Home

Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #17
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Not sure how it will play out. I read something about how it would update on fantasy football numbers or something so that could end up being all that refers to. Currently in CFM, all the CPU games are simulated after you've completed your own game so my guess is that would have to change. I worry that if they show stats at halftime it will be just showing stats as if the games have all been completed and ruin the effect on the early games.

Still extremely nervous about CFM news and where it will fall. Hoping for some presentation treats like maybe bringing ESPN presentation over from NCAA for Monday Night games.
If they do it how the halftime show worked in NCAA, all games that day are simulated when you play your game. The game engine then updates your game with stats/scores from other games as they play out in relation to your game and what time it started.

So if you have a 4:15/4:25 ET start time, all of the 1 pm ET games will be done, and the other 4 pm ET games will update at a similar rate that your game progresses. For a 1 pm game, you will see the other 1 pm games update as you go along, but you won't see any scores from late/night/MNF games.

I'm assuming that's how it'll work, as that's how NCAA worked. It could be different

Watch me play video games
Old 06-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #18
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
half time show is going to be a joke, you all know that

its going to be "heres the stats from the first half".............................."heres a big play from the WR"........................"now back to the game"
No just no, the halftime show is dynamic, if you run a 62 yard TD and then a 61 the next game, it will know the difference. The halftime show is not scripted.

This is a better description of it from goodgamebro hands on impressions

Another new addition to the presentation is the half-time show. Half-time shows of some fashion have been in Madden for a while now, but they were usually bland because they only showcased a couple of plays without any voice overs lending insight into each play. This changes in Madden NFL 15. They not only include a couple of big plays, but plays that set up those big plays as well. For example, you will see a replay of a third down defensive stand if that led to a touchdown during the offensive possession. While the highlights are being shown, Larry Ridley will discuss each play and send the broadcast back to Jim Nantz and Phil Simms to start the second half.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-20-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:26 AM   #19
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

NCAA 13 & 14 had score crawler & live break-ins of other games (no highlights) & stats from the game. Why didn't they add that?
Until they add something like this, it will still feel like your playing a "Play Now" game within the Franchise mode. Playing on Sunday, there should be lots going on with Presentation and the other games.
Playing on Monday, then maybe during the Pre-Game you get a quick recap what went on Sunday. Where the two teams playing on Monday stand within their division..etc etc.

Late in season with playoffs on the line, New Commentary on who is in or out.

Injuries need to be discussed during Pre-Game (Who's Out) & during Halftime.

The depth here could've been impressive.

Last edited by Step2001; 06-21-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:01 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
NCAA 13 & 14 had score crawler & live break-ins of other games (no highlights) & stats from the game. Why didn't they add that?
Until they add something like this, it will still feel like your playing a "Play Now" game within the Franchise mode. Playing on Sunday, there should be lots going on with Presentation and the other games.
Playing on Monday, then maybe during the Pre-Game you get a quick recap what went on Sunday. Where the two teams playing on Monday stand within their division..etc etc.

Agree with you on the NCAA part. The game break-in scores even without highlights just adds so much to the experience .... Kind of sad that madden can't figure out how something so simple makes your franchise that much better
Old 06-21-2014, 07:51 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
The software (PA Commentator) was by a company called Phonetic Arts. Google bought the software (and the entire company) in 2010. No one has heard from them since.
This is a total guess, but I think that company might have had a hand in assisting in Google's text to speech voice in Google Now. The female voice they are using sounds incredibly lifelike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #22
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001

They have some of the division standings and playoff chase stuff but we'll have to wait to see how it comes together when CFM info is released, I'm guessing next week based on what I'm hearing.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #23
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Agree with you on the NCAA part. The game break-in scores even without highlights just adds so much to the experience .... Kind of sad that madden can't figure out how something so simple makes your franchise that much better
Exactly. Especially in your franchise. I know they would get repetitive but it makes you feel like you know what's going on in your league. Even 2k got repetitive but I didn't skip one sports center (and I played that game for years). I even watched the extra point each halftime and during each week.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
This is a total guess, but I think that company might have had a hand in assisting in Google's text to speech voice in Google Now. The female voice they are using sounds incredibly lifelike.
And that's probably a good guess. It's just that Phonetic Arts is a name that dropped out of the public conversation after being purchased, not that this is odd, it's just what happened is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »