Home

Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #57
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
They basically say the same thing the article does about talking about their drives. Their exact example they said they saw showed a pick 6. They never specifically say they saw all these things.

I would like to see another video of the halftime show showing these features before I believe. If they so have it, great. It's a start, but it needs to have more immersion.
In the video with Sim he specifically talks about how the Steelers got a stop on 3rd down and didn't get a TD but did get a FG.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #58
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
In the video with Sim he specifically talks about how the Steelers got a stop on 3rd down and didn't get a TD but did get a FG.
He said that was an example of how it would work..He didnt specifically say he saw it like he said about the INT Return for a TD.

He actually said him and and his friend were playing in a close defensive game and at halftime and it showed a pick 6 by polamalu.

His comment about the fumble recovery, sounded more like that was something he was told would happen...Go back and listen to it word for word. He never said he heard it say that
Old 06-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #59
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm expecting it to sound a lot cleaner in the final build, I have confidence in Brian Murray because every other area of M15 presentation looks MUCH improved.
JP the sound will most likely not improve much at all. Commentary is part of presentation, but from a design perspective, it is entirely its own beast. just because the presentation is in fact much improved, the commentary may still be downright terrible. Based on what ive heard thus far, i would prefer for there not to be a halftime show this year, and get it ready for next year. The lines themselves sound good, but there just isn't enough content to avoid those moments of prolonged silence. it would be a pleasant surprise if audio is significantly better, but at this point in development, i would seriously doubt it.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0
Prob because every other game that has done gamebreaks showing video has been a copy and paste team on a pre rendered play. People forget 2k was the same..don't know how many times I saw Vick pass with his right hand or the fact that if I played every game that week no video would be shown. Still it has to be some way they can do it now..With this whole cloud junk and more resources talk..it was like that for genesis also so all this time nobody thought of a better way..wow!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #61
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05
JP the sound will most likely not improve much at all. Commentary is part of presentation, but from a design perspective, it is entirely its own beast. just because the presentation is in fact much improved, the commentary may still be downright terrible. Based on what ive heard thus far, i would prefer for there not to be a halftime show this year, and get it ready for next year. The lines themselves sound good, but there just isn't enough content to avoid those moments of prolonged silence. it would be a pleasant surprise if audio is significantly better, but at this point in development, i would seriously doubt it.
I just think the halftime show is something they're still working on, the pregame stuff sounds good to me as does the commentary, at least Nantz doesn't sound so compressed and sounds more like himself. They've added player spotlight montages too, so with all the work they've put into it, I have a feeling they're still working on the halftime audio and the flow of everything. I was told the final product would sound better by Larry Ridley and Brian Murray himself so we'll see. Regardless of how it turns out, next year we need to see highlights of other games, a post game, and weekly wrap up show with all the news, stat leaders, player of the week, mvp race, playoff picture, standings, and injury reports around the league. The virtual twitter either needs to go or be a supplemental piece to a much deeper connected franchise presentation package. I would also like to see studio updates and game breaks, this is next gen and we need to see a true next gen presentation for connected franchise. I believe Murray has enough knowledge and resources to make this and probably more happen. Hopefully he will be fully utilized by Cam and the team to deliver a true sim broadcast environment for Madden for years to come.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #62
All Star

I always wondered why they could not just do a live action shot (not animation) of Nantz and Simms when they show them in the booth. That would add to the realism. Show the real guys next year talking. That would help the "immersion factor" as well...
Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #63
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I always wondered why they could not just do a live action shot (not animation) of Nantz and Simms when they show them in the booth. That would add to the realism. Show the real guys next year talking. That would help the "immersion factor" as well...
Yeah I agree, that's what NHL is doing this year. Another idea is to scan them in because their face scans look amazing.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:39 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlucky
Prob because every other game that has done gamebreaks showing video has been a copy and paste team on a pre rendered play. People forget 2k was the same..don't know how many times I saw Vick pass with his right hand or the fact that if I played every game that week no video would be shown. Still it has to be some way they can do it now..With this whole cloud junk and more resources talk..it was like that for genesis also so all this time nobody thought of a better way..wow!
That's weird though, 'cause the game did show a highlight from your game if you made a big notable play. I can see why they wouldn't have that if you played every game in the same week though... I don't think they expected anybody would do that since it's so many games in one week, ya know?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »