Home

New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

This is a discussion on New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #33
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I agree that sliders should be fixed, but I would be very pissed if it was the top priority. I assume that was a poor choice of words. If Madden 16 were to come out and their selling point was "hey we fixed sliders!" I would grab my pitchfork and torch and go on a field trip.
Lol! You know the point and what I meant. It might not be a back of box seller although you could sell as - new feature: "you can now customize the game to your liking" but it would and could go so far with the long term madden and sim heads. This way it helps them in end by making everyone happy as they can adjust game and fix what maybe they didn't have time to get to or address in that cycle.

NBA 2k18 Playbooks
Old 06-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
Improvements/Realism? The problem is, EA can say anything is an improvement, but really it is just an adjustment. It doesnt make it an improvement.

Remember the year where they said they fixed defensive AI, zone coverages, and defenders able to play flats better? I believe that was m12. Oh now this year they are finally "fixing" defense again? So they are recycling a new improvement. What they do is flip flop every year, they "improve" one year, then next year it is horrible and then ok, finally it is fun to play defense again! How bout consistently improve it instead of borking the defense to enhance the stupid precision running thing in m25.

Every year "ratings matter now", wait so it didnt matter before? Like having a million different ratings, yet it didnt matter, but it matters this year finally?

Now lets get to realism

So it is real that i can hot route everybody on the field on any given play? Doesnt seem real to me

for years, zig zagging all across the field?

I can list so many more, but you get the point.

My point is, why even waste the time on fixing the play call menu, nobody really complained about that. They should of known they were going to made fun of the cone so why implement it in the game again? Why do you think the question always come up "can i turn it off". If people are asking that, that is a problem. I understand it is only an animation thing, but still leave it out. Just improve the tackling period! Like putting in true organic gang tackling or tacklingi n general.
How many hours of Madden 25 and Madden 13 did you play?

Did you play Madden 25 next gen?

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 06-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #35

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

How or why is that relevant?

Did these problems cease to exist if you played x amount of hours?

I keep seeing you bring this up but it is completely irrelevant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

I see it brought up on Twitter occasionally asking people how many hours have you played Madden 25, 13?

Not sure if I understand the relevance, either.

I played less of 25 last year, does that make my opinion count for less than I had in the past?

Last edited by roadman; 06-25-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

This exactly. The problems with the game don't magically turn off once you reach 20 hours of play time lol.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #38
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Lol! You know the point and what I meant. It might not be a back of box seller although you could sell as - new feature: "you can now customize the game to your liking" but it would and could go so far with the long term madden and sim heads. This way it helps them in end by making everyone happy as they can adjust game and fix what maybe they didn't have time to get to or address in that cycle.
I know what you meant. Sorry, its just that sometimes the amount of hyperbole on the internet turns me into a ticking time bomb.

I will say that I think they should focus on nailing the default gameplay first. Make it play a decent game of simulation football out of the box. But there is no reason why both cannot be accomplished in one development cycle. But I will save my soapbox for another thread.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

I have played madden 25 next gen since it dropped. And I can't name one aspect of the game that is done great. These improvements you speak of are not completely done.

They added true step
But it only works for the offensive player.

They reprogrammed the O-line
But they made running to easy, outside run plays are super overpowered.

I can go on and on but you know the issues with the game. I just want them to improve the game without feeling like they could have done it better. For once just nail something that they put their mind too.

The game doesn't nail any aspect of football. But you keep bringing up that's it's getting better. All these little improvements just make the rest of the stuff look worst that's why when we see new gameplay it's hard to see positives because the negatives pop out right at us. No one knocks you for liking madden, it's the fact that you still have the urge to defend such a poor product. I don't expect madden to ever be sim, because I have came to terms with what crowd and kind of gamers EA makes this game for. Just look at who they choose for GCs. Actions speak louder then words fellas. They say they want a sim game but invite tourney, exploiters to give feedback and assist on what should be added in the game.

I got a serious question for you guys.

If I came to you in 2005 and handed you a copy of madden 25. And told you this is the best EA can do in the next 9 years. What would you say?
LA DODGERS

Last edited by dat boi Q; 06-25-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:59 PM   #40
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
I have played madden 25 next gen since it dropped. And I can't name one aspect of the game that is done great. These improvements you speak of are not completely done.

They added true step
But it only works for the offensive player.

They reprogrammed the O-line
But they made running to easy, outside run plays are super overpowered.

I can go on and on but you know the issues with the game. I just want them to improve the game without feeling like they could have done it better. For once just nail something that they put their mind too.

The game doesn't nail any aspect of football. But you keep bringing up that's it's getting better. All these little improvements just make the rest of the stuff look worst that's why when we see new gameplay it's hard to see positives because the negatives pop out right at us. No one knocks you for liking madden, it's the fact that you still have the urge to defend such a poor product. I don't expect madden to ever be sim, because I have came to terms with what crowd and kind of gamers EA makes this game for. Just look at who they choose for GCs. Actions speak louder then words fellas. They say they want a sim game but invite tourney, exploiters to give feedback and assist on what should be added in the game.

I got a serious question for you guys.

If I came to you in 2005 and handed you a copy of madden 25. And told you this is the best EA can do in the next 9 years. What would you say?
Disappointment, that's for sure. Playing 2k5 then playing new gen Madden, I'd be pissed. Graphics have obviously improved, but it's taken a huge hit presenation wise and gameplay wise. It's sad.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »