Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2014, 03:46 PM   #129
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Like most people on forums like this, we tend to see things in a vacuum. What's a little thing to some is HUGE to others. When WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are addressed soon, it will be a huge deal to many people on here, but for others the QB in accuracy being addressed this year, will be just as big. For others, getting rid of cutscenes and having real time celebrations is big, for many people, they will be blown away by Madden 15 because graphically it "looks real". For some, every year will be the same old Madden because the player movement hasn't been addressed the way that it needs to be, but the year it is, this dev team will be looked at differently all of the sudden. Then there's the crowd that want their teams equipment, faces, stadiums, socks, etc... to be perfect. There's also the people that want penalties to be fixed and working properly.

Whichever of these are the most important to you, once they're addressed, then you will feel like the game is "there".

This team wants to appeal to all of this, but rest assured the gameplay is first and foremost and simulation is their goal. I know things like WR/DB interactions, better player movement animations, gang tackling etc... are coming very soon, but I'm just curious to see what you guys will be saying then about this team, when all along they planned on addressing these things.
Oh really?? and what is the timeline on this? PS5 and Xbox 720?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-28-2014, 03:47 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
This team wants to appeal to all of this, but rest assured the gameplay is first and foremost and simulation is their goal. I know things like WR/DB interactions, better player movement animations, gang tackling etc... are coming very soon, but I'm just curious to see what you guys will be saying then about this team, when all along they planned on addressing these things.
"These things" are being added far too ssllloooowwwwwllllllyyyyyyy.
At the pace they are going, the game will never get there.
And where is the realistic off field (franchise) modes?

And while the gameplay is slowly being addressed, where are the franchise guys? I thought the development was compartmentalized. I won't really be happy with Madden until their is a realistic offseason/off field franchise. I want the game to stop making me feel like I'm putting a quarter into a coin slot. So far, all we've heard is "practice has changed".

I'm curious what you will be saying 3 years from now. I could take a guess at this.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #131
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Like most people on forums like this, we tend to see things in a vacuum. What's a little thing to some is HUGE to others. When WR/DB interactions and gang tackling are addressed soon, it will be a huge deal to many people on here, but for others the QB in accuracy being addressed this year, will be just as big. For others, getting rid of cutscenes and having real time celebrations is big, for many people, they will be blown away by Madden 15 because graphically it "looks real". For some, every year will be the same old Madden because the player movement hasn't been addressed the way that it needs to be, but the year it is, this dev team will be looked at differently all of the sudden. Then there's the crowd that want their teams equipment, faces, stadiums, socks, etc... to be perfect. There's also the people that want penalties to be fixed and working properly.

Whichever of these are the most important to you, once they're addressed, then you will feel like the game is "there".

Glad for you that you are enthusiastic about the game, but for me it's more than just talking about the things they are adding/want to add. Those things have to actually WORK. A lot of the issues I see are implementation issues. The ideas and design (Clint and Rex) seem great. However, if it doesn't work in game, then all of that is meaningless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Giantblue76 said something to me the other day that made a lot of sense, in regard to tackling in Madden. If the other defenders actually assisted more, ie swarmed to the ball carrier and could get it on bringing down the ball carrier, tackling in Madden wouldn't seem like as much of a challenge.

I think that's where the gang tackling in ProTak at least offered some merit, allowing for some form a swarming. This seems like yet another area where a lack of animation variety, in this case gang tackling ones, holds Madden back. From a layman's POV it seems that suction is a result of there not being proper animations to trigger account for what's happening, so there is this warping effect. I think people have been saying for years that Madden needs way more attention on transition animations and animations as a whole.
The more I see EA trying to go the physics route, the more I disagree with the approach. Maybe try it again in another 5 years or so, because right now, it's just not ready.

Look at Madden 12. No suction. All tackles were made at the point of contact. You had consecutive hit tackles. Tackling was entirely animation based, no physics, and it was the best tackling system Madden ever had, imo of course. And then there's that other football game series. All animation based tackling. No actual physics models at work.

If EA can't get physics right, give us a system that works. Have a team working on physics in the background and reintroduce it later. Animation based tackling is still better at this current stage. Heck, that other game had animations for up to 3 defenders on the ball carrier. Yet, in Madden 25, you had an uninterruptable stiff arm tackle that only one player can engage in.

Physics aren't implemented the way they should be and make the game a visual eyesore, and that's aside from the terrible running animations and footwork.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #133
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
The more I see EA trying to go the physics route, the more I disagree with the approach. Maybe try it again in another 5 years or so, because right now, it's just not ready.

Look at Madden 12. No suction. All tackles were made at the point of contact. You had consecutive hit tackles. Tackling was entirely animation based, no physics, and it was the best tackling system Madden ever had, imo of course. And then there's that other football game series. All animation based tackling. No actual physics models at work.

If EA can't get physics right, give us a system that works. Have a team working on physics in the background and reintroduce it later. Animation based tackling is still better at this current stage. Heck, that other game had animations for up to 3 defenders on the ball carrier. Yet, in Madden 25, you had an uninterruptable stiff arm tackle that only one player can engage in.

Physics aren't implemented the way they should be and make the game a visual eyesore, and that's aside from the terrible running animations and footwork.
No way they can go backwards. People would have a fit. People begged and begged for physics and forgot who was the team that was going to be implementing them, lmao. I never thought Madden needed physics when it got it, but it brought people back to the game. I agree with you though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #134
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
[...] I understand that the old era left a bad taste in many people's mouths but you have to understand this is a new era and things are changing for the sake of realism not difficulty. If difficulty was the problem, why make QBs inaccurate and change that? It's easier if you can use whatever QB and be successful but the days of people using Terrelle Pryor like RG3 are over, ratings matter now and it's about time.
I appreciate where you are directing our attention and can understand why (EA Madden) would proceed with caution to save from overwhelming the casual gamer with too much stress on simulation.

I will state however that there is more to be done in respect to proclaiming, "those days are over" so I will remain in the wait and see mode and see how they add onto these initiatives in future iterations.

For too long it has looked like a simple scattering of seeds when it comes to harvesting plans for Madden: it is time to see these value added implementations take root and flourish into extensions of the greater good.

Rex and his crew still have much ploughing and weeding out to be done in the Tiburon fields of Madden.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #135
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Ok what Rex actually said about suction was...."with the way it was before you could be a foot away and miss the tackle because it didn't allow for spatial distance to make a tackle and in real life you're going to grab, lunge, reach, and dive to make a tackle. So part of the new mechanic is being able to match your tackle from a distance as long as you have the proper facing alignment."

So it wasn't about making it easier as much as it was making it more like real life. I understand that the old era left a bad taste in many people's mouths but you have to understand this is a new era and things are changing for the sake of realism not difficulty. If difficulty was the problem, why make QBs inaccurate and change that? It's easier if you can use whatever QB and be successful but the days of people using Terrelle Pryor like RG3 are over, ratings matter now and it's about time.
If that's the case why not use your time to create reach or lunge animation to trip the players or make contact with the players and let the physic take over when contact is made.

Instead they created a gimmick feature that sucks you into a animation and take once the animation is determine all defender stops.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #136
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon5 Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
If that's the case why not use your time to create reach or lunge animation to trip the players or make contact with the players and let the physic take over when contact is made.

Instead they created a gimmick feature that sucks you into a animation and take once the animation is determine all defender stops.
Players do reach, in every E3 video, watch closely, reach tackles aren't in, yet, but players can reach and affect plays now. This video points out how it works in M15.

http://youtu.be/6inZEN7YOtU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »