Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #89
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
These cleats have to go! Take a page from NHL, Get authenticities equipment. Jordan cleats, Cam's hi top under armor cleats etc. This year can is wearing the shin pads like in basketball, this would make sense to have for players to use. They should be ahead of the curve on accessories instead of a year or ten behind!

I'm looking at the game and i kinda like what I see, aside from the same animation for tackling- where the ball carrier falls on his back after hitting the turf. The animations are too much though. The way they line up is all animation, not distinct walk, or different motion. And then they morph into the spot. Still no multiple formation audible and multiple players moving on the line of scrimmage.

The angles have to get better because they've always taken a angle to tackle from behind no matter which location you were starting.

The spin move needs to be neutralized, and only effective for very elusive players. And defenders need to break down prior to diving. It should be built into the defense while you are approaching the runner. To many blow buys happen in Madden, NFL players are way to disciplined.

That throw he made with Wilson, off balance, was bull, the physics alone should have made him throw a lollipop, and dude should have picked that. That was Antoine Bethea.

Madden always looks good, but just as they have generic tattoos in UFC, Madden could've used those to have all players that are tatted be tatted in the game, then not only Kap is tatted.
There are multiple players moving at the line of scrimmage and I've even seen the RG motion to the QB to hurry up and snap the ball. The pre and post play animations are one of the biggest improvements I've noticed in the animation department so far. Players are interacting in the huddle, putting arm around each other, talking to each other, hand guesstures, etc.. Little things but it's the little things that people have been wanting to see for years, the way they fixed wind direction, and the way wind affects kicking and passing this year is another example. QB inaccuracies will probably be the biggest game changer IMO. I think that will completely change the way people select their teams, especially in CFM.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #90
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
So they got new music?
Yeah Sean Graddy talked about them getting rid of boom boom pow finally in the ign demo. They also have real music playing during the quarter break montage like in real life, which is a nice touch.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #91
Rookie

Falconsfan21's Arena

OVR: 1

My problems with the maddens series as of late as been 1) the commentary. it got to the point where i knew what line was coming next. its boring and repetitive 2) the physics. While to try run the ball. the rb runs into his own lineman and falls like a puppet on strings. 3) the celebrations in the endzone. im a avid NFL watcher and most of these players dont do those celebrations. steven jackson doing air guitar?

Graphically the game has gotten better but thats about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1
To me it's just sad that Madden went through all the trouble to monopolize the license and all we get year in and year out is the same game. Now this new team decided to go back and research some old features from past titles to cherry pick. So in their minds most of us have forgotten these features so we won't recognize them or call them out. With that mindset they advertise all these things as NEW innovations. This is how they view the consumers? Mindless sheep? Sad, really sad. But lets go down the list of a few examples.

BACKBREAKER:
So they decided to implement BackBreaker's Defensive cam and a modified version of their lock on player feature. Interesting choice. Sadly, I think BB actually did this better and keep in mind, its older.

Madden 05:
This is more of a trendy gimmick which Madden has done in the past. In 05 the Ravens were SB champs and what was Madden's theme? DEFENSE. So of course the Seahawks are th new trend. The year when Tom Brady and the Pats broke a ton of offensive records Madden went Offense crazy. Just to give you an idea of the trends they follow.

Madden 08:
The so called new button prompt to do defensive line moves? Oh yeah, Madden had that for all positions back in 08. Now it's just modified for line play but yeah, you get the picture.

NCAA 08:
Keeping with the same year, NCAA 08 had this feature where you could jump the snap. A message would show up on the screen if you got it right saying great jump. Sound familiar? That's right boys and girls, a NEW innovative jump the snap feature for Madden 15. It never ends, but lets continue.

NCAA 14:
All 22 camera. Need I say more? Nah, you get the picture.

There are a few other things such as true step and the power circle from 2k, the vision cone which was originally designed for the qb when offense was the trend. But yeah, this is what we're getting folks. Old features packed onto the same engine with the same stiff animations and sloppy tackle physics. All this packaged under a new coat of paint which to me honestly isn't that impressive. This is 2014, how about adding some slight cloth physics to the jerseys instead of standard normal mapped wrinkles. Not impressed. just food for thought.

The definition of Innovation:
1. something new or different introduced.
2. the act of innovating; introduction of new things or methods.

Doesn't quite fit does it?
Old 06-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #93
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
They seriously need to fix this! I don't want to see refs gliding & speed bursting to keep up with the play. True Step for referees?
Hey, I'm just glad they have refs in the game. Last gen, they didn't have them in there until, what, '09?

When my expectations have fallen so low, I suspect I'm just not the consumer EA is shooting for.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #94
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan21
My problems with the maddens series as of late as been 1) the commentary. it got to the point where i knew what line was coming next. its boring and repetitive 2) the physics. While to try run the ball. the rb runs into his own lineman and falls like a puppet on strings. 3) the celebrations in the endzone. im a avid NFL watcher and most of these players dont do those celebrations. steven jackson doing air guitar?

Graphically the game has gotten better but thats about it.
All 3 of those especially the 3rd have been improved this year, they removed all the old celebration cutscenes and now celebrations are all done in real time. The crowd and sidelines have improved too. I know some people have said on here that the sidelines weren't touched but that is not true, the players now respond and watch the plays on the field, come off the bench to congratulate teammates, get upset and frustrated on negative plays. The crowd responds properly to big plays and stands up and cheers during them as well, crowd models have more indistinguishable character models now as well, not as many duplicates. Rex has said they aren't there yet with the Living Worlds feature but improvement has been made since last year in that area. I don't know if this is considered living worlds but players also will look up at the jumbotron on big breakaway TDs.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-28-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 0
I mean watching the videos it reminds me of maddens of old with the animations but the graphics on next gen look much better then the first madden on next gen. I buy every madden been playing since I was a kid now I'm grown. The thing that bothers most is the WR/DB animation for bump and run has been the same since ps2 that's why the same plays will always work until it's fixed. The read option is still gonna impose it's will on most defenses based on the video. I'm a online guy I never was into playing the cpu if it's no competition it's not fun to me. I'm a madden fan there improving but it doesn't hold me like it use to. I'm gonna buy it because I'm addicted to sports. I give madden credit cuz they trying like 2k was great but...... They took core modes away for online and that killed it for me plus the servers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #96
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The pre/post play cameras are nice and I like the crowd noise but that's it. When the ball is snapped it becomes a stale game of madden. The movement/animation, commentary looks the same. I don't see much difference.

That Russell Wilson roll to the right and throw across his body to the middle of the field, still being more or less on target, while the wr continues downfield and allows the db to undercut it and have it hit him square in the chest but drop it anyways is the epitome of madden.

It's a tired stale game with so many bandaids it's hard to find any fundamentally sound football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »