Home

Referee, QB Drop Backs and Running animations need to be redone!

This is a discussion on Referee, QB Drop Backs and Running animations need to be redone! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Referee, QB Drop Backs and Running animations need to be redone!

Has anyone noticed how bad the Referee Animations are in Madden games including Madden 15? They seem to run up and down the field almost sideways. And also they always seem to point there arm out of bounds for first down calls instead of straight or towards the end zone. I was really hoping EA would have finally redone all the Referee Animations for Madden 15 but from the videos from E3 that does not look to be the case once again.

And as almost everyone here would agree those QB drop back animations also need to be completely redone. I want signature QB drop back animations for all starting QB's at the very least!

And last although the running animations look a little better in Madden 15 I still think there is a lot of room for improvements in that area as well.

I really hope one of the main focuses for Madden 16 will be to completely redo most if not all of the running animations, QB drop back animations and Referee Animations!

Madden 15 looks WAY better then Madden 25 in my opinion and if and when EA finally improves all the in game animations Madden will truly look like real life!!

Almost forgot why are there still no sexy cheerleaders on the sidelines? And also why does none of the players on the sidelines have there names on the back of there Jerseys?

Last edited by tnixen; 06-20-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Referee, QB Drop Backs and Running animations need to be redone!

I agree with running animations. QB dropbacks look fine to me.

There are a LOT of things to fix before worrying about referee animations though, imo.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Has anyone noticed how bad the Referee Animations are in Madden games including Madden 15? They seem to run up and down the field almost sideways. And also they always seem to point there arm out of bounds for first down calls instead of straight or towards the end zone. I was really hoping EA would have finally redone all the Referee Animations for Madden 15 but from the videos from E3 that does not look to be the case once again.

And as almost everyone here would agree those QB drop back animations also need to be completely redone. I want signature QB drop back animations for all starting QB's at the very least!

And last although the running animations look a little better in Madden 15 I still think there is a lot of room for improvements in that area as well.

I really hope one of the main focuses for Madden 16 will be to completely redo most if not all of the running animations, QB drop back animations and Referee Animations!

Madden 15 looks WAY better then Madden 25 in my opinion and if and when EA finally improves all the in game animations Madden will truly look like real life!!

Almost forgot why are there still no sexy cheerleaders on the sidelines? And also why does none of the players on the sidelines have there names on the back of there Jerseys?
Everything you said is dead on! I think Madden 15 will be a solid game but going forward it's time for EA to get the little details right the affect the immersion of the game. We need Signature Ball Carrying Styles, Signature Catching Animations, QB drop backs, etc.. The sidelines definitely need to be upgraded. We need ACTUAL PLAYERS (even though they do in 15 but they're not detailed) on the sidelines with their NAMES ON THEIR JERSEYS, proper equipment & socks. We need Cheerleaders, woman & children in the crowd, people wearing jackets in weather games, etc..Overall Living Worlds needs a huge upgrade. They have the power with Next Gen hardware so I expect these things going forward.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #4
Rookie

After it took multiple YEARS to even get the referees in the game again, I'm not holding my breath on hold long it will be to actually get them right....

I'd settle for more accurate calls from the referees. I recall a few years back we were told one of the reasons there were fewer penalties called was the animations did not allow for the players to see the penalties actually occur (which was BS then as is it is now)...but we still can't get illegal hands to the face, chop blocks, accurate holding based on ratings, or a multitude of other aspects of the game.

It'd be nice to see better animations, it would just be nicer to actually have better calls first!
Old 06-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #5
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

We know...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
We know...
I know you guys know but does the Madden developers know what needs to be done to improve Madden? Sometimes I think they don't since we have been dealing with these bad animations for so long. Lets just all hope and prey that fixing all the animations is in the pipe line at EA for next years release.

And yes I know Madden had a lot of other issues also that need improving but the awful animations is a big issue for a lot of us around here.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I know you guys know but does the Madden developers know what needs to be done to improve Madden? Sometimes I think they don't since we have been dealing with these bad animations for so long. Lets just all hope and prey that fixing all the animations is in the pipe line at EA for next years release.

And yes I know Madden had a lot of other issues also that need improving but the awful animations is a big issue for a lot of us around here.
The lack of animations is in every other thread here, and yes, Rex Dickson, Creative Director, said in an E3 interview they know animations is where they need to look to next.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Signature throwing motions and running styles. Like seriously how hard is that? They had sig throwing motions in like Madden 11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »