Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #137
MVP
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

JP I really appreciate ur hope (side note hope ur child is well) but how can we as a whole believe the next wave of guys? We were told to believe the last group and the group before..let's say they have a board in their office and all the issues Madden has..how is QB Acc the first improvement over running tackling? Each group of dev have claimed sim was the goal..each also did something that had us say "wait maybe they have figured it out" but then what happens they either leave or worse stay and don't figure it out..ask ur self this question.."if Ford made a bad fleet of cars, changed CEO's several times did not improve, but continued to say we have a plan" would u believe them? The improvements I see (which graphics I see) is nothing more then a Mustang that LOOKS GREAT but the motor is terrible and has been for 10 years..how can we trust them ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #138
MVP
 
drlw322's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: los angeles
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Players do reach, in every E3 video, watch closely, reach tackles aren't in, yet, but players can reach and affect plays now. This video points out how it works in M15.

http://youtu.be/6inZEN7YOtU
Youre missing the point bro. Ive seen this video it looks mostly cosmetic. Im talking about reach animation that actually make contact and effect physic. Listen i like what they are trying to do in alot of the aspect of this game ie presentation, graphic, passing acurracy, catch ratio. But you need to take the madden goggles off for a sec and see what they are doing with the tackling system is backwards. Will buy this game, yes. And i will enjoy it too once i put the tackling silder down to like 20 to ensure there are more group - gang tackling
__________________
Dynasty Nation Dynasties
My 2014 Lakers Dynasty Kobe and Melo

drlw322 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #139
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,494
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
JP I really appreciate ur hope (side note hope ur child is well) but how can we as a whole believe the next wave of guys? We were told to believe the last group and the group before..let's say they have a board in their office and all the issues Madden has..how is QB Acc the first improvement over running tackling? Each group of dev have claimed sim was the goal..each also did something that had us say "wait maybe they have figured it out" but then what happens they either leave or worse stay and don't figure it out..ask ur self this question.."if Ford made a bad fleet of cars, changed CEO's several times did not improve, but continued to say we have a plan" would u believe them? The improvements I see (which graphics I see) is nothing more then a Mustang that LOOKS GREAT but the motor is terrible and has been for 10 years..how can we trust them ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blind faith. (not saying I have it!)

If what they touted at E3 is working in the final copy as advertised, then maybe people will start to feel a bit more comfortable with the current team.

If things don't work as advertised, no faith at all will prevail.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #140
MVP
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Blind faith. (not saying I have it!)



If what they touted at E3 is working in the final copy as advertised, then maybe people will start to feel a bit more comfortable with the current team.



If things don't work as advertised, no faith at all will prevail.

I agree kind of lol..I think they(EA as a whole) have burnt us two many times..to be clear though if this "3 year plan" does happen to work I will be the first to post a thread explaining I was wrong! Cause that is what a want a Good Game


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #141
Hall Of Fame
 
KBLover's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Aug 2009
Blog Entries: 14
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
Madden will never be fundamentally sound it's a video game. They have to keep the fun factor to sell units if they ever made it to hard people wouldn't buy it.
See - I'm sick of this "if it played solid football it would be too hard for casuals/non-football coaches/whatever" line of thought.

If the player AI reacted like NFL players, the "casual" player wouldn't have to know why they are doing it or even know they are using NFL-style responsibilities. The plays would just play out as though they would, things would work because they should, things that are likely to fail would do so for reasons the "casual" sees on Sunday, and so on.

I mean when "Joe Football Fan" sees a DB make a great pick - does he know (or care) about how DBs play coverage, why the DB got such a great jump? No, he appreciates the play (or curses, depending on how it went for his team) and is engrossed in the symphony that is NFL football.

Playing Madden could be the same way. Just like it is for The Show. The average baseball fan doesn't need to know the mechanics of why high fastballs and big 12-6 curves are nasty to hit against or how to throw them with a controller - he can put it on "Classic" pitching or "Timing" hitting (or both) and get the same experience and player ratings create a similar outcome and his eye is challenged all the same.

So if that player or someone new to football calls a 46 defense against a 4 WR set and gets burned, with the game playing like real football, he can see with his eyes what happened. If he lets the game guide his play calling, and he sees the game suggest a Nickle Cover 3 on 3-and-20, then he can start learning what plays to consider in situations.

If the game played fundamental football with player AI that also did so and an engine that expresses player skill prototypes and such, he'll see the game play more like what it does on Sunday and can use the same "general knowledge" (it's 3rd and 2 - better watch the run, etc) and have things play as they should.

It's not about video game difficulty, it's about the sport playing out. If anything, it might be EASIER because the average fan wouldn't have to "learn Madden" instead of using general football knowledge he'd probably learned/heard watching games and listening to NFL network.

If the game played fundamentally, Gore would have had to power through #27 to get the TD, which would be MORE exciting of a play and MORE fun to watch and make happen. You'd feel like you're Frank Gore plowing over some hapless defender to get a 6-yd TD like Gore has done many times in his career.

#41 wouldn't be all over the place taking himself out of a play for no reason. Once you see him shed, you could switch to him and have a better shot at taking Kaepernick down. That would be more fun than watching helplessly as he does something completely football stupid that no NFL player would do, not even the worst (because he would see why it's called the Not For Long league).

Bowman wouldn't "just trip". Instead, you'd see him lay the wood on Lynch, stuffing the play. A MORE fun thing than watching Bowman trip for no reason and not doing what he's seen Bowman do with regularity on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
At the end of the day if madden made the best video game ever people would still come on here and complain about it. That's with every video game it's sad but that's just the world we live in.
Completely irrelevant. Just because someone would complain about the "perfect" football game, that doesn't mean games shouldn't keep improving and refining.

Instead, what about those who would EAT UP a game like that? Why not focus on them instead of people who might complain that the grass is too long?
__________________
"Some people call it butterflies, but to him, it probably feels like pterodactyls in his stomach." --Plesac in MLB18

Last edited by KBLover; 06-28-2014 at 09:14 PM.
KBLover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #142
Banned
 
Big FN Deal's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
See - I'm sick of this "if it played solid football it would be too hard for casuals/non-football coaches/whatever" line of thought.

If the player AI reacted like NFL players, the "casual" player wouldn't have to know why they are doing it or even know they are using NFL-style responsibilities. The plays would just play out as though they would, things would work because they should, things that are likely to fail would do so for reasons the "casual" sees on Sunday, and so on.

I mean when "Joe Football Fan" sees a DB make a great pick - does he know (or care) about how DBs play coverage, why the DB got such a great jump? No, he appreciates the play (or curses, depending on how it went for his team) and is engrossed in the symphony that is NFL football.

Playing Madden could be the same way. Just like it is for The Show. The average baseball fan doesn't need to know the mechanics of why high fastballs and big 12-6 curves are nasty to hit against or how to throw them with a controller - he can put it on "Classic" pitching or "Timing" hitting (or both) and get the same experience and player ratings create a similar outcome and his eye is challenged all the same.

So if that player or someone new to football calls a 46 defense against a 4 WR set and gets burned, with the game playing like real football, he can see with his eyes what happened. If he lets the game guide his play calling, and he sees the game suggest a Nickle Cover 3 on 3-and-20, then he can start learning what plays to consider in situations.

If the game played fundamental football with player AI that also did so and an engine that expresses player skill prototypes and such, he'll see the game play more like what it does on Sunday and can use the same "general knowledge" (it's 3rd and 2 - better watch the run, etc) and have things play as they should.

It's not about video game difficulty, it's about the sport playing out. If anything, it might be EASIER because the average fan wouldn't have to "learn Madden" instead of using general football knowledge he'd probably learned/heard watching games and listening to NFL network.




Completely irrelevant. Just because someone would complain about the "perfect" football game, that doesn't mean games shouldn't keep improving and refining.

Instead, what about those who would EAT UP a game like that? Why not focus on them instead of people who might complain that the grass is too long?
I wish I could marry this post, have kids with it and grow old together.
Big FN Deal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #143
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
JP I really appreciate ur hope (side note hope ur child is well) but how can we as a whole believe the next wave of guys? We were told to believe the last group and the group before..let's say they have a board in their office and all the issues Madden has..how is QB Acc the first improvement over running tackling? Each group of dev have claimed sim was the goal..each also did something that had us say "wait maybe they have figured it out" but then what happens they either leave or worse stay and don't figure it out..ask ur self this question.."if Ford made a bad fleet of cars, changed CEO's several times did not improve, but continued to say we have a plan" would u believe them? The improvements I see (which graphics I see) is nothing more then a Mustang that LOOKS GREAT but the motor is terrible and has been for 10 years..how can we trust them ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the end it comes down to the execution of the things we are being promised. The difference between now and then is this, this team understands that Madden is not currently a quality product and doesn't accurately represent what you see on Sunday. They have been more transparent and honest than any developers before them. When you ask Rex a tough question, he doesn't dance around it, he tells the truth. Secondly this team has a plan with a real vision and purpose, that is backed by the leadership above it. They are building off of each title, not just randomly adding things. Every year you're going to see improvements across the board, as well as additions to make the game more simulation than arcade. Thirdly, they are going to real nfl players and asking them how to do things like the real NFL, Clint Oldenburg and Bob Wylie for O/D line play, two Steelers DBs for zone and man coverage this year. There may have been one or two guys from a team, IE Ian, in the past, but now you have Cam and an entire team of developers pushing for simulation. Like I've said before, if this team can't make it happen, no team will. The vision, leadership, nfl experience, it's all in place, now they just have to deliver.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-28-2014 at 09:57 PM.
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #144
Rookie
 
NicVirtue's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

I think the reality of the situation is that in order for them to make a legit football sim, they have to scrap whatever those animations are sitting on, because we are on consoles with way more power, and players are still gliding about. They would have to redo everything, and that is just not going to happen, ever. Madden will just be a game with band-aid fixes to it's bruises. It's gotten to the point where we're almost lead to accept that something "good" in Madden is actually good, when is this day and age, it could be done 100x's better. I'm willing to bet that weight still does not matter, and that you can give a 150 lb QB, give him 99 trucking, and he will run through everyone.
NicVirtue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Top -