Home

New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

This is a discussion on New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

http://www.newgamenetwork.com/articl...medium=twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New Game Network Hands on at E3(fairly in depth)

Sounds like the AI is not improved. He mentioned pile-ups I'm wondering if he actually saw some during his time with the game.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Sounds like the AI is not improved. He mentioned pile-ups I'm wondering if he actually saw some during his time with the game.
The AI is improved remember he was most likely playing on pro. Shopmaster's video on all pro shows the improved ai.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:59 PM   #4
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The AI is improved remember he was most likely playing on pro. Shopmaster's video on all pro shows the improved ai.
It would be nice for who ever talks about the game tells us what difficulty they played it on.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm still skeptical on the AI being improved. Even in the All Pro videos, the coverage is pretty shoddy. The ins and outs are still wide open at the break. They still over run curl routes a lot. They have that funky animation where they turn their hips the wrong way when the WR breaks.

Zone coverage looks a bit improved, but man doesn't look any better. Small sample size, so we'll see, but I don't know. Overall, the game looks better than M25 at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timk617
I'm still skeptical on the AI being improved. Even in the All Pro videos, the coverage is pretty shoddy. The ins and outs are still wide open at the break. They still over run curl routes a lot. They have that funky animation where they turn their hips the wrong way when the WR breaks.

Zone coverage looks a bit improved, but man doesn't look any better. Small sample size, so we'll see, but I don't know. Overall, the game looks better than M25 at least.
I'm just curious. Why would an IN/OUT route not be open right at the break? That's the open window for that route and when the ball should be thrown. It's up to the defender to close in those couple of a seconds.

I fee like if Madden had perfect coverage not only would it be unrealistic people would be complaining to no end that the WRs get no separation anymore and they can't complete a pass.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Why do these reviewers keep playing on pro? You can't give a decent review when you aren't playing on the difficulty that properly shows all the improvements.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I'm just curious. Why would an IN/OUT route not be open right at the break? That's the open window for that route and when the ball should be thrown. It's up to the defender to close in those couple of a seconds.

I fee like if Madden had perfect coverage not only would it be unrealistic people would be complaining to no end that the WRs get no separation anymore and they can't complete a pass.
The problem with Madden is that it's open every single time. Eventually, DBs should start reacting properly when the same routes are run. They're touting they've done this, it remains to be seen.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »