Home

E3 Presentation Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

This is a discussion on E3 Presentation Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5
E3 Presentation Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

Thought I'd post a breakdown concerning presentation considering how well received the gameplay analysis was received. So here it is: a look at presentation.

Unfortunately, presentation is more of an abstract concept... so this vids a bit more philosophical.

Hope you all enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCm5U_PIT8k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: E3 Presentation Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

Thanks for the breakdown.

It indeed looks like the EA dev team gets it and is moving in the right direction. I just hope that the reactions aren't too few that they become redundant (much like lines in the commentary) and something that we grow tired of too quickly and start trying to click through.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
Thanks for the breakdown.

It indeed looks like the EA dev team gets it and is moving in the right direction. I just hope that the reactions aren't too few that they become redundant (much like lines in the commentary) and something that we grow tired of too quickly and start trying to click through.
its funny you mention that because i was thinking of covering that very issue, and how it appears to rectified. while the cutscenes might become a bit redundant, the real time presentation in post is littered with seemingly hundreds of contextual animations. i was gonna show that off if the vid, but it would have been too long and taken away from the focus of my main point.

glad you enjoyed it!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Rookie

The presentation looks good to me..albeit I'm looking at it through madden colored glasses..had to take the 2k glasses off (some of you should do that as well) Its better than what they had before but man I was thinking the other day while browsing YouTube for past madden presentations and just a thought for anyone that can paste and edit movies..If madden was to go in their own archives and give the NFL films guy Brian all the past openings and entrances that they've had throughout the years this would be a new era of presentation for sports videogames..Every madden from 09 to 25 has had something different to start the game..from the outside stadium shots to fans buying merchandise and tailgating to qbs warming up with stat overlays..I just imagine how awesome all of that mashed up into one clip would look like..
Old 06-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Nice breakdown.

I agree with your advice of letting the user have control over the post play action and I would even throw in Stat banners (i usually miss them because i hit a button to make a defensive or offensive adjustment.

I also agree about the replay angles. Sometimes they are too zoomed in or too short in length. (I also hate the ones that are behind something--like a leg or in the video the first down marker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Good job... It really shows the progress from last year to this year.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Question Re: E3 Presentation Analysis and Breakdown Play by Play

This may be a record for most consecutive optimistic and positive posts about Madden. I wish I was joking, but hopefully that's going to start to change under this new era for Madden.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
Banned

oh my god why did you have to try and show off your intelligence the whole damn video. You did not need more than a few seconds to get each point across

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »