Home

New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

This is a discussion on New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #17
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
One of the things that often gets overlooked when talking about coverages is the luxury of it being a game where we have a good view of the entire field. That makes timing routes much easier. Watch a game using all-22 film and you will see guys get open frequently only for the QB to miss him (not by throwing but by not seeing him).

Madden could get coverage near perfect and it would still be easy because of it being a game.
Agreed... But if sliders worked properly and if man coverage ratings mattered then the window for these throws and the reactions of db's should eliminate this. Yes it's a game and because it's a game different levels and sliders should allow me to make the game as hard as I want it to be. There should not be 1 play or route that has 100% success.

NBA 2k18 Playbooks
Old 06-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I mean if you guys watch football on tv curls and outs as well as ins are first down money routes for most teams. Defenses in the nfl counter by doing there home work based on down and distance. The same can go for madden. The problem I have with madden and coverage is when someone is playing a cover 0 "which means man to man and no safty help over the top" I can audible my WR to a streak and lead pass the wideout to a easy catch 9/10 times that's not real but it's in the game. You can't bump the TE so corner routes and outs by the TE is unstoppable as well as the seam route. Madden can't take these routes away but they should make it so the defense has a chance. For those with last gen defense in madden 25 was the worse I ever seen but for next gen it improved a bunch so I have have hope for madden15 on next gen. One last thing if they don't find away to slow down the read option running offenses it's gonna be another long year for defenses in madden 15 online at least.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:45 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
See when people say this it makes me think they haven't played a Madden in years. Try throwing slants all game, computer starts dropping people in zone or bumping your receiver at the line. Keep throwing curls, computer starts jumping the route. I mean, honestly do people come in here trashing the game without actually playing it?
Maybe he's talking bout online play?

Please answer that parspective, I haven't seen the AI do that online
Old 06-23-2014, 01:41 AM   #20
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
This is not true. I could run curl routes against Richard Sherman all game and complete 10/10 - 9/10 with no adjustments by the CPU AI. It has been a game killer for me the last 2 years. I even did that and tested it with CPU man coverage sliders at 100 and tried editing and maxed out corners to give them ability to cover it. They say it's been addressed and it will be the 1st thing I test in the demo.
That's your problem right there. Sliders to 100 didn't make pass coverage actually better by the cpu... The dang sliders are what should be near the top of their list on things to fix. If only the sliders actually worked....
Old 06-23-2014, 04:16 AM   #21
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
That's your problem right there. Sliders to 100 didn't make pass coverage actually better by the cpu... The dang sliders are what should be near the top of their list on things to fix. If only the sliders actually worked....
This sad, but true. Half the sliders are reversed. The higher they are, the worse it is. I predict they will be just as broken in Madden 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
I know your not an EA rep but didn't you say the same thing last year? Yes the AI plays better as it gets higher but it isn't an steep difference as some elude too.

He does it every year. Swear he is on EAs payroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #23
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
He does it every year. Swear he is on EAs payroll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am also starting to wonder if he is a undercover EA marketing guy or something. If he is not on EA's payroll, they should pay him anyway; he deserves it.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:34 AM   #24
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I am also starting to wonder if he is a undercover EA marketing guy or something. If he is not on EA's payroll, they should pay him anyway; he deserves it.
Never received a dime from EA, I'm just passionate about seeing the game turnaround and believe they finally have the right team & more importantly, leadership supporting them, to make it happen. If this doesn't pan out, I'll be begging for the NFL to release the license so other companies can try to make a better product.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »