Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2014, 06:14 PM   #25
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
25 was the first year with Cam & Rex working together and the first year that they were able to implement things that were part of the plan. Rex said it himself, 15 is year two. Rex wasnt even there until 25.
In that case, just going to wait for what Madden 16 looks like
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 06:17 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Game look good. but why do the stat banners disappear so fast. hope its just an early build thing. cause not once have I seen a stat banner pop up and disappear so fast in a real broadcast.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The very first thing that comes to mind for me is the player movement. It's so fast! Everything happens way to fast and twitchy. It's absolutely KILLING this game. .
And your basing this assumption from a super highly compressed Youtube video running at 30fps? Of course its going to be fast and twitchy...

back on topic: I personally thought the gameplay looked pretty good...and definately better AI than last Madden on the new consoles. I really love the visuals and atmosphere now..they are finally hitting on the presentation stuff nicely. Visuals are also a HUGE HUGE improvement over M25, im honestly super impressed with visuals.

Overall i really like what i am seeing and it looks to be a fun playing game but like the guy said...you never can fully grasp the feel of the game until you actually play it and while some people may think thats BS..its true, you really gotta play the game to get the feel honestly because i found this to be true with so many games but yeah, the game has a lot of improvements and the AI logic is much better imho along with plenty of other improvements that is probably going to make it a buy for me.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-28-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #28
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
25 was the first year with Cam & Rex working together and the first year that they were able to implement things that were part of the plan. Rex said it himself, 15 is year two. Rex wasnt even there until 25.
Hahaha see? The "wait till next year, there's 'plan' " returns each and every year. I love it haha.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #29
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

youtube compression isn't making players(d linemen) turn on a dime thats the twitchy people are talking about. the movement is what it is...

this notion that the game must be played to to justify it being new is EXACTLY what is wrong with madden..

the same eye sores are still there but if you play it the new controls or audibles will be new... but nothing else

i should be able to see 4 cpu plays especially on offense and know that this is a new game...

if this game was really a new game

1. the cpu qb would step up in a pocket and deliver passes instead of standing like a statue until sacked, they need to just move around. STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THAT.

2. A pocket would form and DL can be disruptive while still engaged.. NOPE not yet

3.DB would touch WR down the field and not only on the LOS, yes its illegal but its time illegal stuff start triggering so we can see penalties

4. Cpu playcalling, so far its mixed but looks promising i still saw the 4 verts when someone played seattle(cpu) . but this vid was positive...

so yeah a madden junkie like me can see if the game really improved (offline)from 2 mins of footage....

#18 greatest EVA....

Last edited by carnalnirvana; 06-28-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #30
Rookie

thesubmittedone's Arena

OVR: 1

The fact that this game is an improvement over previous iterations doesn't negate the fact that it's a massive disappointment. There is absolutely nothing next gen about it in my mind. Nothing. Same engine, same canned animations, perhaps the most poorly implemented physics engine in all of gaming, and the whole "ignite" crap they were touting at the beginning of next gen seems to be gone. Where are all the "development assets" from "all the teams at EA" that are improving this game that this ignite engine was supposed to make happen?

I don't believe for one second that this exact gameplay isn't possible on PS3/360. I don't believe their "tons more AI calculations/second" crap. It's all bs. Tons more for them, maybe... but only because they were way below average in the previous gen and not because these new systems gave them improved performance. The player models are certainly improved and are, perhaps, the only thing "next gen" about this game. That's it.

This is an update unlike previous Madden's since 2006. Some of those updates improved the game immensely, of course, but they were still just updates on the same broken engine. All it is. Anyone else claiming otherwise is delusional at best. I hate myself for believing jpdavis last year when he said this would be the one where we finally say Madden has arrived. No, it hasn't. It's a decent game at best and compares horribly to other sports games in its class.

So disappointed. It's so frustrating. I'll still buy the game because I love the Redskins and want so desperately to play as them. It stinks that I'm part of the problem and I know it.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 24
Icon8 Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seahawks vs. 49ers (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
You would make one hell of an attorney for EA...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
I'm really not sure why people are surprised that he's saying you have to play the game to notice the difference. It was just last year where people were saying Madden 25 next gen looked exactly like current gen and then after the game came out people were like oh ok I see the difference now, it's an improvement, a step in the right direction. 15 is another jump in that same way, 16 will probably be a bigger jump(more dev cycle time) and IMO the game where things will come together for most people to truly understand the shift that's happening. Rex said last year that he compares it to turning around an aircraft carrier, it was also said that 25 was the first year of the "3 year plan". 15 is the second, if 16 isn't that game we've been wanting all along, then we should probably write this team off. Until then, people are just jumping to conclusions based on the past.

As far as why we are only seeing Seattle and SF, it's because those were the only two teams that EA was finished working on with player models, faces, equipment, etc...as of E3.

I do believe the Seahawks have the "new" Nike shoes that we saw a pic of back in Madden 13 blog.
Duuuuuuuuuuuude come on! You said this SAME EXACT THING last year when 25 was coming out. "If Madden 15 isn't the greatest then I'm losing all hope". Now it's 16? Geez man.

Quote:
Until then, people are just jumping to conclusions based on the past.
And drawing conclusions based on past experiences is something most intelligent people do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »