Home

New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

This is a discussion on New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The AI is improved remember he was most likely playing on pro. Shopmaster's video on all pro shows the improved ai.
What does the level have to do with AI? Behavior is behavior, and regardless of what level you are playing at we should see a consistency of either good behavior or bad behavior. That All Pro **** is a cop-out.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The problem with Madden is that it's open every single time. Eventually, DBs should start reacting properly when the same routes are run. They're touting they've done this, it remains to be seen.
See when people say this it makes me think they haven't played a Madden in years. Try throwing slants all game, computer starts dropping people in zone or bumping your receiver at the line. Keep throwing curls, computer starts jumping the route. I mean, honestly do people come in here trashing the game without actually playing it?
Old 06-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #11
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
What does the level have to do with AI? Behavior is behavior, and regardless of what level you are playing at we should see a consistency of either good behavior or bad behavior. That All Pro **** is a cop-out.
The level affects the ability of the AI. Tighter coverage on all madden vs rookie. If the difficulty didn't effect the AI then there would be no difference playing on any of the levels.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #12
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
See when people say this it makes me think they haven't played a Madden in years. Try throwing slants all game, computer starts dropping people in zone or bumping your receiver at the line. Keep throwing curls, computer starts jumping the route. I mean, honestly do people come in here trashing the game without actually playing it?
I played it quite a bit, and I can tell you for sure that I could go up and down the field throwing 3 different routes on the CPU.. slants, curls and outs. They simply never adjusted.

These are my observations, maybe you see something different. That's fine. But don't assume I never play just because my opinion is different than yours. Thanks for contributing to the conversation, though.

Watch me play video games
Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I'm just curious. Why would an IN/OUT route not be open right at the break? That's the open window for that route and when the ball should be thrown. It's up to the defender to close in those couple of a seconds.

I fee like if Madden had perfect coverage not only would it be unrealistic people would be complaining to no end that the WRs get no separation anymore and they can't complete a pass.
What I meant was they are open at their breaks and the DBs are a few steps behind the rest of the play. It's always an open pass that you can hit over and over. The DBs reacted the same way they do in M25.

Obviously, there haven't been enough footage seen to say that they won't adjust, but the issue is also with the animation. All DBs play the same way. They play stiff hipped.

There was one of the gameplay videos, I forget which one, but the pass play had the same routes on each side (4 WRs). Outside WRs ran a curl, inside WRs ran a corner. Exact same reactions from each DB across the board. Exact same results of the WRs getting open by a few steps. If you split the screen in half and mirrored one over to the other side, it wouldn't have been any different.

I'm still looking forward to the game, but I just have yet to see any changes in defensive AI that actually make them any better at man coverage. Zone looks improved, though. Maybe man coverage will be fixed when WR/DB interactions are finally added.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #14
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
This is not true. I could run curl routes against Richard Sherman all game and complete 10/10 - 9/10 with no adjustments by the CPU AI. It has been a game killer for me the last 2 years. I even did that and tested it with CPU man coverage sliders at 100 and tried editing and maxed out corners to give them ability to cover it. They say it's been addressed and it will be the 1st thing I test in the demo.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

One of the things that often gets overlooked when talking about coverages is the luxury of it being a game where we have a good view of the entire field. That makes timing routes much easier. Watch a game using all-22 film and you will see guys get open frequently only for the QB to miss him (not by throwing but by not seeing him).

Madden could get coverage near perfect and it would still be easy because of it being a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #16
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The AI is improved remember he was most likely playing on pro. Shopmaster's video on all pro shows the improved ai.
I know your not an EA rep but didn't you say the same thing last year? Yes the AI plays better as it gets higher but it isn't an steep difference as some elude too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »