Home

Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

This is a discussion on Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #65
Rookie
 
testudoaubreii's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I always wondered why they could not just do a live action shot (not animation) of Nantz and Simms when they show them in the booth. That would add to the realism. Show the real guys next year talking. That would help the "immersion factor" as well...
Just to piggy-back on this a bit...

How about going the extra step and perhaps getting an affiliate, like CBS or ESPN, and actually using the real pre/half/post guys to add an even more "real" immersion to the game? That would be pretty awesome. Pretty expensive, I would suppose, but awesome.

I know that it won't happen, but one can suggest or hope for something like that for presentation.
testudoaubreii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #66
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,757
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii
Just to piggy-back on this a bit...

How about going the extra step and perhaps getting an affiliate, like CBS or ESPN, and actually using the real pre/half/post guys to add an even more "real" immersion to the game? That would be pretty awesome. Pretty expensive, I would suppose, but awesome.

I know that it won't happen, but one can suggest or hope for something like that for presentation.
Yeah, you answered you own question.

They hired a local tv sports announcer to do the voice.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #67
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I always wondered why they could not just do a live action shot (not animation) of Nantz and Simms when they show them in the booth. That would add to the realism. Show the real guys next year talking. That would help the "immersion factor" as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii
Just to piggy-back on this a bit...

How about going the extra step and perhaps getting an affiliate, like CBS or ESPN, and actually using the real pre/half/post guys to add an even more "real" immersion to the game? That would be pretty awesome. Pretty expensive, I would suppose, but awesome.

I know that it won't happen, but one can suggest or hope for something like that for presentation.
I think these are the kinds of things that we as gamers miss the core issues of at times. On the surface it may seem that adding live shots, real network branding or any number superficial additions will fix this stuff but that's not really the case, imo. Even though those things would likely add incremental improvement, any existing core implementation issues would still diminish the final product.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #68
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Icon5 Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, you answered you own question.

They hired a local tv sports announcer to do the voice.
I heard in a interview with Brian Murray, that the reason they hired a local talent was so they can bring him in and record plenty of audio as needed. With Nantz and Simms they only have access to them a few weeks out of the year.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #69
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,301
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I heard in a interview with Brian Murray, that the reason they hired a local talent was so they can bring him in and record plenty of audio as needed. With Nantz and Simms they only have access to them a few weeks out of the year.
I don't take any issue with this decision at all. As long as the commentary is seemless, realistic and flows well, it really doesn't matter "who" it is. 2k proved it with Dan and Peter. If him being local gives them greater access, then that can only be a good thing.
GiantBlue76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #70
Rookie
 
testudoaubreii's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, you answered you own question.

They hired a local tv sports announcer to do the voice.
Yeah.

I have to go back and listen to the announcer. I live about 20 minutes from Tiburon, and I believe that the stadium announcer in NCAA 14 is this guy who's name is Dan Stone from a local talk radio station here in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think these are the kinds of things that we as gamers miss the core issues of at times. On the surface it may seem that adding live shots, real network branding or any number superficial additions will fix this stuff but that's not really the case, imo. Even though those things would likely add incremental improvement, any existing core implementation issues would still diminish the final product.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not saying that will fix the game by any means. I share the opinion of many on here on what Madden can improve on. I just commented on this because it is in the presentation article thread.

Last edited by testudoaubreii; 06-25-2014 at 04:05 PM.
testudoaubreii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #71
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Madden really needs to pump up it's presentation to say the least.
BallSoHardU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 03:13 AM   #72
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2013
Re: Madden 15 presentation article (few more details on halftime show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
If they do it how the halftime show worked in NCAA, all games that day are simulated when you play your game. The game engine then updates your game with stats/scores from other games as they play out in relation to your game and what time it started.

So if you have a 4:15/4:25 ET start time, all of the 1 pm ET games will be done, and the other 4 pm ET games will update at a similar rate that your game progresses. For a 1 pm game, you will see the other 1 pm games update as you go along, but you won't see any scores from late/night/MNF games.

I'm assuming that's how it'll work, as that's how NCAA worked. It could be different

Madden way back on the PS2 even had a ticker where the in progress score would show up at the bottom of the screen. God only knows why that hasn't happened yet on the newer consoles.


2005: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrS7RY3LSqE

Last edited by oreo93; 06-26-2014 at 03:22 AM.
oreo93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.

Top -