Home

Zoom Cam Discussions

This is a discussion on Zoom Cam Discussions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Zoom Cam Discussions

Thought it might be nice to have a thread for us zoom camera guys

Two things I see needs fixed with this years zoom camera, so it doesn't ruin the on field immersion aspect pre play.

1. Camera shouldn't jump way out when you send a guy in motion pre snap. Kills the close on the field feel for me. Looks twitchy. I want to stay in zoom mode until post snap when passing mode enables.

2. The camera shouldn't pull way back when you adjust hot toutes,etc. Instead a tilt right and left from a QB center axis aspect would be sweet. Again, the in and out zooming kills that awesome on the field feel you get when you line up with the zoom cam.

What you guys think about the zoom camera this year? You like the way it zooms way far away so often pre snap? Even appears twitchy in and out. Would be sweet if they could fix these issue's. At least number one mentioned above. That should be a easy fix and would certainly help the feel of their game in zoom mode.

Last edited by BigDaddyHolmes; 06-12-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Zoom Cam Discussions

I think the Zoom cam is perfect this year! Trust me I've been waiting years for them to implement the perfect zoom cam & this year they've finally done it! I haven't been able to enjoy Madden for years because of their camera options (everything always felt too small & didn't immerse me). The last decent zoom cam we had was in Madden 10 but with that one it didn't pull back enough so that you could see all of your receivers. This year they got it just right. It's the perfect angle & height. It pulls back just enough so that you can see all your receivers on pass plays while zooming in just right on running plays. I hear you on the suggestions (by the way you can still rotate the cam side to side presnap like in previous Maddens) but i'd rather them not mess with it because it could mess something up by changing it. So with all due respect, PLEASE DON'T CHANGE THE ZOOM CAM EA! IT'S FINALLY PERFECT!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I used the zoom cam last year and it looks like this year the "zoom cam" is now the default cam. A smart move considering the graphics really pop with the zoom cam from M25.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

so there's an even closer zoom camera, bear?
Old 06-13-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
so there's an even closer zoom camera, bear?
I do not think so. I think they took the zoom cam from last year and just made it default, and from there you can zoom out.

When the guy went through the camera angles in that one video I dont think I saw one get closer, only further out or broadcast

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I do not think so. I think they took the zoom cam from last year and just made it default, and from there you can zoom out.

When the guy went through the camera angles in that one video I dont think I saw one get closer, only further out or broadcast
It's actually not the same one from last year. It's more like the one from NCAA 14 but better. This one zooms out perfectly & is set at the perfect angle for pass plays while still making you feel like you're on the field as opposed to watching from a blimp lol. This is the best gameplay camera view we've ever had in Madden.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
Rookie

This cam seams to be lower to the ground, more like Madden 13 zoom cam to me. I'm pretty big into these zoom cams every year. I know Pittbull and MegaFootball on here are too.

IMO, they basically went back to the Madden 13 zoom cam with maybe a slight tweak higher up view. I actually loved Madden 25's zoom cam the best, Madden 10 was great too. I never had a problem seeing all my receivers in Madden 25. Even with a receiver just out of camera pre snap, I could see the defender, so no big deal. In fact Madden 25 could have been just a bit closer for me pre snap, but was pretty solid post snap for passing. I played better on Madden 25 with zoom then the other cam angles, because I could throw into tight windows better.

What I don't like:

You guys like the way the zoom cam goes in and out for players in motion? I can't see why it needs to do that. At least, not so far out as it does. Seams weird to go from zoom to sky cam back and forth so much pre snap on every play. Looks jerky and takes away that on the field experience zoom cam offers
Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
This cam seams to be lower to the ground, more like Madden 13 zoom cam to me. I'm pretty big into these zoom cams every year. I know Pittbull and MegaFootball on here are too.

IMO, they basically went back to the Madden 13 zoom cam with maybe a slight tweak higher up view. I actually loved Madden 25's zoom cam the best, Madden 10 was great too. I never had a problem seeing all my receivers in Madden 25. Even with a receiver just out of camera pre snap, I could see the defender, so no big deal. In fact Madden 25 could have been just a bit closer for me pre snap, but was pretty solid post snap for passing. I played better on Madden 25 with zoom then the other cam angles, because I could throw into tight windows better.

What I don't like:

You guys like the way the zoom cam goes in and out for players in motion? I can't see why it needs to do that. At least, not so far out as it does. Seams weird to go from zoom to sky cam back and forth so much pre snap on every play. Looks jerky and takes away that on the field experience zoom cam offers
Like I said bro, you don't have to zoom it back when the receiver is in motion if you don't want to. You can still rotate from side to side like in previous Maddens. So in that sense they're giving us a choice. I don't think they should take out the option for those who prefer to have it zoom out. The more options the better. Now if you're talking about for when you play someone else in person & you're on defense & your opponent is constantly zooming in & out presnap, then yes that can be annoying. I still think they should leave it like it is. A Custom Cam option would solve everything though lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »