Home

Old 06-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What Ever Happened To THIS?

The op is great example of why I don't think Tiburon is being straight with us about what they can accomplish with Madden, without starting from scratch. There has been all kinds of information that has trickled out over the years basically admitting the base code has far too many issues, that will only let them "fix" so much. In fact there is some interview with Ian Cummings after leaving Tiburon where he states something to that effect. Add with that the people that claim to be shown certain things at Tiburon which never make it in the game and it starts to seem like we have plenty of well intentioned people working on Madden, limited by legacy code and not being able to start over from scratch, for whatever reason.

Now that doesn't explain or excuse the other stuff that seemingly has nothing to do with legacy code, like presentation, franchise and a myriad of little things. It seems there is just a perfect storm of issues surrounding the creation of Madden, exacerbated by a lack of direct NFL competition, resulting in the game being what it is.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #10
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Clearly acceleration and deceleration need improvement. It would probably clean up some of the wild skating around we see but even the foot planting looks much improved in those videos. We can talk all day long about how the players feel more weighted in next gen but until they fix those 3 things we'll never have the kind of weighted momentum this game desperately needs.

This without even addressing the lack of actual interaction between the WR/DB. Jostling for positions, swim moves, extended arms on overthrown balls, push offs...all would go a long way in creating a more realistic experience.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #11
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
defenders were over-running their routes/assignments due to flawed locomotion...they couldnt figure how to fix it

Ahh, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
they couldnt figure how to fix it
If I had a nickel...

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #13
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Yep I remember this well and was very unhappy when it seemingly disappeared.

If the game was to include descriptions for each attribute this is what it would say:

Route Running: Determines a WR's ability to run good routes **Not modeled in game, sorry**

That is inexcusable.

Last year I ran an experiment and created a thread about it. I created two mirror WRs where on was a 99 RTR and the other was a 50 or so. They ran identical routes, the only difference was the 99 guy had an uncanny ability to cause the CB to play like an idiot (oddly enough there were one or two routes where there was a visible difference. The out route was one of them).

That might have been forgivable last gen, but it is certainly not acceptable now.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #14
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
defenders were over-running their routes/assignments due to flawed locomotion...they couldnt figure how to fix it

Thank u for this..but the fact that "they" can't figure out the issues with their own game or own "engine" speaks volumes..which again makes most of us believe nothing major will change...I mean this is there game.. They created it but can't figure out the issues? Ughhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #15
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

the frustrating thing for me is that everyone & their cousin knows the NFL is now a *Pass First, Run Later* league.....

so....moving into next-gen......why would EA put a lot (or all) of their resources into fixing the running game before the passing game? (I don't own NG M25 but from what I can gather on these boards, the running game got a lot of love)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 09:52 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

The locomotion is the #1 glaring issue in this series since 2006. It is clear that the Madden team cannot figure out how to fix it without breaking the entire game.

Until this issue is fixed, Madden will always be running on a broken engine created with the jump from PS2-PS3 (Xbox-Xbox 360).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »