Home

Question about the player lock feature.

This is a discussion on Question about the player lock feature. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #9
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Question about the player lock feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
Trust me a USER DEFINED camera has been on the books far longer than Man Lock camera. And considering they already have the tech for Man Lock in Madden I don't understand why they reimplemented one side of the ball...Remember the lead block feature? That was a Man Lock camera on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And trust me too
I've one of those that's been asking for user defined camera forever.
LOVED the CAMS systems on FPSFB.
Simply saying even when they do implement something (however late it may be) they are nailed anyways.
Just glad we got something and hopefully it contunes to be added or at the best give us the user defined camera.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-25-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

I already asked and it's defensive only which is crazy to me
Old 06-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

The main reason (And I don't mean to turn this into a anti EA thing) is that the AI for the QB hasn't been the greatest in a while. They take sacks on screen plays and have never really been good at progressing through their receivers.
If they did have player lock on O and you decided to be a WR, RB or whatever. It wouldn't take you long to stop locking on anyone other than QB.

When I do my "coach" mode and let the CPU control QB and I call the plays, I always have to do the screen passes etc.. as if not 90% would be sacks. I guess on screen plays we could just not lock on anyone and do the QB ourselves but in the end I'd like a QB programming that wasn't semi brain dead.

Anyways while we all would like it Madden QB intelligence is a ways away from greatness.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #12
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The main reason (And I don't mean to turn this into a anti EA thing) is that the AI for the QB hasn't been the greatest in a while. They take sacks on screen plays and have never really been good at progressing through their receivers.
If they did have player lock on O and you decided to be a WR, RB or whatever. It wouldn't take you long to stop locking on anyone other than QB.

When I do my "coach" mode and let the CPU control QB and I call the plays, I always have to do the screen passes etc.. as if not 90% would be sacks. I guess on screen plays we could just not lock on anyone and do the QB ourselves but in the end I'd like a QB programming that wasn't semi brain dead.

Anyways while we all would like it Madden QB intelligence is a ways away from greatness.
In the past this has been the case, especially for NCAA, but the last release the AI actually does a decent job of throwing the screen pass.

However, I do believe it is a QB AI issue. If a user takes control of the WR there is a good chance that the WR will not be running the correct route (even if they attempt to). That will complicate matters. The user may try to freestyle or improvise and the AI QB is unable to adequately do that.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
In the past this has been the case, especially for NCAA, but the last release the AI actually does a decent job of throwing the screen pass.

However, I do believe it is a QB AI issue. If a user takes control of the WR there is a good chance that the WR will not be running the correct route (even if they attempt to). That will complicate matters. The user may try to freestyle or improvise and the AI QB is unable to adequately do that.

I agree that it was better this past Madden but still not where I'd trust the AI. Hopefully the QB AI eventually gets an upgrade

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »