Home

What Ever Happened To THIS?

This is a discussion on What Ever Happened To THIS? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 01:56 AM   #65
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Ever Happened To THIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Right but, and I know this is over thinking it, but if you do that you have no control group so to speak. What I mean is what exactly did he do? Did he turn on Madden, edit WRs to 0 RTR, play the game and try to spot differences from memory? Did he play with default ratings first and then edit? Then spot differences from memory?
People naturally look for patterns. If you do that method I promise you you will find something different.

I know I am taking it a bit overboard, but hey I do research and analysis for a living. And I will not stand for bad science!
I would assume repetition in practice mode and since next gen consoles can record gameplay...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 8

I have been saying this for years now. The game just doesn't have enough animations. Ratings should dictate animations. Most of the problems in this game would be solve by doing this.

A WR with with low catch rating should.
- catch more passes with his chest.
- bobble catches, drop catches

And just think how dynamic the game would be by doing this with all the ratings.
LA DODGERS
Old 06-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #67
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
I have been saying this for years now. The game just doesn't have enough animations. Ratings should dictate animations. Most of the problems in this game would be solve by doing this.

A WR with with low catch rating should.
- catch more passes with his chest.
- bobble catches, drop catches

And just think how dynamic the game would be by doing this with all the ratings.

Rating specific animations is the way to go, IMO. I would love signature styles too. I think someone mentioned a tiered system around here. CB's with low tackling attributes would only have access to certain tackle animations. Maybe even have more of those animations where the offensive player "fights" for a few extra yards. Patrick Willis should have tackle animations that stand you up and put you on your back! Your momentum will be stopped. Like you said, we could do it with wideouts too. Fitzgerald would have different animations from DeSean Jackson. They could even customize them more depending on the type (possession, speed, deep threat) of wideout. It would visually improve the game a great deal.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Rating specific animations is the way to go, IMO. I would love signature styles too. I think someone mentioned a tiered system around here. CB's with low tackling attributes would only have access to certain tackle animations. Maybe even have more of those animations where the offensive player "fights" for a few extra yards. Patrick Willis should have tackle animations that stand you up and put you on your back! Your momentum will be stopped. Like you said, we could do it with wideouts too. Fitzgerald would have different animations from DeSean Jackson. They could even customize them more depending on the type (possession, speed, deep threat) of wideout. It would visually improve the game a great deal.
Exactly!

It would open the game up like never before.
LA DODGERS
Old 06-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
So I just ran some tests, and found that lowering Agility to 0 makes the players step more realistically and less herky jerky. BUT, sprinting, and cutting up field gives you the exact same animation as if you were to have 99 agility. The same crisp, hard angled cut, regardless. I also tested setting route running to 0, and it gives a better, more natural look to WR's routes. In other words, the animations just slow down...that's about it. DB's still react to 0 route running the same way they do to 99 though.
I always play on slow. I wonder if that gives the same effect as your experiment?

I also wonder if Tiburon pays any attention to what people do with sliders and ratings? I remember years back fooling around with 2K5's sliders and ratings, I used to see new animations that didn't happen with the default settings, I even used to see ones I hated play out less or disappear altogether. Never got into that with Madden though.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #70
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Been playing a lot of FIFA lately and Madden needs to take so much from their game it's not even funny. You guys are talking about the varying animations and in FIFA it's easy to tell the skill level of the guy you are using just by running around. Players don't all feel exactly the same. Their ratings make a big big difference.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #71
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Right but, and I know this is over thinking it, but if you do that you have no control group so to speak. What I mean is what exactly did he do? Did he turn on Madden, edit WRs to 0 RTR, play the game and try to spot differences from memory? Did he play with default ratings first and then edit? Then spot differences from memory?
People naturally look for patterns. If you do that method I promise you you will find something different.

I know I am taking it a bit overboard, but hey I do research and analysis for a living. And I will not stand for bad science!
I edited the default attributes. I took Brandon Marshall, went into practice mode on Offense only 1st, then a normal practice, and took a visual note of how he ran various routes with his default RTR rating. I then edited his RTR to 0, went back, and noticed his cuts in and out of routes were slower and that DB's didn't always get faked out by his cuts, BUT still did on certain routes from time to time. Charles Tilman with his 90 MCV, more times than not got beat on the curl routes with a good 4-5 yards to make up.

This is last gen by the way. Idk how it differs on current.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #72
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Been playing a lot of FIFA lately and Madden needs to take so much from their game it's not even funny. You guys are talking about the varying animations and in FIFA it's easy to tell the skill level of the guy you are using just by running around. Players don't all feel exactly the same. Their ratings make a big big difference.

I notice a difference on FIFA iPhone game as well..which blows my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »