Home

New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

This is a discussion on New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-24-2014, 01:07 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Never received a dime from EA, I'm just passionate about seeing the game turnaround and believe they finally have the right team & more importantly, leadership supporting them, to make it happen. If this doesn't pan out, I'll be begging for the NFL to release the license so other companies can try to make a better product.
You should want this regardless. It benefits all gamers and would probably benefit EA too. Their game would be better and they would alienate less of their old core fans.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 06-24-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #26
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
An improvement in hardware also opens up the game for more realistic animations. Defensively it is nice to see pile-ups, goal-line stand-up tackles, and defensive swats. 4th and inches used to be a gimme play as tacklers rarely could stop a ball carrier’s momentum, but Madden NFL 15 allows big hitters to stop a player dead in their tracks.
Hmmm. Looking forward to seeing this. Goal line & short yardage specific animations are definitely needed. Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding his statement. The last statement makes me wonder.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #27
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
You should want this regardless. It benefits all gamers and would probably benefit EA too. Their game would be better and they would alienate less of their old core fans.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
I never said I didn't want competition but I'd be desperate for the license to end if Madden doesn't succeed after the "3 year plan" with Madden 16.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #28
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
That's your problem right there. Sliders to 100 didn't make pass coverage actually better by the cpu... The dang sliders are what should be near the top of their list on things to fix. If only the sliders actually worked....
100% agree sliders should be at top of priority. My point was I tried everything to fix the problem. There was no fix. Sliders at 0, sliders at 100, editing players coverage, lowering wr route running, lowering CPU accuracy, none of it mattered. The success rate was still there. Do I run curls every play all game? No, it's not sim but knowing it exists and I could deal breaker. If sliders work adjusting sliders to 0 or 100 should be drastic. Not even sure why they are in the game if they don't do what they are in the game to do.

NBA 2k18 Playbooks
Old 06-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I never said I didn't want competition but I'd be desperate for the license to end if Madden doesn't succeed after the "3 year plan" with Madden 16.
So when does it stop? talking about madden 16 already? it will be the every time when a new team comes in. They say all the right things and they will be focused on improving the game. Remember that cam guy that came onboard a few years ago, everybody was excited and then all the hype last year where the this is the year for madden and just feel flat on its face.

They just need to make a new game, period. Scrap this POS and move on from it. In reality though, they cant, no way they do that but that is where competition comes in.

Instead of EA actually working on improving the necessary things in the game like gameplay and realism, they focus on changing play call screens and adding cones. Those aren't necessary, i am pretty sure most people would overlook the ugly crowd animation if the gameplay was great and realistic.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #30
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
100% agree sliders should be at top of priority. My point was I tried everything to fix the problem. There was no fix. Sliders at 0, sliders at 100, editing players coverage, lowering wr route running, lowering CPU accuracy, none of it mattered. The success rate was still there. Do I run curls every play all game? No, it's not sim but knowing it exists and I could deal breaker. If sliders work adjusting sliders to 0 or 100 should be drastic. Not even sure why they are in the game if they don't do what they are in the game to do.
I agree that sliders should be fixed, but I would be very pissed if it was the top priority. I assume that was a poor choice of words. If Madden 16 were to come out and their selling point was "hey we fixed sliders!" I would grab my pitchfork and torch and go on a field trip.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #31
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
So when does it stop? talking about madden 16 already? it will be the every time when a new team comes in. They say all the right things and they will be focused on improving the game. Remember that cam guy that came onboard a few years ago, everybody was excited and then all the hype last year where the this is the year for madden and just feel flat on its face.

They just need to make a new game, period. Scrap this POS and move on from it. In reality though, they cant, no way they do that but that is where competition comes in.

Instead of EA actually working on improving the necessary things in the game like gameplay and realism, they focus on changing play call screens and adding cones. Those aren't necessary, i am pretty sure most people would overlook the ugly crowd animation if the gameplay was great and realistic.
I'm not even going to waste my time going over all the improvements in gameplay and realism since Cam came and in 15 alone, if all you think they did was add play call screens and cones.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'm not even going to waste my time going over all the improvements in gameplay and realism since Cam came and in 15 alone, if all you think they did was add play call screens and cones.
Improvements/Realism? The problem is, EA can say anything is an improvement, but really it is just an adjustment. It doesnt make it an improvement.

Remember the year where they said they fixed defensive AI, zone coverages, and defenders able to play flats better? I believe that was m12. Oh now this year they are finally "fixing" defense again? So they are recycling a new improvement. What they do is flip flop every year, they "improve" one year, then next year it is horrible and then ok, finally it is fun to play defense again! How bout consistently improve it instead of borking the defense to enhance the stupid precision running thing in m25.

Every year "ratings matter now", wait so it didnt matter before? Like having a million different ratings, yet it didnt matter, but it matters this year finally?

Now lets get to realism

So it is real that i can hot route everybody on the field on any given play? Doesnt seem real to me

for years, zig zagging all across the field?

I can list so many more, but you get the point.

My point is, why even waste the time on fixing the play call menu, nobody really complained about that. They should of known they were going to made fun of the cone so why implement it in the game again? Why do you think the question always come up "can i turn it off". If people are asking that, that is a problem. I understand it is only an animation thing, but still leave it out. Just improve the tackling period! Like putting in true organic gang tackling or tacklingi n general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »