Home

Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #25
Pro
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbia, SC
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

Lol. If us sim guys tried to play him with a realistic style he would thrash us. I NEVER play online. I had one madden 25 on ps4 since day one and I played one game for 1 quarter and quit because I ran into a guy that played like he does. EA can say they want a sim game but if 9 out of 10 guys they bring in as gamechangers are tourney and exploiters that tells me what kind of game we are getting before it comes out. And the only reason the few sim guys are still gamechangers are because they won't admit or say anything bad about EA. Now all we hear is the game is moving in the right direction or wait next year.
First it was three year plans now it's phase 1-3. All we have to look forward to are sliders,options,and other sim players to get by playing this game.
__________________
SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS
SF 49ERS
ORLANDO MAGICS
LA DODGERS
dat boi Q is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #26
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
Lol. If us sim guys tried to play him with a realistic style he would thrash us. I NEVER play online. I had one madden 25 on ps4 since day one and I played one game for 1 quarter and quit because I ran into a guy that played like he does. EA can say they want a sim game but if 9 out of 10 guys they bring in as gamechangers are tourney and exploiters that tells me what kind of game we are getting before it comes out. And the only reason the few sim guys are still gamechangers are because they won't admit or say anything bad about EA. Now all we hear is the game is moving in the right direction or wait next year.
First it was three year plans now it's phase 1-3. All we have to look forward to are sliders,options,and other sim players to get by playing this game.
Couldn't have said it better man. Madden was built for cheesers. I laugh every time someone tries to say Madden is working to be a Sim. If by sim they mean it's like watching the sims play football then they might be right.
Jerros is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #27
MVP
 
underdog13's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,205
I hope there are not more 'guest post' like this, this was terrible.
underdog13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #28
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
One of the best features that people rarely mention when they bring up 2K's football games was the limit they had for just one offensive hot route per snap. The defense, however, could make unlimited pre-play adjustments.

That system helped to make games like 2K8 and 2K5 much more balanced, instead of the unstoppable offensive highlight reel that Madden games have become.
But I don't like that as a solution either. That is a limitation on the user that is not realistic.
Add a delay and make crowd noise a factor on the road. If, and I am aware of how unlikely this is, but if they ever add playbook knowledge from HC to Madden then that opens up the possibility of miscommunication and adjustments gone wrong.

But this does remind me of the silly house rule I started using which has now become second nature. I play my games while sitting on a dining room chair (eyes are too bad for the couch). When I go to make an adjustment I lean forward in a way that (I think) mimics QBs. Think Peyton leaning forward to bark an order to the line. After I make my adjustment I go back to a straight posture and take a breath as if looking over the field. When I am ready to snap I slightly lean forward again to mimic the ready for the snap posture. Ridiculous? Yes, but that little presentation I do helps to make adjustments a bit more realistic. In case you are wondering, I draw the line at shouting out Omaha. I'm not that far gone.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #29
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
But I don't like that as a solution either. That is a limitation on the user that is not realistic.
Add a delay and make crowd noise a factor on the road. If, and I am aware of how unlikely this is, but if they ever add playbook knowledge from HC to Madden then that opens up the possibility of miscommunication and adjustments gone wrong.

But this does remind me of the silly house rule I started using which has now become second nature. I play my games while sitting on a dining room chair (eyes are too bad for the couch). When I go to make an adjustment I lean forward in a way that (I think) mimics QBs. Think Peyton leaning forward to bark an order to the line. After I make my adjustment I go back to a straight posture and take a breath as if looking over the field. When I am ready to snap I slightly lean forward again to mimic the ready for the snap posture. Ridiculous? Yes, but that little presentation I do helps to make adjustments a bit more realistic. In case you are wondering, I draw the line at shouting out Omaha. I'm not that far gone.
Not to cherry pick the bold but C'mon man, User limitation should be used to achieve realism, in certain context. I refuse to type out much because it won't matter one bit, so I'll keep my point simple. There's a whole host of things that are missing in relation to making audibles realistic in Madden so providing an OPTION to limit preplay adjustments like that other game did would be a good move. Any limitation in Madden that is placed there to prevent exploiting the game in an unrealistic way I generally would count as a realistic limitation.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #30
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Not to cherry pick the bold but C'mon man, User limitation should be used to achieve realism, in certain context. I refuse to type out much because it won't matter one bit, so I'll keep my point simple. There's a whole host of things that are missing in relation to making audibles realistic in Madden so providing an OPTION to limit preplay adjustments like that other game did would be a good move. Any limitation in Madden that is placed there to prevent exploiting the game in an unrealistic way I generally would count as a realistic limitation.
I understand where you are coming from, but I prefer the time restriction.

However, it also would depend on what adjustments are limited. Say I come out and read a overload blitz coming from the weakside. Say I shift protection and hot route a slant. Then I hot route my RB to a block and release. Or just block, whatever. Nothing wrong with those moves right? Well under the other game I could not do that.

That is why I prefer that each time you make an adjustment the QB goes into an animation during which you cannot snap the ball. In effect it would be a 2 or 3 second delay between adjustments.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Dec 2006
Blog Entries: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

You could slide the protection, tell extra people to block, audible to a new play and flip the play direction as much as you wanted in 2K5 and 2K8. The only pre-play limitation on the offense was for changing individual routes -- you were allowed one route change per snap.
jyoung is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #32
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden NFL 15: Five Tips To Be Better This Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You could slide the protection, tell extra people to block, audible to a new play and flip the play direction as much as you wanted in 2K5 and 2K8. The only pre-play limitation on the offense was for changing individual routes -- you were allowed one route change per snap.
Thanks for the clarification. Still, it would handicap the user too much in my opinion. I wanna be able to get my Peyton Manning on, just not in less than two seconds and before everyone is lined up.

While I would prefer the time delay, I would also prefer the other method over the status quo. We all agree that a change is needed.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Top -