on the other side to give a spread formation look but will flop in motion to the trips alignment of the play. They can run it straight trips or flop it and motion into the trips. He could actual mental go over those calls too to some degree in madden and im sure the Vikes do something similar.

Things are not always rigid, and with thought, even madden can help with mental reps. Execution of plays is a whole different argument and not what he was talking about.

Now imagine if a vet qb is right there while he plays madden and ask what is the call in viking terms and what do you see when he calls a play and goes to the line.

Could doing this to any degree help Brigdewater learn Viking terms and the playbook? He says it can in some small way.

If im a coach if the choice is watching Martin reruns or playing madden practicing play calls. I wouldnt mind if he practice play calls and assignments with his tv time at all. Hell i would go over his house and call plays and have him make the play call then shift or show blitz and have him call or verbalize what a vikings qb is looking at and calling it in Vike terms.
EA or Madden didnt claim this. A radio station on an interview of Bridgewater quoted him as saying he is using everything too get mental reps, even madden.

SOS (5 release veteran) --Oakland Raiders

10yard Fight (rookie release)-- Detriot Lions
Old 06-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #59
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
Boy is he in for a surprise when he tries these passes in the NFL,lol. I can hear it now.....but they worked it Madden 15, I was always able to throw deep on long streak and post routes!
"Coach! We gotta run screen here! Screen is money, trust me!"

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
"Coach! We gotta run screen here! Screen is money, trust me!"
What is wrong with our defense, why aren't they Nano Blitzing?!?
Old 06-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #61

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
For crying out loud yes I read his post entirely. Notice that I did not address that portion in my post. My post was concerned with the latter paragraph. You know the bit where it says "But I don't think it increases knowledge at a strategic level IMO."

If you are distraught over this thread veering off topic too damn bad. It is a discussion covering the complexities of football and how it is translated into Madden. That is a good discussion to have IMO.

Lol. Relax a bit.

Could care less about the thread topic.

Your response to me was that you were responding to a post that said Madden could teach positions to users (your words, not mine).

I simply showed a portion of that thread that had nothing to do with that. Not that big of a deal man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #62
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Coach: Well it is 3rd and 8, what should we call?
Teddy: Curl Flats coach. Trust me.
Coach Son we have called that every 3rd down and we have 22 total yards.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #63
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Coach: Well it is 3rd and 8, what should we call?
Teddy: Curl Flats coach. Trust me.
Coach Son we have called that every 3rd down and we have 22 total yards.

Coach: Son its, deuce RT, scat LT, Double hook, I thought i told you to practice this Sh!t In Madden at home.

Teddy: My bad, some guys laughed at my trying to learn the terminology my way.

Coach: Its ok son, we called it ever 3rd down and only gained 22 yards on that play

SOS (5 release veteran) --Oakland Raiders

10yard Fight (rookie release)-- Detriot Lions
Old 06-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 24

I tried learning how to be a quarterback by playing Madden.

Imagine my surprise when I found out I couldn't run 20 yards backwards, throw across my body off my back foot, and complete a pass 45 yards downfield.

Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »