Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Cam Weber and Ian are in completely different positions. Cam is the GM of EA Football and actually has the capability and leadership supporting him and the team to make things happen. Ian probably had a similar plan, but I never heard Phil Frazier or anyone else talking about pushing for simulation football.

In the past nothing ever was built off of one title to the next, where was Pro Tak 2.0 or a second phase of any feature they added for that matter.

Going back even to M13, you can see they are clearly building of each title and improving upon the previous title, they had Infinity 2.0, this year there's Player Sense 2.0, they extended True Step beyond the ball carrier and Clint said he's working on it currently for CPU positions like the OL. They improved presentation greatly from last year, have kept adding lines for Nantz and Simms, since 13. The sidelines and crowd have improved since 25, players come off the bench now to congratulate their teammates, crowd audio is more responsive and aware of what's happening on the field.

The issue IMO is the rate of improvement, but unlike the past teams, this team is improving the game each year.
Where did you hear that they worked on true step?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #82
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It'd be nice if the animations were good enough to use for the QB intros instead of real footage. Like NBA 2k14's pre-game intros. Maybe one day.
Granted I have the benefit of being in the peanut gallery and not in the trenches at Tiburon but I wonder how some of this stuff gets decided or approved. I might have already posted this before but whatever, I remember Ian, Phil, Mike Young, all three or somebody talking about the importance of implementing assets that could be continuously reused. In the M15 E3 videos, I noticed that the players are no longer wearing team jerseys in the graphics, just generic ones, with the team branding being denoted somewhere in the graphic. (As a sidebar, was it really that hard to superimpose various team jerseys on face scans if players changed teams). That was presumably done to make those player pics reusable, no matter what team a player landed on, makes sense. Well so would using in-game QB run outs/montages versus real life ones, that at some point will become a waste.

Even if for whatever reason they can't pull actual in-game highlights yet, they could have created a plethora of prerendered run out/montages, using in-game assets, like they do when making those "actual in-game footage" marketing videos.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #83
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Where did you hear that they worked on true step?
From Clint, the main guy who works on it. They extended it beyond the ball carrier and like I said he's working on it for the CPU currently for the future.

If any of you follow me on Twitter, you know I'm not a EA fanboy, I'm constantly telling the devs the things they need to improve upon and implement to make the game better.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #84
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I assume that all sports games have long-term development roadmaps to guide multiple annual product cycles - as well they should - but the term "three-year plan" doesn't really mean anything to me at this point.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:38 PM   #85
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
From Clint, the main guy who works on it. They extended it beyond the ball carrier and like I said he's working on it for the CPU currently for the future.

If any of you follow me on Twitter, you know I'm not a EA fanboy, I'm constantly telling the devs the things they need to improve upon and implement to make the game better.
Where did you hear they've been working on a new animation system?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #86
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
That's where it needs to be the most though. That's where I see most of the BS sliding occur. Under CPU players. I could see it not being for lineman, but it needs to definitely be in the secondary and linebackers. I hate having to see my receivers step to make cuts on a route and DB's and safeties just turn and cut on a dime with no penalty.

Also for CPU ball carriers. Madden 25 they step at times, but can still basically cut the animation short and go where they want.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 06-29-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 25
Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Regarding franchise, they haven't released much info so everything people are assuming, is speculation, other than the practice stuff and that the defensive camera will be available for franchise mode as a player.

Because it is COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED. That's why we haven't heard anything.

$1000 says no formation subs, in game saves or practice squad as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #88

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Where did you hear they've been working on a new animation system?
Here I think I know the answer to that question:

"Clint tweeted to me that it might be done and then later tweeted something along the lines of it being in"

So he saw it mentioned on twitter and starts running wild saying Clint told him personally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »