Home

Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
Couldn't agree more. They can't get something right that was in a game made 10 years ago. Gimme generic highlights and end of week show. They can't do it. This game will be stale and have no immersion.
Like I said in a earlier post, the halftime show is dynamic, they will talk about specific plays and how they happened. If you got a big goal line stand or 3rd down stop and then scored a TD on the next drive, it will show the big stop and the TD. Having low expectations is one thing but the information is out there, it's not generic and it's not repetitive.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-23-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:21 AM   #34
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I just said in a earlier post that the halftime show is dynamic, they will talk about specific plays and how they happened. If you got a big goal line stand or 3rd down stop and then scored a TD on the next drive, it will show the big stop and the TD. Having low expectations is one thing but the information is out there, it's not generic and it's not repetitive.
My guess is he is talking about generic highlights from games around the league (similar to 2k5). Though the one video I saw didn't include any of this.

EA can have great highlights from your game with great commentary but it will have the immersion factor I'm looking for until they include at least scores (would be even better if they included stats and a highlight) from other games around the league.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
My guess is he is talking about generic highlights from games around the league (similar to 2k5). Though the one video I saw didn't include any of this.

EA can have great highlights from your game with great commentary but it will have the immersion factor I'm looking for until they include at least scores (would be even better if they included stats and a highlight) from other games around the league.
Yeah I don't think it will have the highlights of games around the league yet, probably something they will add next year, but the good thing about Larry Ridley being the analyst, is that he can come in the studio and record at any time, hopefully that will one day lead to them being able to add lines throughout the season via patch.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Like I said in a earlier post, the halftime show is dynamic, they will talk about specific plays and how they happened. If you got a big goal line stand or 3rd down stop and then scored a TD on the next drive, it will show the big stop and the TD. Having low expectations is one thing but the information is out there, it's not generic and it's not repetitive.
You're speaking of these things in absolutes, like you've seen them running in the game with your own two eyes. But you haven't. What EA says will be in the game and how EA says these things will be implemented, we know from their track record, doesn't always match up.

Go re-read the Infinity Engine press release(no two tackles will ever be the same), then I'll show you multiple tackle animations that are exactly the same. Go re-read the Ignite Engine press release where they mentioned human level intelligence, human biometrics, etc. Then show me where any of that stuff was in Madden 25.

Stop taking things EA says at face value when they haven't earned that kind of trust.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #37
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
You're speaking of these things in absolutes, like you've seen them running in the game with your own two eyes. But you haven't. What EA says will be in the game and how EA says these things will be implemented, we know from their track record, doesn't always match up.

Go re-read the Infinity Engine press release(no two tackles will ever be the same), then I'll show you multiple tackle animations that are exactly the same. Go re-read the Ignite Engine press release where they mentioned human level intelligence, human biometrics, etc. Then show me where any of that stuff was in Madden 25.

Stop taking things EA says at face value when they haven't earned that kind of trust.

I speak in absolutes because there's video of it out already and I know people who played it at E3. It's dynamic not generic and it doesn't just show one play. The examples I gave about a big 3rd down or goal line stand and the following TD are from a person who played the game at E3 and saw/heard exactly that.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-23-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #38
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I speak in absolutes because there's video of it out already and I know people who played it at E3. It's dynamic not generic and it doesn't just show one play. The examples I gave about a big 3rd down or goal line stand and the following TD are from a person who played the game at E3 and saw/heard exactly that.
Do you have a link or source?

Watch me play video games
Old 06-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #39
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Besides the video from VSN is there another halftime video. I just re watched that one and it had 5 highlights. 4 TDs and an INT. It never mentioned if the INT led to the next score nor did it talk about any set up plays...
Old 06-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Was there ever a specific reason given as to why we can't get in game highlight breaks or halftime highlights of other games during CFM? How were they able to do it on the Sega Genesis, when they'd cut to a game with a few seconds left?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »